Prince Charles and His Sons

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and...here's some pics of Kate Middleton from Corbis...

i'm just wondering....if she goes to this skiing trip with the Wales family...does she pay for herself or does Prince Charles/ Prince William pay?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 258
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 233
i bet wills payed for her. she is pretty!!!

Actually Charles would have paid for her, if she didn't pay for herself, as Charles still supports both his sons.

They will each have access to their trust funds from Diana's estate when they turn 25 but until then it is up to their father to support them.

They will not get anything from the Civil List until they begin full time royal duties or until they marry and with the changes that have taken place in the last decade to who gets money from the Civil List they may not get anything from that even then. The only people who actually receive money from the Civil List now are the Queen and Prince Philip. Any other money paid to members of the royal family is repaid by the Queen.

The last time that a Prince of Wales had grown up children was Edward VII and his son only accessed the civil list after marriage. Of course the parliament was much more liberal at giving money to the Royal Family then.

I personally think that Charles shouldn't pay for all of his son's wants and needs. They will never become what we would consider normal if they don't pay for some of their own things.

The point is that at this time in their lives where are they going to get any money. The government is not going to give them any. They don't yet have jobs in the military (that will change when Harry goes to Sandhurst and he will receive a cadet's pay and more as he graduates and is commissioned). William has no job either.

They can't access their trust funds from Diana (not sure it they got one from the Queen Mum and when, if one exists, that that becomes available) until they are 25.

In other words Charles has to support them until then.

I hope though that he is giving them an allowance and saying live on that for the year and not just handing over money whenever they say they want or need it.

Prince Charles with out a doutb is a good father a good man.. he wasnt a good frind, lover or husdband to late princess Diana. But he loves his kids.. and I don't think that no one can denied him that.

I agree with all of you....altought he is a bad lover, he loves Harry and Wills.....it´s his kids.....I think that after Diana died, they became closer and closer...they have a good conection......if they don´t have that, they are great actors.....heheeheheh...

I think Diana was such a huggy type person that people didn't see the relationship he has with his kids. I think at first too that he didn't know quite how to act but once he saw that William and Harry needed both parents he jumped in a little more. Even on one of his aides(If I can find the interview I will forward it) said Charles wasn't really in their lives for the first five years or so but got his act together soon afterward.

Thanks for the article, Susan. I wonder if it'll turn out to be true.

Does anybody know if that location is actually in Wales or just near the border? I'm not sure what the border does down there any more.

I suppose another alternative is that this farm is being made ready for Charles and Camilla to use so that William can eventually have Higgrove. I suppose we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Last edited:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/06/21/princewilliam/

21 JUNE 2005

Prince William and his father Charles have both been indulging in a bit of high-octane fun. Wills, who has just turned 23, arrived at Cirencester Park Polo Club on a powerful motorcycle, while the heir to the throne made his entrance, along with new wife Camilla, in a classic Aston Martin convertible.

The birthday boy's passion for motorcycles has raised a few eyebrows in royal circles, but he is obviously taking care to avoid any unnecessary risks. The royal biker was cruising along at a leisurely pace, despite the fact his Daytona 600 can accelerate as fast a Ferrari, and he was also wearing a protective jacket, gloves and boots.

William will be donning rather more conservative attire on Thursday when he graduates from St Andrews University, though. The second in line will be sporting a black graduation gown with a traditional black and cherry hood as he receives his degree from the institution's chancellor Sir Kenneth Dover.

And his summer looks set to get off to a storming start because he jets out to New Zealand next week to join the British Lions rugby team. The trip will also see him carrying out his first solo engagements, as he represents the Queen at memorial services in Wellington and Auckland.

"As a huge rugby fan, I cannot think of a better place to watch what will hopefully be a hard-fought and exciting Test series," said the Prince. "But I am also very much looking forward to meeting people outside of rugby and enjoying some of the breathtaking scenery for which New Zealand is so justly renowned."

1. The royal biker makes his entrance at Cirencester Park Polo Club
2. Prince Charles opted for a rather more traditional, though no-less eye-catching, form of transport

Attachments

• willscharles-dop1a.jpg
    willscharles-dop1a.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 301
  • willscharles-dop2a.jpg
    willscharles-dop2a.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 323
Royal Security is so that no one else can cause them physical harm. Riding a motorcycle is purely by choice, and if he were to injure himself it would be his own doing.

Besides, they family can't cut everything out of William's life, it just wouldn't be fair. At 23 if he wants to ride a motorcycle there really isn't much they can do about it...security or no security.

Very true, but at the same time, I don't think they have a whole lot of control on that...like Britters said, there isn't much they can do about it, with or without security.

wow! don't you think charles and camilla should be giving diana credit for raising such wonderful sons? now that they the one who have the sweet things from wills and harry...

charles and camilla never you will give to diana him by anything.

ulik said:
wow! don't you think charles and camilla should be giving diana credit for raising such wonderful sons? now that they the one who have the sweet things from wills and harry...

Good point...I feel silly saying this but I hadn't thought of that, but it's true...I most definitely agree, even though I doubt it will ever happen...

:D :D :D :D I hope that the boy,s have the caracter of their mother , the late princess diana. The formed them to be good people and to see what is going on in the world.

I tell you about that!

Prince Charles and Princess Diana been raise Prince William and Prince Harry when both was little and pre-teenager and Prince Charles raise his sons when Diana died in 1997

Sara Boyce

Princess Diana has educated its sons such as had! Nobody is perfectly, William and Harry also not but them is Diana commit then! with ordinary people just like princess Diana Some that they have of Charles are hunt and play polo!

dianafan said:
Princess Diana has educated its sons such as had! Nobody is perfectly, William and Harry also not but them is Diana commit then! with ordinary people just like princess Diana Some that they have of Charles are hunt and play polo!

i would agree with you!

Prince Charles learn his 2 boys to hunting and play polo and lots of more! like father and sons

Sara Boyce

I think Prince Charles was a good father, even when Diana was alive. I mean he might not have been as outwardly affectionate as Diana but that certainly doesn't mean that he was less of a parent. I think Diana instilled a sense of normalcy into the boys' lives while Charles had far more in teaching them the ways of the royal family, which is equally important since the boys are royalty and will NEVER be really normal.

There is a picture that I found in a book once and it had three pictures taken in a row. The first is the very familiar shot of Diana with her arms open and the two boys running to hug her. The second she's still hugging one of them but the other is walking past her and you can see Charles in the corner of the picture. In the third Charles is hugging one of the boys wiht his arm open and the other boy is running at him and Diana is watching them with a smile. Its obvious from these three pictures that both parents love their sons very much and their sons love them too. I wish I could find the picture but I've never seen it again except the first one of the boys and Diana hugging.

Federin, I think the picture you saw may have been in one of the photo books by Jayne Fincher. They were in Canada in 1991. I think the Wales were returning to Britannia. I saw a video clip of it. Charles was right behind Diana, I think he stopped to chat to the crew.

He seems really happy lately...like I've never seen him! here are some pics from getty...see how happy he is.

Attachments

• 53307103.jpg
    53307103.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 250
  • 53307702.jpg
    53307702.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 251
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom