The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-14-2017, 12:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

For the love of let Diana rest in peace, or at least let the rivalry die.

Seriously? Yeah I am sure Camilla, whose birthday is more than a month before the anniversary. Is going to let it impac chef birthday. It's not like it would be public anyways. Likely a party st high grave like her 60th was.

I guess if Diana died on her birthday, the media could drum up some ridiculous story of disrespect and continue the rival. And how the boys are threatening to speak to her again. But thus is just stupid even for the fail.

Old 03-18-2017, 02:21 PM
Courtier

I don't remember there ever being any kind of official noise about either Camilla or Charles birthdays.

This year is Diana's 20th anniversary so suddenly birthdays are a subject of discussion!

Well, papers have to find something to write about!

Old 03-20-2017, 06:56 PM
Majesty

A new biography of Charles by Sally Bedell Smith is out. I must buy it. However, this is the DM's interpretation of what is in this biography!

Prince Charles wept over Camilla ahead of wedding to Diana | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-20-2017, 07:00 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
A new biography of Charles by Sally Bedell Smith is out. I must buy it. However, this is the DM's interpretation of what is in this biography!

Saw the article and read the title and noped out
Old 03-20-2017, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Opted not to read the DM's take on it. I'll get in line to borrow it from my library.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Good article, I think.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles bans tobacco from playgrounds at his Scotland home

Charles bans tobacco from playgrounds at his Scotland home | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-24-2017, 03:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Good. I hate the thought of patents smoking around not only theories kids but other kids, even outdoors.

Like Scotland, we have laws here against smoking indoors except of course in your house. And since 2014 illegal to smoke in cars with minors.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Happy 12th anniversary to a lovely couple
Old 04-10-2017, 02:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Happy 12th anniversary to a lovely couple
Yes.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"A Romanian mayor has offered the heir to the throne an honorary title because of his fondness for the area, where he has two holiday homes"

Prince Charles is a descendant of Vlad the Impaler and now he could become Prince of Transylvania - Mirror Online
I don't think that is the kind of heritage Charles would like to advertise.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Well, I think the title Prince of Wales and Transylvania has quite a ring to it

Luckily, the long line of Princes of Transylvania have nothing to do with Vlad the Impaler. I have been reliably told that the people of Transylvania itself are not amused by the idea their beautiful country is regarded negatively with connections to vampires!
Old 04-10-2017, 11:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If one shakes the family tree of Charles' British heritage, there some pretty rotten fruit that can fall out there too. Bloody Mary for example.

The main gist is that it seems that Transylvania recognizes the deep love that Charles has for their country and the work that he's been doing to preserve the area and its way of life. In an of itself, that's a pretty big honor.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:20 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
If one shakes the family tree of Charles' British heritage, there some pretty rotten fruit that can fall out there too. Bloody Mary for example.

Ah, but Charles isn't descended from Bloody Mary. That's not to say he doesn't have a good number of British royal ancestors who were rotten and/or bloody, just that Mary I was not one of them.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:36 AM
Heir Apparent

He not a direct descendant since Mary had no children but the current Windsors descent from the Stuarts. Margaret Tudor daughter of Henry VII and sister to Henry VIII marries James IV of Scotland. That's how the Stuarts come to the English throne after Elizabeth I death.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Has Prince Charles bought Cornwall's Brown Willy? | Daily Mail Online

Has Prince Charles bought Cornwall's Brown Willy? Royal is tipped as new owner of the country's highest point after it sold for nearly 3m

Prince Charles's hand-written letters to Nancy Reagan | Daily Mail Online

"My marriage was a greek tragedy" Prince Charles reveal over his split from Diana

'Some things change… but state functions will always bore Charles’: Hilarious photos taken 64 years apart suggest the Prince has a VERY limited attention span

Old 04-24-2017, 01:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Family Trip for Camilla's 70th? Scroll Down-
Businesswoman taking on Wills and Kate over Heads Together | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-24-2017, 02:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Great if true, nice for heavy get away with her kids and grandkids. Charles seems to get along with them amazingly.

But I am sick and tired of the 'not celebrating not to over shadow Diana junk'. Camilla has never had a public one. Nor is her birthday close to Diana's anniversary. Are we going to suggest all royals don't celebrate anything this year just so Diana can shine? The media needs to give it a rest.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Royal visit to the East Coast of Ireland in May as The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall prepare for their second formal visit here in less than a year.

Ireland prepares for Royal visit as Prince Charles and Camilla to meet with Taoiseach - Independent.ie
Old 05-07-2017, 04:14 AM
Courtier

News to me, thanks An Ard Ri!

By all accounts Charles had a good time here last time round, here's to more of the same! Slainte!