King Charles and Queen Camilla

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they should the law and allow Camilla to be princess consort and not queen .

With all due respect NextStar...I don't think it matters what you think.

The fact is with all that is going on in the world and in Britain...changing the law that would recognize Camilla as Princess Consort and not Queen is not a priority. And Camilla's reputation has nothing to do with anything. The fact is she is the wife of the Prince of Wales and when he becomes King she will become Queen whether she uses the title or not.

As an addition to QueenEna's reply, regardless what people from other countries want, British people (most of) actually want Camilla to be their Queen, as Sam's reply demostrated. And I must say I join in that sentiment, though I am Armenian.
The Duchess of Cornwall showed she's a wonderful asset to the British Royal Family and an able Princess of Wales, so there's no problem for her not to be Queen.
Plus, as various member stated, depriving Camilla of her rightful title would require law change not only in the UK but also in the Countries of Commonwealth. And I don't see that possible or probable.

It seems that Camilla is more accepted now than she was years ago. No matter what people think, she will be Queen & as QueenEna said she will be Queen even if she uses the title. I think she & Charles work well together & I think people see that. Just my two cents on the matter.

Britain has more important things to worry about than whether Camilla is Queen or Princess Consort. A King is married to a Queen. Charles will be King and Camilla will be Queen. The Princess Consort yarn was to soften the blow to the Diana loons but it soon became evident that once a loon always a loon. To change 1000 years of tradition because Camilla isn't young and leggy really is too ghastly for words and if ever a bill was introduced to change Camilla's title, I imagine it'd be laughed out of Parliament as a total waste of time.

Eh Sam, what has it got to do with Belgium?

You worked it out in the end I'm pleased to see. :lol:

I disagree with Queen Ena about Camilla being Queen and that not will change. And I agree with Beatrix Fan that there is more important things that they will have to worry about when it comes to government.Forget I feel but that really matters is that the british will have to accept her as their Queen .

It isn't really about the British accepting her as our Queen at all. We don't get consulted on it. We just get what we're given.

BeatrixFan said:
It isn't really about the British accepting her as our Queen at all. We don't get consulted on it. We just get what we're given.
That's the way of the monarchy - you get what you're given. Some times you're lucky, and other times you aren't. ;)

The British Monarchy has survived a heck of a lot worse than Camilla. She does her job, makes Charles happy and that's all we can ask for.

If Parliament really wants to spend its time productively on laws dealing with the royal family, I think that altering the succession so that females can inherit if they happen to be older than their brothers and so that royals can marry Catholics without giving up their places in the line of succession would have a far higher priority than some nonsense about making a law to allow Camilla to avoid her responsibility to be Queen Consort.

As they said when the notion of morganatic marriage was suggested for Edward VIII, it would be a pretty bloody stupid-looking law. "Whereas the wife of the king is Queen, and whereas the wife of the current king is unfit to be Queen...." I mean, honestly. Such raving idiocy. Being married to the King is all it takes to make a person fit to be Queen, especially considering some of the Queens we've had to put up with in the past.

Well said Elspeth. If the Royal Family allow Parliament to change it's ways now just to please people living in the past, what's to say Parliament won't change the Monarchy in the future without being asked to by the RF? It's a slippery slope when you start bending to the press.

Rather the british like or not Camilla will be queen someday. That will be the out turn.She married their heir-apparent and there is nothing they can do about some people have accepted her as a member of the british royal family while wish she never married Prince Charles.

But you see it isn't for us to decide who Charles married. Your post suggests that the British should be consulted before the Royal Family make any move and that just won't and can't happen. Camilla does the job she's paid to do and she does it well. She looks good on the magazines and she makes Charles more acceptable because he's happier with her than without her. When the time comes, she'll let the coronation etc be Charles's day and it'll be very much about King Charles not about Queen Camilla.

Next Star you are going back and forth with what your saying. First you say they should have a law to make Camilla the Princess Consort and not the Queen. Now your saying that the British people will have to deal with it that she will be Queen. Your not making any sense.

First Of all I know the british people can not tell Prince Charles who he can marry or not mary that is his choice and not mine or anyone elses. And second I cant do anything about her begining named Princess Consort tho I would like to the law is that when a heir-apparent inherits the throne he will be crowned King so that means Camilla will be Queen rather I like or not.

Next Star said:
I think Camilla should not be queen but princess consort they need to change the law her reputation is not good. That is why I think she should be the princess consort and not queen. Many people think that the british monarchy will not last by her presence and her being in the royal family meaning that someday the monarchy such might be abolished. Which would be sad.

I, like many people want Camilla to be Queen when Charles becomes King. Who are these 'many people' you talk about?

I am also very happy that Charles has finally married the woman he loves and who loves him!

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
Who are these 'many people' you talk about?

Ahhhhh...... the ubiquitous 'they'! :wacko: :bang:

Skydragon said:
I am also very happy that Charles has finally married the woman he loves and who loves him!
Amen! :bounce: :clap: :bounce:

Me too. I am happy that Prince Charles married for love this time and he seemed to have found his peace and contentment in Camilla. I want King Charles because he can contribute more to the monarchy and the society and I would like to have a Queen Camilla to stand beside her husband to support him and encourage him.

I'm intrigued to find out who the "many people" are as well next star?

Charles married Camilla with the approval of The Queen and The Prime Minister, not to mention the support of Princes William and Harry. It would be ridiculous if she did not become Queen when Charles ascends the throne.

If she's good enough to be a Royal Highness and Princess of Wales, then she's good enough to be Queen Consort.

There are british people do not support him not being with Camilla ,while they are others who do support their marrige it is 50/50. That is nice that he found someone he truly loves but no matter what there will always be a scandal other both of their hands and even tho Prince William and Prince Harry supports their father and his marriage to Camilla the british will still divide. and some people still want her to be Princess Consort while others want her to be Queen. Yes she is officially The Princess Of Wales meaning she will be Queen and I know that.

Next Star said:
There are british people do not support him not being with Camilla ,while they are others who do support their marrige it is 50/50.

Well you can say that it is 50/50, but where did you read this, is there some source for this? It can as well be 80/20 or 20/80. Most British people I know really like Camilla for the fact she makes Charles happy again and I think that's all that matters. And next to that, the rules are just as they are so even if almost 100% of British population was against Camilla being Queen I don't think they would be consulted in this case.

I think we're going round in circles here, to be honest. I liked the start of this thread a whole lot better... :ermm:

That is nice that Prince Charles is happy being with Camilla but their will always be a issue on what title she will hold Queen Or Princess Consort when he is crowned King and it is true the percentage can differ from time to time but that is fact that will not change.

There is no issue. Camilla is the wife of the future King and when Prince Charles becomes King, she will automatically be Queen. She can't be deprived of the title unless the Parlament (of the UK and Countries of Commonwealth) changes the law. And that is most unlikely. Or better say impossible.

I know that the law has to be changed thanks for remainig me again Avalon but I disagree with you things change everyday and if the goverment chooses to change the law then that will happen.But until then Camilla will be The Future Queen.

You seem to be repeating your point as if it somehow alters things. Things change everyday but the Government won't change thousands of years of tradition for a woman who in all honesty will probably only be Queen for 10-20 years to appease fans of a dead ex. The Government has better things to do.

Avalon said:
There is no issue.
Thank you, Avalon. That was just my point. So can we now please get on to something which gives us another new interesting point of view about what will happen when Charles becomes king? If they'll change the law we will see it by then. There's no point in repeating this over and over again, is there? :sad:

Next Star said:
I know that the law has to be changed thanks for remainig me again Avalon but I disagree with you things change everyday and if the goverment chooses to change the law then that will happen.But until then Camilla will be The Future Queen.

I think that is the point everyone is making. So I am not sure what your argument is. When Charles becomes King, Camilla will be Queen. Now whether she calls herself that or not is something else. But that time hasn't come. In regards to the law, it has been acknowledged that to officially call her Princess Consort, legislation needs to be passed. That legislation hasn't been submitted. Nor is it likely to.

We truly don't know how long l Camilla will be Queen or if the government will change the law. And that's that.

There isn't an issue. Camilla will be Queen. There is no plan in the works to make a law to change her title to Princess Consort (when Charles is King)? Next you'll be saying she will be the Crown Queen (from the Princess Diaries 2 movie).

Next Star said:
That is nice that Prince Charles is happy being with Camilla but their will always be a issue on what title she will hold Queen Or Princess Consort when he is crowned King and it is true the percentage can differ from time to time but that is fact that will not change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom