General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Charles_zpsaf762de3.png
Camilla_zps5975f0c8.png

Arms of TRH The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall

Welcome to The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall's
General News Thread, Part One

Commencing July 27, 2012

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange article ....
I'm pro C&C all the way but i doubt that the Queen "always loved Camilla".

Perhaps the author wanted to suggest that the Queen was probably always fond of Camilla

I don't think the Queen 'loved' Camilla or was 'fond of her' as, for many years she refused to receive her due to her (HM's) religious beliefs about adultery.

Charles and Camilla Current Events 24: January 2015-

I've read that she didn't like her either. They was so much chatter before the wedding if the queen would accept her at all. The queen is a devout Christian and it must of been hard for her

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I guess that if the Queen accepte Diana and all what came with her, she has now fully accepted Camilla. I think it must have been a long process but now, seeing the asset Camilla has proven to be she must be finally accepted, or at least tolerated by the Queen... This is my take, of course

Book reveals;how Charles met Camilla;

An unofficial biography of the Prince of Wales claims to shed new light on how the heir to the throne first met his wife

The story that has been repeated for many years has Camilla jokingly telling Charles about the well-known affair between their ancestors, Alice Keppel and Edward VII.

The Duchess is supposed to have told the Prince: 'My great-grandmother was your great-great-grandfather's mistress, so how about it?'

But Catherine Mayer recounts in her book, Charles: The Heart Of A King, how Lucia Santa Cruz, said to be the Prince's first love, introduced him to her friend Camilla in the early 1970s, the Daily Telegraph reports.

It is said the prominent Chilean, who is the daughter of a former Chilean ambassador to the UK, dated Charles during his student days at Cambridge University.

The pair remained friends and in 1971 she brought the Prince and Camilla together because she thought they would be a good match and, referring to their ancestors' affair, said: 'Now you two watch your genes'.

Before Diana and Camilla, who were the other girlfriends Charles?

That looks like it's going to be an interesting interview. I'm looking forward to it, as well as their upcoming US visit.

Oh great, me too! Isn't life fulfilling when Charles comes up with a new interview and all these lovely things to say? :flowers:

London riots: Prince Charles cares much more than Cameron, Miliband and Clegg says mayoral hopeful - UK Politics - UK - The Independent
Prince Charles cares a lot more about the continued impact of the 2011 riots than the leaders of the three main parties, an MP hoping to become London mayor has said.

David Lammy, the Labour MP for Tottenham, said David Cameron, Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg were keen to be seen responding to the unrest that gripped the streets of London three and a half years ago but none of them had returned to the area since their first visit in the summer of 2011.

I'm of the mind to think that should his calendar allow, Charles and Camilla would attend the state banquet. As a future king, he's got to show diplomacy when it comes to these things and leave the personal feelings at home. He's shown recently that he's been able to put the past behind him and work towards peace and I'd like to see him do that with the Chinese.

If by chance, they don't attend the state banquet, it will most likely be because of previous commitments. We'll have to wait and see. This state occasion would be an excellent time for William to be a part of it in reciprocation of the hospitality shown him when he visited China recently.

Does Charles have a general information thread?

Wellington: Prince Charles has been appointed Admiral of the Fleet of the Royal New Zealand Navy, Field Marshal of the Army and Marshal of the Air Force.

The honorary appointments have been approved by Queen Elizabeth, NZ Prime Minister John Key announced on Monday.

The Defence Force will formally recognise the appointments when Prince Charles visits New Zealand in November.
Read more: Prince Charles made honorary head of NZ Defence

I think Prince Philip held this position, previously.

I think Prince Philip held this position, previously.

Indeed, before now Philip was the only person to ever hold any of those ranks in New Zealand, which doesn't ordinarily use the ranks above vice admiral, lieutenant general, and air marshal. I think New Zealand might be unique in having two field marshals, etc. even though it doesn't have a single full admiral, full general, or air chief marshal.

Last edited:
Anyone from NZ have an opinion. Is there any fuss being made about these appointments?

Charles is a Vice-Admiral in the Royal Canadian Navy, Lieutenant-General in the Canadian Army and a Lieutenant-General in the Royal Canadian Air Force.

Earlier this year he was made Commodore-in-Chief Fleet Atlantic of the Royal Canadian Navy.

Wills and Harry have made the royal family relevant again, but empty honours for their father can only aid the republican cause.
Read more: Editorial: Charles' titles a big step backwards - National - NZ Herald News

Last edited:
I'm not a Kiwi, but as an outsider this move shows:
1. The trending transition of roles to Charles, throughout the Commonwealth
2. Incentive for the RF to keep upping the visits to NZ. The republicans may not be thrilled, but this has to have had an overall positive impact on tourism and international commerce. Keep on sending those cute young royal grand and great grandchildren on down for the international publicity.
3. Another way to let the royals be more cost effective in their coverage of the Commonwealth. It's a lot of ground to cover, and the family knows it needs to be covered. Bundling tours results in less jet lag, more energy, overall less costs when visits are made.
JMO.

I think its a good thing but I'm not from New Zealand. In addition to the above military appointments Charles is also Colonel-in-Chief of 8 Canadian regiments.

He also has the Prince's Charities Canada.

:previous: It is a complete honorific with no powers granted. The rules about Charles not being militarily political apply here as well. It just means a few more photo ops and maybe some morale boosting for the troops that care.

Prince Charles has donated a "significant" sum of money "out of the blue" to help restore a railway carriage wrecked by vandals in Scotland.

The prince has come to the aid of volunteers restoring the historic railway once used by the Royal Family on trips to Balmoral.

The line was in use from 1853 until 1966 and the Royal Deeside Railway Preservation Society is aiming to restore it between Ballater and Crathes, a distance of about 27 miles.

The prince, known as the Duke of Rothesay in Scotland, is understood to have read about the destruction of the group's newly purchased British Rail coach at West Lodge Yard, near Milton of Crathes.
Read more: Prince Charles comes to rescue of vandalised train carriage he used as boy to Balmoral - Telegraph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom