General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles met Prince Albert of Monaco on March 10th, so yes he was in contact with a confirmed case.
There's a "special treatment" for heads of States, MP's and their families anyway. Sounds unfair for the average Joe but it's done for the sake of the State continuity ...

Completely I also can understand the frustration especially those medical staff who are also being denied tests. There are people very very sick being denied and then we have someone highly privileged being handed a test. No doubt this will create a great dialogue and rightfully so. This whole situation has reminded people of their status more than ever.

Somehow, I am not surprised, considering Prince Charles's recent contact with Prince Albert, and then the sudden retreat up to Scotland. I only hope that Prince Charles and Camilla have been isolated from each other, and that what now appears to be a "mild" case, does not become less mild as time goes on. Unfortunately, "mild" for COVID-19 does not necessarily mean that it's barely noticeable, or that it cannot turn dangerous very quickly, usually somewhere around day 10-14.

Completely I also can understand the frustration especially those medical staff who are also being denied tests. There are people very very sick being denied and then we have someone highly privileged being handed a test. No doubt this will create a great dialogue and rightfully so. This whole situation has reminded people of their status more than ever.

But have other individuals in Aberdeen who have had contact with a confirmed case been denied? The statement made a point of saying that the couple met the criteria.

I just heard that the Prince of Wales has tested positive for the Coronavirus and I hope he will recover well.

But have other individuals in Aberdeen who have had contact with a confirmed case been denied? The statement made a point of saying that the couple met the criteria.

He is the Prince of Wales. Of course he made the criteria. As for if anyone has been denied in Aberdeen? Not a clue but I wouldn't be shocked to learn they have. People are being denied all over the world because the testing is limited.

That said, he is 70+ and came into contact with someone who was positive. This is not a knock on Charles. Yes this man would be immediately tested. I don't think anyone is naive enough to think otherwise, but also the number of wealthy being tested while the common folk especially those on the front lines are being denied is a conversation worth having.

Charles met Prince Albert of Monaco on March 10th, so yes he was in contact with a confirmed case.

There's a "special treatment" for heads of States, MP's and their families anyway. Sounds unfair for the average Joe but it's done for the sake of the State continuity ...

Hope he gets well soon.

It’s sensible to make testing people in the government a priority.

They not wanting to further discuss the The Queen is mildly unsettling. I wish Charles a very speedy recovery but I know this has to be nerve wreaking for all.

I also wonder now if William and Harry have been tested because no doubt they was also in contract with their father if they saying around March 13.

Why would they have been in contact around March 13?

I wouldn't be surprised if the last time they saw each other was at the Commonwealth Service; unless Harry met both of them together later in the week as well.

From ITV

Statement from Scotland’s Chief Medical Dr Catherine Calderwood: “Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay [Charles and Camilla’s titles in Scotland] were tested for Covid-19 for clinical reasons.”
She also confirms that both remain in good health.

Prince Charles has always taken excellent care of himself and I hope his lifelong dedication to treating his body like a temple pays dividends for him now.

Get well soon, Your Royal Highness!

I hope he and Camilla are keeping their distance. She might not do as well since she has been a smoker. I hope Prince Charles continues to have mild symptoms.

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery for Prince Charles.

Best wishes to His Royal Highness for a full and speedy recovery.

I wouldn't be surprised if the last time they saw each other was at the Commonwealth Service; unless Harry met both of them together later in the week as well.

There was an article stating that Harry and Charles has met several times while Harry was in the UK...

He is the Prince of Wales. Of course he made the criteria.

If he was tested because he is the Prince of Wales, then in my view the Palace would be misleading in stating that he "met the criteria", given that no official policy issued from the NHS would explicitly express that as a criterion.

That said, he is 70+ and came into contact with someone who was positive. This is not a knock on Charles. Yes this man would be immediately tested. I don't think anyone is naive enough to think otherwise, but also the number of wealthy being tested while the common folk especially those on the front lines are being denied is a conversation worth having.

Of course. However, as I understand it, the conversation above was about whether, in this specific case, the official statement was being truthful or misleading in stating that the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall met the testing criteria of the NHS in Aberdeenshire. If all 70+-year-olds in Aberdeenshire who have come in contact with a confirmed case are receiving testing, the statement would be fair to make.

It was Harry final week in the UK. I honestly would be surprised if Charles hadn't interacted with his sons after the 9th especially as we had reports implying just that. Besides they don't even know when and where he got it. They saying the 13th is the likely time but we don't really know. The press already questioning that date. So since in a short window he did interact with his entire immediate family, nevermind all of them interacting with the public -- yes I am sure they have all been tested.

If he was tested because he is the Prince of Wales, then in my view the Palace would be misleading in stating that he "met the criteria", given that no official policy issued from the NHS would explicitly express that as a criterion.

Yet they won't explains what that "criteria" is per some of the royal reporters who said they flat out asked. I was just watching Russell Meyers from The Mirror and he said that people have lots of questions and the palace basically not answering. Of course his status played a huge role in it. If 10 people met the same "criteria" and 9 of them had worse symptoms than Charles.... he would still get the test first. Just facts.

Last edited:
You can bet that the Cambridges were tested as well and William briefed about a possible change in the order of succession, "just in case".
Seems ghoulish as Hell but that's how it works.

Let's keep this simple - anyone that Charles has had face to face contact with in the last couple of weeks will be tested or at least be advised to self-isolate if they are not already doing so. Since Charles is still very much alive, briefing anyone on changes relating to the succession seems a little premature.

Let's keep this simple - anyone that Charles has had face to face contact with in the last couple of weeks will be tested or at least be advised to self-isolate if they are not already doing so. Since Charles is still very much alive, briefing anyone on changes relating to the succession seems a little premature.

A lot premature....and I doubt anyone in his family is thinking that way.

Hope Charles is okay. I wondered if he would come down with it after we saw photos of him across the table from Albert of Monaco a couple weeks ago.

However, the article said he last saw the Queen on March 12 and began experiencing symptoms around March 22. His doctor says the conservative estimate is that he became contagious 24 hours after seeing the Queen, but the coronavirus can be in your body 5-14 days before you experience symptoms. So I'm not sure about that doctor's estimate...is it just to allay people's fears? It seems possible the Queen could have caught it, though I certainly hope she hasn't.

A lot premature....and I doubt anyone in his family is thinking that way.

Not in the family but the courtiers for sure ...
Anticipating is the key, and , as i said, "just in case".
But the POW has a strong health so i'm positive everything will be fine.

Last edited:
I just heard this on CNN.

Sending my best wishes to His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales, and his family.

You can bet that the Cambridges were tested as well and William briefed about a possible change in the order of succession, "just in case".
Seems ghoulish as Hell but that's how it works.

I am sure William is very well aware that if Charles is to pass away before the queen that he will be her successor.

And in any event, the first two heirs to the throne are adults who have been prepared to ascend the throne in due course, so even in the event of a tragedy it is unlikely that Parliament would find it necessary to make changes.

Yet they won't explains what that "criteria" is per some of the royal reporters who said they flat out asked. I was just watching Russell Meyers from The Mirror and he said that people have lots of questions and the palace basically not answering. Of course his status played a huge role in it. If 10 people met the same "criteria" and 9 of them had worse symptoms than Charles.... he would still get the test first. Just facts.

It is possible I misinterpreted your remarks; I interpreted your discussion as responding to the statement from the palace that "they met the criteria required for testing" (the Palace did not make a claim regarding the order in which tested patients were given their tests).

If there’s a debate, it’s because those who say it’s only as serious as the regular flu are willfully blind, and in the case of Americans, stupid - these people think there’s a government conspiracy to restrict their freedoms. There is no real debate because reasonable people understand how serious this new strain is- because it IS new, and there’s no vaccine for it.

Plenty of young people are getting sick ...in my home state of NY, 54% of those infected are between 18 and 49.

I’ll be blunt - I’m tired of people (not here) whining that Charles shouldn’t have gotten the test because he’s got mike symptoms and he’s privileged. He’s 71 years old - this is very serious.

I just heard the news...my first reaction was “oh no!!!!”. I can’t believe it. Charles is healthy otherwise and I’m sure he’ll be ok, but this is scary as hell. Any talks of rifts in the BRF seem so silly now.

We do not know what underlying conditions, if any, Charles has. He has had swollen red extremities for a long time now and that could be a result of a serious condition. He is also over 70 so in a high risk group.

Camilla has been a serious smoker so presumably has some lung issues. It could be devastating for her to get it as well.

Well, like the Prince de Monaco, also the Prince of Wales is feeling fine. We may be sure they are followed closely by a medical team. And both were immediately in the picture after the first presume of an infection. We can not say that for more than 90% of the infected. Right now you or me can be infected without symptoms and being a carrier of the virus without ourselves even being aware.

Wishing both princes speedy recovery. And they will. No doubt.

Last edited:
There are still a few idiots trying to flout the rules about only going out to buy essential items, to exercise once a day, or for essential work that can't be done from home. Things happen for a reason sometimes - maybe hearing that the future King has contracted the virus will make them realise that no-one is immune from this.

We do not know what underlying conditions, if any, Charles has. He has had swollen red extremities for a long time now and that could be a result of a serious condition. He is also over 70 so in a high risk group.

Camilla has been a serious smoker so presumably has some lung issues. It could be devastating for her to get it as well.

He has? I didn't know that ......but I just read an article and I think it's probably true; it's likely due to fluids having built up during a long flight (this was in November, when he went to India) without moving around. Generally speaking, he's in good health, and he eats well.

Did Camilla quit? If so, and she hasn't had any issues, then she's probably ok - as ok as she can be, I guess.

Regardless, just the fact that Charles is over 70 is enough to make it an extremely serious case. I can't imagine what William and Harry are going through.

Last edited:
There are still a few idiots trying to flout the rules

maybe hearing that the future King has contracted the virus will make them realise that no-one is immune from this.

I hope so. There really is no excuse for irresponsible behaviour that can potentially harm themselves or others.

I must admit I had quite a shock hearing this news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom