Is Camilla a Catholic?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The reasons I brought up "The Troubles" is because for many years, I followed a band that hailed from Belfast. They decided they'd much rather form a band and play music than get involved in the mess and emigrated to the US. They were a mixture of Catholic and Protestant. Much is made of the "Troubles" but there are also those that saw it for what it was and decided to do something else.

I'll raise a glass of Guinness to you, Irish Royalist and wish you a joyful holiday season also. :cheers:

I've tried my best to stay off this thread - I live in Northern Ireland, and have seen and heard far too much about the supposed differences between Protestants and Catholics, during the troubles as highlighted by Osipi.

However I thought I'd share a nice Christmas story with you, which highlights that perhaps we're not so different after all - Merry Christmas to you all, and thanks for all the fun and information on here!

Church of Ireland opens doors to Catholic neighbours - BBC News

While this is a very heartening occasion to see both sides of the Christian spectrum come together, unfortunately this event is taking place in the Republic of Ireland where there always has been good relations over the difficult years and this is not located across the current “soft border” in Northern Ireland where this story would carry more pertinence and relevance to the “troubles”. Thankfully in recent years the presence of ministers of the Northern Ireland devolved government at church services and funerals in different denominational churches within the north has usually been reported as a sign of progress relevant to the history of the divided island.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...obinson-ill-go-to-catholic-mass-28591142.html

Happy Christmas!

Our Anglican church and Roman Catholic church are separated by one house. Initially after the Sep 2010 earthquake our church was inspected and deemed safe but our RC neighbours were not so lucky so we offered them our hall. The services ran simultaneously and a cuppa was shared in the lounge. The Feb 2011 took our church out too so our services in the hall became consecutive with a shared cuppa between. It was the natural progression from our shared ANZAC service and Good Friday services.

You have all forgotten that the new act of succession 2013, as well as allowing females to retain their place in the succession also permitted catholics. Just thought I would mention it.

You have all forgotten that the new act of succession 2013, as well as allowing females to retain their place in the succession also permitted catholics. Just thought I would mention it.

It wouldn’t matter so much now, but what Camilla’s religion was certainly did when Charles and Camilla married in 2005.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom