Prince Charles and the Environment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To further my statement earlier that The Prince of Wales isn't the only world figure speaking out on climate change issues and how it affects the globe, Pope Francis has also spoken up on this issue in his ongoing visit to Africa.

"Francis has made ecological concerns a hallmark of his nearly 3-year-old papacy. But on Thursday, he took particular aim at those who deny the science behind climate change."

Pope says fossil fuels must be curbed in talks - AOL

Mods: if its felt this report belongs in the Pope's thread, please move it. :flowers:

As climate changes, when there is a stress on the resources of an ecosystem, the local inhabitants will face increased burdens. Increased heat, decreasing precipitation, flood, melting of arctic environments all pose threats to humans and our fellow inhabitants of the globe.
That's the message socio-ecologists have been sending for a while now.

Make California dryer, make the Yukon warmer, blanket large Chinese cities in smog, throw a super storm at the Arabian peninsula - all serve to stress the local population. And stressed populations are uneasy populations.
That's the simple message here.

Video:
The Prince of Wales has joked that he is unable to recommend eating delicacies such as heron, swan or peacock as he received an award for supporting culinary heritage. Charles accepted the Prix Francois Rabelais, named after the 16th century French writer, at the Institut de France in Paris for his work on commitment to organic agriculture and environmental protection, while visiting the French capital for the UN climate talks-

Home - ITNSource News

The Prince of Wales today warned the world must help farmers protect soil or face a climate change catastrophe.

He told a meeting in London, attended by Government ministers, that the world must act now for the health of the planet and its people.

In a keynote speech Prince Charles said: "In my experience, the fertility and health of the soil is at the heart of everything.

"If I may say so, my great hope is that today's meeting will lead to further decisive action, funding and research to support the cause of poverty reduction, sustainable landscapes, landscape restoration and more agro-ecological and resilient approaches to land use around the world.”
Read more: Prince Charles warns of 'climate change catastrophe if we don't protect soil' | London Evening Standard

:previous:

Here are some pics of the high level meeting on 'Sustainable Landscapes' in the run-up to COP22 in Marrakech at Lancaster House yesterday, October 26.

The meeting has been organised by The Prince of Wales' International Sustainability Unit, in collaboration with the French and British Governments:

** gettyimages gallery **

Thank you so much for posting this link, Rudolph and I am going to admit that I'm still scratching my head wondering why Charles would ever deem to write exclusively for the Daily Mail and then I realized that if there was a medium to reach the everyday people, that would be the place for it.

I'm just hoping people did read the article as it really has information that we all should be taking seriously. In just one article, Charles presents the clear and present danger this earth faces and although not all to blame on its human population but there's many ways we should become informed enough to know the things that we can do now to help preserve our third rock from the sun.

I'm hoping the book to be released January 26th will be a huge success. I will eventually add it to my own collection.

Back
Top Bottom