The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #881  
Old 04-29-2021, 07:39 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 13,095
This was part of The Queen's 90th birthday videos - not sure which one as there were a couple but certainly these videos were released then. I believe the Queen actually took the footage.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #882  
Old 04-29-2021, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
This was part of The Queen's 90th birthday videos - not sure which one as there were a couple but certainly these videos were released then. I believe the Queen actually took the footage.
You can see at the beginning, in tiny letters, that it's from Elizabeth at 90.......

I love such home movies - you remember watching them that, despite everything, they are still just a family. I love how the Queen points out that, back then, Charles didn't mind the prickly grass, lol
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #883  
Old 04-29-2021, 08:27 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,134
That beach is in Norfolk, near my old home! It a rather cold and windswept beach for most of the year actually, not the greatest for running around in bathing suits.
Reply With Quote
  #884  
Old 04-29-2021, 09:30 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 2,423
I read that’s the same beach the Cambridge’s took those home movies on...
Reply With Quote
  #885  
Old 05-02-2021, 07:23 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 56,713
The Prince of Wales has released a message for today's Orthodox Easter:



** princeofwales.gov.uk: A message from HRH The Prince of Wales for Orthodox Easter **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #886  
Old 05-07-2021, 05:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 2,423
Fantastic, moving, heartbreaking article...Camilla is doing and has done such good work, and I wish she’d be appreciated for it more. Yet, she doesn’t care about that - she just cares so much.



https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/li...-relationship/
Reply With Quote
  #887  
Old 05-07-2021, 05:51 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,198
I couldn't agree more!
Reply With Quote
  #888  
Old 05-07-2021, 06:43 PM
Royalist.in.NC's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Asheville, United States
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Fantastic, moving, heartbreaking article...Camilla is doing and has done such good work, and I wish she’d be appreciated for it more. Yet, she doesn’t care about that - she just cares so much.



https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/li...-relationship/
Thanks so much for sharing this - do you have access to it? It is behind a paywall. Thanks in advance if you can share
Reply With Quote
  #889  
Old 05-07-2021, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalist.in.NC View Post
Thanks so much for sharing this - do you have access to it? It is behind a paywall. Thanks in advance if you can share

I'd gladly post, but I'm not sure we're allowed to post the entire article? If we are, I will. Mods?

Here's part of it, though

Quote:
On Radio 4’s Woman’s Hour last year, the Duchess spoke of longing to hug her grandchildren again. Now that things have started to open up a little more, has she been able to do that?

“I have been able to,” she says, brightening. “I have had a hug. I am doubly jabbed so, umm, we’ve had a sort of half hug.

“It’s been so lovely just to be able to see them again and talk to them. You know, telephones and machines and these Zooms are fine, but nothing’s ever the same as being able to give somebody a good hug. I’m waiting for the final date when we can actually go into each other’s homes, to be able to sit down and have a proper lunch and, you know, just have a proper life again.

“I think we’ll all be absolutely thrilled to be together with our grandchildren again. I mean just to be able to go and collect them from school would be so nice instead of waving from miles away…”


After her first ever refuge visit in 2016 with SafeLives, the charity of which she is now patron, photographs of a weeping Duchess were beamed around the world. She recently commented that what she heard that day “still gives me nightmares”. Did she mean that literally?

“I literally do. I remember going back and shutting my eyes and trying to go to sleep and I just couldn’t, because it was all going round and round in my head: how can those things be happening and yet the majority of people not know about it?” she says. “I felt so helpless.”(..)
Reply With Quote
  #890  
Old 05-07-2021, 08:07 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 2,423
Here's another great article by Victoria Arbiter..........

Charles and Camilla are constantly forced to pay the price of their choices; nothing they do is ever good enough to atone in the eyes of the public. Camilla should be Queen; the public shouldn’t get to decide that their hate is more important than precedence. They don’t have to love Camilla, but move on already.

2017 was rough on Charles - I almost wish William would make a statement supporting his father when the worst starts to happen (the roll out of Diana
schtick). Even if not a formal statement, I think his father could really use it.


Quote:
In an interview for The Times a spokesperson said, "The intention is for the Duchess to be known as Princess Consort. This was announced at the time of the marriage and there has been absolutely no change at all." While Camilla likely loses little sleep over the matter, Charles is acutely aware their unique situation demands precedent be rejigged. 'Princess Consort' represents an effective compromise, but on reflection it also reads like an admission of guilt. A constant reminder of the wrongdoing that lead to their union, there's a negative connotation to a title invented purely to avoid public ire. After sixteen years it's an unnecessary concession.

Following their marriage, Charles and Camilla acknowledged their "sins and wickedness" during a service of prayer and dedication conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury at St. George's Chapel, Windsor. Eschewing more modern prayers scribed for divorcees, they opted to recite the act of penitence from the 1662 Book of Common Prayer. Written by Thomas Cranmer, Henry VIII's Archbishop of Canterbury, the confessional's considered to be the strongest act of penitence within the Church of England.

Though they're imperfect beings, members of the Royal Family are expected to live to a higher moral standard than us regular folk. (..)
https://honey.nine.com.au/royals/vic...8-bb6d270fc47b
Reply With Quote
  #891  
Old 05-07-2021, 10:44 PM
Royalist.in.NC's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Asheville, United States
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Here's another great article by Victoria Arbiter..........

Charles and Camilla are constantly forced to pay the price of their choices; nothing they do is ever good enough to atone in the eyes of the public. Camilla should be Queen; the public shouldn’t get to decide that their hate is more important than precedence. They don’t have to love Camilla, but move on already.

2017 was rough on Charles - I almost wish William would make a statement supporting his father when the worst starts to happen (the roll out of Diana
schtick). Even if not a formal statement, I think his father could really use it.




https://honey.nine.com.au/royals/vic...8-bb6d270fc47b
Thanks so much for sharing this article that included information about prayers at their wedding. This is the prayer of penitence (general confession) from the 1662 Book of Common Prayer that they used - see below.

ALMIGHTY and most merciful Father, We have erred, and strayed from thy ways like lost sheep, We have followed too much the devices and desires of our own hearts, We have offended against thy holy laws, We have left undone those things which we ought to have done, And we have done those things which we ought not to have done, And there is no health in us: But thou, O Lord, have mercy upon us miserable offenders; Spare thou them, O God, which confess their faults, Restore thou them that are penitent, According to thy promises declared unto mankind in Christ Jesu our Lord: And grant, O most merciful Father, for his sake, That we may hereafter live a godly, righteous, and sober life, To the glory of thy holy Name. Amen.
Reply With Quote
  #892  
Old 05-08-2021, 01:26 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalist.in.NC View Post

Thanks so much for sharing this article that included information about prayers at their wedding. This is the prayer of penitence (general confession) from the 1662 Book of Common Prayer that they used - see below.

ALMIGHTY and most merciful Father, We have erred, and strayed from thy ways like lost sheep, We have followed too much the devices and desires of our own hearts, We have offended against thy holy laws, We have left undone those things which we ought to have done, And we have done those things which we ought not to have done, And there is no health in us: But thou, O Lord, have mercy upon us miserable offenders; Spare thou them, O God, which confess their faults, Restore thou them that are penitent, According to thy promises declared unto mankind in Christ Jesu our Lord: And grant, O most merciful Father, for his sake, That we may hereafter live a godly, righteous, and sober life, To the glory of thy holy Name. Amen.

You’re welcome, and thank you for posting the prayer - I didn’t know that C and C had done that....
Reply With Quote
  #893  
Old 05-08-2021, 06:10 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Kopenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 71
Would it make a difference to you if Mr.Parker-Bowles had then passed away?
I am asking because f.e. in catholic church a widower is allowed to become a priest, because there is no longer a partner to make a claim.
I think it is not really relevant for royal titles, but interesting as the discussion usually leaves Camilla's first husband out, he has been betrayed as well as Diana and is still alive.
Maybe the wrong thread, just answered to a post above concerning consort/queen, sorry if it bothers a mod.
Reply With Quote
  #894  
Old 05-08-2021, 07:56 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeas View Post
I think it is not really relevant for royal titles, but interesting as the discussion usually leaves Camilla's first husband out, he has been betrayed as well as Diana and is still alive.
I wouldn't feel too sorry for Andrew Parker-Bowles. He was seeing other women behind Camilla's back whilst they were dating, and had numerous affairs whilst they were married, including affairs with several women whom she thought were her close friends. It was the sort of marriage that, whilst it seems shocking to most people, was common amongst the upper-classes in late Victorian and Edwardian times - once two legitimate children had been produced, both partners were free to have affairs with anyone else they liked.


Andrew and Camilla seem to get on very well, which, given that they've got children and grandchildren together, is nice, and I don't think either of them feels any bitterness towards the other for having been unfaithful.
Reply With Quote
  #895  
Old 05-08-2021, 08:05 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I wouldn't feel too sorry for Andrew Parker-Bowles. He was seeing other women behind Camilla's back whilst they were dating, and had numerous affairs whilst they were married, including affairs with several women whom she thought were her close friends. It was the sort of marriage that, whilst it seems shocking to most people, was common amongst the upper-classes in late Victorian and Edwardian times - once two legitimate children had been produced, both partners were free to have affairs with anyone else they liked.


Andrew and Camilla seem to get on very well, which, given that they've got children and grandchildren together, is nice, and I don't think either of them feels any bitterness towards the other for having been unfaithful.
Louis (Uncle Dickie) and Edwina Mountbatten is a good example also of the upper class "open" marriage. It wasn't something scandalous among that set but as society changed, it raised the eyebrows of mainstream society.

Both Charles and Camilla have earned my utmost respect in how they conduct and fulfill their lives together and theirs is a marriage that works. That's what matters to me. They shouldn't be punished for finding happiness together. Camilla has more than earned her place as consort for Charles and has not put a foot wrong anywhere since she's taken on a public role. The Queen recognizes this and I wish the rest of the world would too.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #896  
Old Today, 12:34 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,750
I agree wholeheartedly and, somehow believe that the laws of succession will, in spite of the loud minority, be upheld. I find myself looking at those who are internet savvy and find their term "haters" very apropos to the situation re the succession. I find it hard to comprehend the deep and abiding hatred some still harbour toward Charles and Camilla.

Very few had ever seen Diana yet alone met her and almost none actually knew her as a friend or even acquaintance and yet they have revered her in such a way that is closer to that of the Saints in the Roman Catholic Church, IMHO totally OTT. Hate is a pernicious emotion, it scours the soul and warps the lens through which we view life. It sucks the life from one and yet it is a living, toxic emotion played out on the internet and a few gossip rags and there is no health in it.

Both Charles and Camilla have worked hard for both the UK and the Commonwealth and have supported the Crown unfailingly following the behest of the government to tour foreign countries on UK Charm Offensive which, regardless of which royal family is either visiting or visited, is what makes them such an asset.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #897  
Old Today, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I agree wholeheartedly and, somehow believe that the laws of succession will, in spite of the loud minority, be upheld. I find myself looking at those who are internet savvy and find their term "haters" very apropos to the situation re the succession. I find it hard to comprehend the deep and abiding hatred some still harbour toward Charles and Camilla.

Very few had ever seen Diana yet alone met her and almost none actually knew her as a friend or even acquaintance and yet they have revered her in such a way that is closer to that of the Saints in the Roman Catholic Church, IMHO totally OTT. Hate is a pernicious emotion, it scours the soul and warps the lens through which we view life. It sucks the life from one and yet it is a living, toxic emotion played out on the internet and a few gossip rags and there is no health in it.

Both Charles and Camilla have worked hard for both the UK and the Commonwealth and have supported the Crown unfailingly following the behest of the government to tour foreign countries on UK Charm Offensive which, regardless of which royal family is either visiting or visited, is what makes them such an asset.
It doesn’t help that every few years there’s a Diana anniversary, we get new books, new tv shows, new movies....It’s creepy, to be honest. Think Charles has it bad now ? Wait for the new spate of productions making him look the villain, especially Diana: In Her Own Words part 2. Still, the public should know better; I don’t know what more Charles and Camilla can do, sigh. When the Queen passes, I fear the public will not support them, and we’ll see more active “William should be King” outcry.
Reply With Quote
  #898  
Old Today, 09:53 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,198
Prince Charles has sent a video message wishing the Islamic community Eid Mubarak, and speaking about his involvement with the British Asian Trust and the Naz Legacy Foundation (which supports young people from minority communities). He's been involved in organising video interfaith Iftars involving clergy from a number of different religions. He works so hard to bring different communities together, and it must be very hurtful for him to hear allegations of racism made against his family.


He also rather poignantly spoke about how many families will have an empty place at the dinner table, and how that's how he feels after the loss of his father.
Reply With Quote
  #899  
Old Today, 10:46 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
Prince Charles has sent a video message wishing the Islamic community Eid Mubarak, and speaking about his involvement with the British Asian Trust and the Naz Legacy Foundation (which supports young people from minority communities). He's been involved in organising video interfaith Iftars involving clergy from a number of different religions. He works so hard to bring different communities together, and it must be very hurtful for him to hear allegations of racism made against his family.


He also rather poignantly spoke about how many families will have an empty place at the dinner table, and how that's how he feels after the loss of his father.
I was just about to post about this....It reminds me of that song from Les Mis, “Empty Chairs at Empty Tables”.... No matter that Philip was 99, by all accounts a very long life - to a child (no matter how old) or loved one, nothing is ever long enough..
Reply With Quote
  #900  
Old Today, 11:56 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I wouldn't feel too sorry for Andrew Parker-Bowles. He was seeing other women behind Camilla's back whilst they were dating, and had numerous affairs whilst they were married, including affairs with several women whom she thought were her close friends. It was the sort of marriage that, whilst it seems shocking to most people, was common amongst the upper-classes in late Victorian and Edwardian times - once two legitimate children had been produced, both partners were free to have affairs with anyone else they liked.


Andrew and Camilla seem to get on very well, which, given that they've got children and grandchildren together, is nice, and I don't think either of them feels any bitterness towards the other for having been unfaithful.
One of the women Andrew Parker-Bowles was dating while also dating Camilla was Princess Anne.
.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 27: January 2015- JessRulz The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 593 03-20-2021 05:52 AM
Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the United States - March 17-20, 2015 JessRulz The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 84 03-22-2015 06:38 PM
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 12: February-March 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 203 03-08-2006 11:30 AM
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 11: January-February 2006 Warren Current Events Archive 201 02-08-2006 04:05 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes america baby names background story biography britain britannia british royal family buckingham palace camilla parker bowles canada china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing cpr daisy dna doge of venice dubai duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii elizabeth ii emperor family life family tree fashion and style george vi hello! hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume highgrove hypothetical monarchs jewellery jewelry kensington palace king willem-alexander książ castle list of rulers mary: crown princess of denmark mountbatten names nepalese royal family plantinum jubilee prince charles of luxembourg prince dimitri prince harry princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien queen louise queen mathilde queen maxima resusci anne royal ancestry royal court royal jewels russian court dress solomon j solomon speech stuart suthida taiwan thailand uae customs united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×