Laura & Harry Lopes and Family: June 2007-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's rather kind, IMO. Sorry, but I think she has a rather large chin and forehead like her mother. And Tom's looks, well... And does he even own a comb? Yikes. :eek:

Laura is really a "handsome" woman --- very attractive and low maintenance.
I bet that she is very friendly and approachable. Tom's wife Sara - before the baby came - dressed in a really trashy way and did not look like the friendly type.
I saw Tom not too long ago on an American morning show doing a cooking segment. He was preparing a roast chicken "a la Camilla" --- the way that his Mum likes to roast a chicken. Camilla in the kitchen? I don't think so!
Tom seemed like a nice sort of guy, but, again, he always looks like he just rolled out of the bed.

IMO she's a very pretty girl. I didn't even notice her chin until people in this thread pointed it out. I think her eyes are her best feature. :flowers:

Now her brother on the other hand...yikes :eek:. That's a face only a mother could love. :D
As chins go, I have never thought of it as being 'large'. :flowers: As for Tom, there is no doubt who his father is! :flowers:

Laura is really a "handsome" woman --- very attractive and low maintenance.
I bet that she is very friendly and approachable. Tom's wife Sara - before the baby came - dressed in a really trashy way and did not look like the friendly type.
I saw Tom not too long ago on an American morning show doing a cooking segment. He was preparing a roast chicken "a la Camilla" --- the way that his Mum likes to roast a chicken. Camilla in the kitchen? I don't think so!
Tom seemed like a nice sort of guy, but, again, he always looks like he just rolled out of the bed.
When he was speaking on the TV here, he said that when they all meet up for a family meal at Raymill House, his mum still cooks them Sunday Roast.:flowers:

^I can totally picture Camilla roasting a chicken for her intimate family, and maybe even some dearest friends! :D

I agree with Liz that Laura's best feature are her eyes. Though she does really have a fantastic smile too. As for her chin, I think it's a cute chin. LOL

Last edited:
I think there is no doubt who Laura's mother is, but she is definitely not taing after some of her mothers lack-luster traits (to put it kindly)... Tom isn't my type... And I can see Camilla cooking, cleaning and being a family mum/grand mum. I've always seen her as sort of "homely", and if she didn't have the money and status of the royal family behind her, I could see her settled on a farm somewhere... I mean, from what I hear, she's quite the happy homemaker at Highgrove...

I think there is no doubt who Laura's mother is, but she is definitely not taing after some of her mothers lack-luster traits (to put it kindly)... Tom isn't my type... And I can see Camilla cooking, cleaning and being a family mum/grand mum. I've always seen her as sort of "homely", and if she didn't have the money and status of the royal family behind her, I could see her settled on a farm somewhere... I mean, from what I hear, she's quite the happy homemaker at Highgrove...
I quite agree with your opinion of Camilla. She reminds me of the older generation of royal women, please I don't mean that as an insult, and I also think she looks like she would be just as happy "playing in the mud" as she is at a really nice party, probably more in the mud. There is nothing wrong with that and I can see how she would get down and dirty with her kids and grandkids. She actually looks like she doesn't take herself too seriously and could be a lot of fun. At first I didn't think I would like her because of Diana but I think at this point history is history and she seems to make the PoW happy.:flowers:

She reminds me of the older generation of royal women, please I don't mean that as an insult, and I also think she looks like she would be just as happy "playing in the mud" as she is at a really nice party, probably more in the mud. There is nothing wrong with that and I can see how she would get down and dirty with her kids and grandkids. She actually looks like she doesn't take herself too seriously and could be a lot of fun. At first I didn't think I would like her because of Diana but I think at this point history is history and she seems to make the PoW happy.:flowers:
:flowers: Of course it is not seen as an insult but just because she reminds anyone of the older style royals, doesn't mean she is necessarily lack lustre. She is of course a member of the older generation, we wouldn't want the 'mutton dressed as lamb' scenario, (not nice). She is in her 60's and dresses well for her age, IMO. Most people who have met Camilla report she has a wonderful sense of humour and like many of the English, is able to laugh at herself.

Laura seems to have inherited her mothers ability to not take herself too seriously and probably has the same 'I don't mind doing the dirty jobs' mentality. Laura may not win the Miss World competition, but someone who is beautiful to one person will be considered plain or plain ugly to others. :flowers:

Last edited:
I find myself completely gobsmacked by some of the comments about Laura. Before her mother married the PoW she was a homemaker and obviously Laura takes after her. :flowers:

Laura, apart from her stepfamily, is a normal average woman who, on occasion, looks great and on others like something the cat dragged in. That is called real life. Unfortunately, unlike anyone else, photographers take unattractive photo's to publish because of who her mother is and not who she is. :bang:

Laura has never sought the limelight nor courted publicity because of her connections. We could all cut her a little slack because she doen't spend the greater part of her day looking like a fashion model deperately wanting to dump the baby model back on it's mother. :whistling:

Let's all just admire this lovely young woman who is happy, healthy and enjoying life for what it is.

Let's also give ourselves a smack round the head for treating her like a slab of meat or worse still, a possible CP. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I find posts like Marg's offensive. you come on here and insist on beating a dead horse. Where is anyone insulting Laura? For the most part, comments seem to be favorable to her. My comments have been favorable, and I am far from being alone. I think many of us respect and admire Laura. So why do you come on here to yell at us and say we are shallow or something? It's very rude, imho.

I completely agree with you CasiraghiTrio, as I usually do. There was no merit to come here and insult or reprimand anyone, as even the negative comments were tasteful. I have full confidence in our mods that if anyone here went too far in opinions then their comments would be deleted, but the mods seem fine with all of our comments, and as the person that started the superficial discussion of Laura's appearance, I appologize for starting such a meaningless conversation.

. . . . Where is anyone insulting Laura? For the most part, comments seem to be favorable to her.
My apologies CasiraghiTrio and randomlykeira. But for the record, I did not say anyone was insulting Laura. I did infer that the some of the posts were using the same "critical standards" as those used when judging CP's or CP's-inwaiting, and that that was unfair. At no time did I, nor would I, yell.

My apologies CasiraghiTrio and randomlykeira. But for the record, I did not say anyone was insulting Laura. I did infer that the some of the posts were using the same "critical standards" as those used when judging CP's or CP's-inwaiting, and that that was unfair. At no time did I, nor would I, yell.
I have to say I agree with you. She is not a member of the Royal Family and the unkind comments were over the top from some posters, who seem to have chosen to use the daughter as a means to insult the mother..... very sad.

I find Laura delightful! :flowers:

It's cool MARG, I think it was just a misunderstanding...:flowers:

Well actually, I was becoming uncomfortable with the direction the thread was heading and I quite understand where Marg was coming from. We have seen it in the Beatrice threads, the Sarah Ferguson threads, and to a degree in the Kate Middleton threads. Worst though were the gratuitous insults flung Beatrice's way, and all mostly based on her appearance, ie her clothes and weight. The degree of judgement and condemnation based on the superficial was not only surprising but worrying because of the bitchy tone and the degree of enjoyment some members were obviously having at Beatrice's expense. Not quite the feeding frenzy, but along those lines.

Some discussions take on a tone, and when the tone turns to the gleefully negative, as it has elsewhere, it is cause for concern. This thread hadn't reached that stage, but it was apparent to me, and evidently to some others, that the discussion was becoming too closely focussed on physical looks and appearance.

Warren

Quite right, Warren. That said, whilst Laura comes across as a lovely girl, she could improve the way she dresses - she always looks pregnant to me!!!

^^ I think after all the celebrities loosing their baby weight in the course of a week (a la Kidman), we've forgotten that some people hold baby weight longer than two months! Laura had Eliza in, what, January? She's actually a normal woman for that! I actually commend her for being a better mother than having a better figure. But she probably does need a few fashion classes (and NOT from Sara!)

Laura's skirt :yuk::headache: dear me ! And there are honestly people who considered Camilla bad dressed ?

Laura has recycled that special dress she wore in June :D Together
with her husband Harry she went to the wedding of Lady Rosanagh Viola
Alexandra Innes-Kerr to Viscount Grimston, Kelso Parish Church, Scotland,
Britain, on Saturday, 26 Jul 2008 -----> Pic

Duchess of Cornwall and a new Sheriff in charge

The Prince of Wales, whose lavish 60th birthday celebrations finally drew to a close last night, is not the only member of his extended family with something to cheer.

Mandrake learns that Prince Charles's stepdaughter, Laura Parker Bowles, has been told that her mother-in-law is to become a High Sheriff. Sarah Lopes, whose son, Harry, 31, married the Duchess of Cornwall's daughter two years ago, will be the unpaid enforcer of the Queen's writ in Devon, where her husband, George Lopes, has his family seat, Gnaton Hall.
"Camilla is delighted," says a friend of the Duchess. "She knew Sarah and George a long time before their son married Laura."
Laura, 30, who gave birth to a daughter, Eliza, in January, manages Eleven, the fashionable art gallery in Belgravia. Her husband, an Old Etonian former underwear model, is a City accountant who stands to inherit Gnaton Hall, near Plymouth, as well as the 3,000-acre Skelpick estate in the Highlands.
Source: Mandrake, 15 November 2008
Duchess of Cornwall and a new Sheriff in charge - Telegraph

Re: Any information about the christening of Eliza Lopes.

Hiya Everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone knows any information about the christening of Eliza Lopes?

Cheers and Thank you.

Last edited:
Pic 31.3.2009

Natasha Law, Laura Parker Bowles and Daisy de Villeneuve attend
the private view of 'No Love Lost' an exhibition by Daisy de Villeneuve
and Natasha Law, at the Eleven Gallery on March 31, 2009 in London,
England.

-------> Pic

Thank you.
I think Laura looks alot like Sara in someways.
x

Thats very exciting news! Congratualtions to Laura and Harry! And to the grandparents!

Fantastic news, I am sure Camilla is very happy for the upcoming addition to the family.
Congratulations to Harry and Laura, as well as all the grandparents-to-be.

I am so happy at the news.. I am a twin myself ! I hope there is a least a boy among them !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom