General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles has grown on me a lot over the time I've been following the BRF. I think; whatever we all think of him, we can't deny the fact that he's dedicated to his role as future king and a loving father and grandfather. He seems to have a sensitive nature which has gone in his favour with his attitude towards the public. He really cares about the issues he campaigns for and people he meets on his engagements.

Charles has grown on me a lot over the time I've been following the BRF. I think; whatever we all think of him, we can't deny the fact that he's dedicated to his role as future king and a loving father and grandfather. He seems to have a sensitive nature which has gone in his favour with his attitude towards the public. He really cares about the issues he campaigns for and people he meets on his engagements.

I’ve always been a fan ...I’m glad that many people seem to have come around on him. Some never will, but even for ordinary people some just won’t ever like you.

I don't think there's much "public" to go out into right now. Everyone is pretty much restricted to their homes still. :D

So is Charles still quarantined? Or is he well enough he can go back out in public now?

The UK has told everyone over 70 to stay indoors and isolate, with or without the virus.

Charles is thus lockeddown as per government instructions and will be for the 12 weeks that the government initially set or until the government lift that instructions. It is why the Queen and Philip are together are Windsor.

What he can now do is speak, in person, to any staff but not yet to Camilla as she is still in the 14 day isolation period due to being his wife.

He can go for a walk of course but he isn't to come into contact with anyone outside his current household - so no contact with other family members, let alone the general public.

So is Charles still quarantined? Or is he well enough he can go back out in public now?

The UK is on lockdown, nobody should be going out unless a key worker , or to buy food, or some exercise. There should be no physical contact other than with people within your household, family members who stay at a different address should not be coming in to your home.

There are no royal visits anywhere at the moment.

:previous: Charles showed how little that put a crimp in his duties as he opened NHS Nightingale via Skype or some such. To be honest, I thought the distance and the remote action allowed him to be more relaxed and reflective than he usually is at such events.

Good news! I’m glad Charles and Camilla can be together again; this isolation is worse when you re alone

Together for their 15th wedding anniversary !
Good to hear.

Together for their 15th wedding anniversary !
Good to hear.

Speaking of........

I'm so happy for Charles - both of them. Camilla is a remarkable woman - I really adore her. His mummy got past her dislike/distaste for her, and now I believe they have a great relationship. It's a real love story.

Marrying Camilla was non-negotiable for Charles,” says Penny. “The Queen really wanted him to say goodbye to her, and he refused. This man, who has duty written through him, did not obey his mother on this occasion.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-camilla-parker-bowles-went-21813527

But don't Bluebell and Beth look so relaxed and nonchalantly regal. They know they are an important part of the family.

I just realized that Charles and Camilla have a dog named after Queen Elizabeth:ROFLMAO:
Both dogs are rescues, so they might have been named by someone else, but it’s funny. I can just imagine Charles running out in the garden shouting ‘Beth stop eating my petunias!’. No mama, I’m not talking to you.
The Cambridges should have named their dog Chaz and the Queen should have a corgi named Milla:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I just realized that Charles and Camilla have a dog named after Queen Elizabeth:ROFLMAO:
Both dogs are rescues, so they might have been named by someone else, but it’s funny. I can just imagine Charles running out in the garden shouting ‘Beth stop eating my petunias!’. No mama, I’m not talking to you.
The Cambridges should have named their dog Chaz and the Queen should have a corgi named Milla:ROFLMAO:

I understand Beth is a nickname for Elizabeth, but I don’t think it’s ever been used in relation to Her Majesty has it?

I don't think, from what we know of, HM has ever been a Beth. She seems to be Lilibet to the family and sometimes Liz to the tabloid press.

Guys, I’m joking (hence using ? twice)!
I don’t really think Camilla named her dog after her mother-in-law:eek:.

It's lovely to see them reunited, and I am delighted to see Camilla in jeans !!!!!

Prince Charles and Camilla are a perfect picture of good health for their wedding anniversary.
May the country's heir enjoy the country air.

I LOVE the dogs and the exterior location.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feeling a bit emotional today as i remember vividly 15 years ago this then highly controversial wedding and the sometimes quite heated discussions about it on this very same forum. We can all agree that it was far to be smooth sailing, to say the least.

At the end, 15 years later, we can now conclude that Charles 's determination to marry Camilla was for the best, as she has proven herself to be an extraordinary and quite unexpected asset for the BRF.

She was not given free pass, it was hard, sometimes frankly outrageous, but then she calmly and firmly carried out her duties. Without fuss, without complaints, she gained respect and acceptance from the vast majority of the Public, and it was not an easy task.
So well done M'am, and yes, indeed, congrats to C&C.

^^^^^ Congratulations to Charles and Camilla. I too remember the kerfuffle before the wedding but Charles had chosen well and Camilla acted with patience and grace with a good handful of good old-fashioned pragmatism.

Together they have weathered the storm and Camilla, initially reticent and not wanting to rock the boat, has instead become a driving force for today. She is gracious and kind, and nothing makes me smile at both her and their engagements when people bring their dogs to meet her. You know you've cracked it when you meet their dogs.

Both she and Charles are shining examples of the age, not to be confused with their age. They are interested in just about everything and laugh often sharing the sublime and the ridiculous with people anywhere.

They are adventurous in trying food at country fairs and while Camilla supports Charles in all his charitable endeavours, her chosen projects have been more personal (osteoporosis) and more real and gritty. The support of rape victims in a practical and caring way that means you understand.

I love this couple and find it amazing just what they have become and what they have accomplished. All with a camera shoved in their face.

Happy Anniversary C&C.[emoji177]

I really admire Charles for digging in his heels and refusing to give up on the woman he loved - it must have been difficult, especially since it undoubtedly made his relationship with his parents that much more difficult. Their love has proven itself - both he and Camilla made it through some storms that would have torn other couples apart. 15 years is an amazing accomplishment and I’m so happy for both of them.

I can't believe it's been 15 years since they married! I remember the day very well - an extraordinary day and here we are so many years later. I do congratulate them very much on their Wedding Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom