The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2017, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
PRINCE Charles is to host a lavish party for 300 guests to celebrate wife Camilla’s 70th birthday.

Camilla to celebrate 70th birthday at lavish party planned by Prince Charles | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
That paper lies more than the DF, and I don't trust any of the Tominey/Dampier sources.

Quote:
Once dubbed the “most hated woman in Britain” for her part in breaking up Charles’s first marriage, Camilla is now one of the most popular royals and is very much a “Queen in waiting”.
This is simply not true. I admire Camilla and thinks she deserves to be popular, but the thing is that she's not.

Old 07-02-2017, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The only thing that could be taken as gospel truth is the fact that Camilla is turning 70 this year and that Charles would do something to celebrate that.

One thing we do know is that whatever celebration happens, it won't be a surprise party. Charles has hosted a party for the major birthdays in the past so it would stand to reason that he'd do something for the 70th also. He isn't going to be running to the press with the guest list but it wouldn't be hard for the ever imaginative press to dream up who would be on it.

It is summer time and the rule of thumb is that its also the silly season where the royals wind down for their summer breaks and there's not much in the way of real information for the royal reporters to earn their paychecks on so they resort to taking a crumb of bread and making a three tiered cake out of it.

Old 07-02-2017, 01:45 PM
Nobility

^^ Or is it more like the reporters take a 'crumb of bread and make it into an inedible mud pie'? :-)
Next they'll have the stories about who snubbed and didn't attend the party. There really just seems to be one nonsense story after another, almost like there is no longer any care about the quality of work, just keep pushing the rubbish out and see what the minions believe.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

The only people you can trust when it comes to the royals is the serious commentators/experts that consists of historians and former royal staffers who are not affiliated with the media.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Maybe I'm not so informed on things as I thought I was. I don't go reading about any royals anywhere else but here and 95% of the time, I ignore the links and the videos. I just find it more pleasant to discuss things here and leave the media to doing what it does or doesn't do to other interested parties.

So I have a good source of information and discussion here in these threads and I have a wonderful supplier to feed my book addiction and to this old lady, that's the perfect balance.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles will host a 300 guests birthday party for Camilla at Highrove.
The Cambridges and Prince Harry will be there ...

Camilla to celebrate 70th birthday at lavish party planned by Prince Charles | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Old 07-15-2017, 08:35 PM
Majesty

Telegraph article on Camilla's birthday party.

William, Catherine and Harry attended

Highgrove party for a Duchess now firmly in people's hearts as 250 attend Camilla's 70th birthday*

(I hope you can read this but it is a subscription paper)

EDIT: This is from the Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...s-do-r8hb5xg9n

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-15-2017, 09:19 PM
Heir Apparent

If you register with the Telegraph, you can read 1 premium article for free each week
Old 07-15-2017, 09:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I presume a nice official photo with all the family would have been seen, again, as a PR move against the "other" anniversary...
Old 07-16-2017, 05:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

I would imagine that actually the "other" anniversary wasn't even thought of. It was a day to celebrate Camilla's 70th birthday with family and friends. Its been 20 years and all the cast of characters at Camilla's party has moved on in life. There are those that will remember the "other" anniversary in their own way at the right time but for that night, it was solely Camilla's night and a personal party. PR has nothing to do with it.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:34 AM
Majesty

wellI Should hope that Charles remembers his ex wife and the mother of his children and that the boys remember her too. But I agree that since he has been divorced from her for a long tiem and shes' been sadly dead for many years, its a bit much if he can't give a party for Camilla without being accused of using it as PR against Diana.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

She's been the described as the love of Prince Charles' life and has stuck by his side through thick and thin.
So it was no surprise that the Prince of Wales pulled out all the stops for his beloved wife the Duchess of Cornwall's 70th birthday.

Charles throws Camilla a 70th birthday fit for a Duchess | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-16-2017, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Article by Camilla Tominey:
Camilla: The 70th birthday of the popular Duchess of Cornwall | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

1. Again - Camilla deserves to be popular, but the fact is that she is not.

2. But it's nice that she gets positive coverage in the press and we've seen more and more of it in recent years, and she deserves it.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Family‏ @RoyalFamily
To mark HRH The Duchess of Cornwall's 70th Birthday, we are releasing this new portrait, taken by @mariotestino.
Picture: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE4p5mYWsAEjbcB.jpg
Old 07-16-2017, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice but Testino, as usual, is very generous with the airbrushing.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've always admired Testino's work and he doesn't disappoint with this portrait of Charles and Camilla. Well done!
Old 07-16-2017, 07:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Great pic of them.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
The Royal Family‏ @RoyalFamily
To mark HRH The Duchess of Cornwall's 70th Birthday, we are releasing this new portrait, taken by @mariotestino.
Picture: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE4p5mYWsAEjbcB.jpg
Woow, that is a fabulous picture!

Old 07-17-2017, 03:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Camilla reveals the Charles that no-one knows: As a new portrait is released to mark the Duchess of Cornwall’s 70th birthday, she lifts the lid on palace life behind the scenes

Camilla reveals the Charles that no-one knows | Daily Mail Online

Nice idea but that portait has been photoshopped to no end!! Why not leave people as they are, Charles looks strange and Camilla without wrinkles.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

I love Camilla's down to earth nature. Its always been reported that she sees things on the funny side of life and to read her words, I can see that this is an integral part of her makeup.

She's a woman that is comfortable in her own skin. She's "full fat" rather than trying to maintain an image of perfection physically and forges on ahead with what she needs to do and rather than moan about her lot, she makes the best of it and enjoys it. She is an inspiration for people like me that are fast approaching what is called "old". This has rubbed off on Charles too I think as I've never seen him happier than he has been since their marriage.

Think I'm going to go have me a "full fat" milkshake, wiggle my toes that are free from restraining shoes and sit back and enjoy a good book. (Something I'm never without. I usually have 3-4 books I'm reading simultaneously. I like variety.)

As far as the photo Testino shot. I don't think it would have mattered to Camilla one bit if it hadn't been touched up to eliminate the wrinkles. I would put Camilla at the top of the list of women who aren't vain about their appearance. I like that.