Member Experiences Meeting Prince Charles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CJB

City
Plymouth
Country
United Kingdom
An absolute honour.

It's my birthday today, and I had lunch at the Royal William Yard (here in Plymouth), I only found out when I arrived at the restaurant that Prince Charles was visiting the yard for a reception. We saw his motorcade pull in to the area, caught a glimpse of him from a distance and that was that

...BUT

Me and my family spotted a fair few photographers running around the corner, I followed with my camera in hand and sure enough, Charles and his party of invited guests were enjoying the sunshine next to the water...

I innocently strolled up, took a few pictures (I looked so out of place, me in my ripped jeans and inappropriate T shirt, everyone around me in suits and with name lanyards, I knew I wasn't meant to be there but the security didn't seem to notice me), I was literally shoulder to shoulder with the Prince when he turned and said "good afternoon young man, how are you?", to which I replied "very well Sir, it's an honour to meet you"

Then I was quickly grabbed by a security guard and told to leave the area.

I must say, what a pleasant chap he was, an absolute honour.

What a great experience and Happy Birthday to you.

Awww what a great birthday present. Congratulations and Happy Birthday you.

Thank you guys.

Couple of pics for you.

This was just after he'd left his car -
10488234_10204321788227536_8971549404931052227_n.jpg

And this was seconds before I met him -
10533702_10204321787947529_579665323055793640_n.jpg

How lovely!
And congratulations.

Thank you for sharing the anecdote and the photos. Happy birthday!

Congratulations on meeting the Prince, and Happy Birthday to you! Thank you for sharing your photos with us.

What a wonderful birthday experience! Happy Birthday, CJB. :cheers:

Congratulations on your first posts :flowers:

A very nice story.

That really had to be the topping on the birthday cake today for you! It shows me that in reality, Charles is very much an approachable man. Hope the rest of your birthday finds you glowing in happiness!

Prince Charles sounds lovely. If he had known it was your birthday, I bet he would have been even friendlier.;)

Happy Birthday!

Congrats, CJB! Must've been a great bonus birthday gift for you. Many happy returns of the day!

What a great story

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Thank your for sharing your pictures, and story. What a great experience, and on your birthday too :D.

What a great, unexpected birthday surprise for you! Thank you for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom