The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-10-2021, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I was wondering if they had their Covid-19 vaccinations already but this is good news.

Old 02-10-2021, 08:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I was wondering if they had their Covid-19 vaccinations already but this is good news.
Nearly 14m people have already been vaccinated, so I would have thought that C&C (and Anne & Tim) would have had their jabs by now.

Old 02-10-2021, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Great news especially as Charles had Coronavirus earlier on this year.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-10-2021, 07:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Nearly 14m people have already been vaccinated, so I would have thought that C&C (and Anne & Tim) would have had their jabs by now.
Tim is only in his 60s so I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't had his yet. I am under the impression that those in their 60s are next cab off the rank but they haven't started the roll-out to them yet.

Tim and Andrew (with Sarah) are the three royals or connected to the royals who are in their 60s.
Old 02-15-2021, 01:35 AM
Serene Highness

From the Telegraph, The Duchess of Cornwall is reportedly upset over The Duke of Westminster's £400million schemes for Cundy Street Quarters, where the 'aristo-flat' would be demolished.

Duchess of Cornwall's sadness over Duke's £400m demolition of former London 'aristo-flat'
The row over the £400 million scheme for Cundy Street Quarter has been dubbed as 'the Battle of Belgravia'
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...former-london/

The Daily Mail has also picked up on the story.

Camilla Parker Bowles saddened over Duke of Westminster's £400million plans to redevelop Belgravia 'aristo-flats' where she lived in her twenties and entertained Prince Charles after nights out in Mayfair
  • Duchess of Cornwall, 73, used to live in 'aristo-flat' near Victoria Station, London
  • The Duke of Westminster, Hugh Grosvenor, is planning to redevelop the property
  • He wants to demolish old Cundy Street flats and build new ones in their place
  • Neighbours object to new 48m high buildings claiming it will blight their homes
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...sto-flats.html
Old 04-07-2021, 08:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt these poll results are a blow to Charles’ popularity considering he’s extremely unpopular, and considering he knows it... however, it’s still disconcerting to me. It just amazes me that he could do so much and yet is still hated (that’s the only word I can use) so much that most people don’t even think he should be king. I don’t know why these polls bother asking the question when the public doesn’t get to decide...I suppose it’s click bait.

Victoria Arbiter has told me that she thinks the public will be sympathetic to Charles when his mum passes, but I doubt it...and whatever sympathy they do have will be short lived.

Quote:
The public want the Crown to bypass the Prince of Wales and be handed to Prince William when the Queen’s reign ends, a poll has revealed.

The Duke of Cambridge has a 20-point lead – 47% to 27% – over his father Prince Charles in a huge blow to the heir’s *popularity despite great strides to improve his public image over the past two decades.

But younger respondents aged 18 to 24 years old want Prince Harry as king over his dad and brother.

Although more than half – 51% – believe Harry, 36, along with wife Meghan, 39, have damaged the *reputation of the monarchy.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-king-23864734
Old 04-09-2021, 06:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Happy Anniversary to Charles and Camilla ! I can't believe it's been 16 years. Camilla has made Charles so happy - she's brilliant, they're brilliant. I hope they have a very wonderful anniversary!

Quote:
Wishing Charles and Camilla a very happy 16th wedding anniversary. The two married in a civil ceremony at Windsor Guildhall on April 9th, 2005.
https://twitter.com/victoriaarbiter/...835429379?s=21
Old 04-20-2021, 08:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

It must be so difficult for Charles...I’m glad he has a place where he csn be alone with his thoughts..

Quote:
The Prince of Wales travelled to Llwynywermod in Llandovery following his father’s funeral and talks with sons Prince William and Prince Harry in Windsor on Saturday.

He is “getting on with his work” and “taking the time to reply to the deluge of correspondence” he has received since the Duke of Edinburgh’s death on April 9, sources told the Standard.

It is also “all hands to the deck” at Clarence House, Charles’ official London residence, as his staff make their way through the thousands of letters of condolence from around the world.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/b...t-b930653.html
Old 04-25-2021, 04:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Seeing Charles by his mother’s side at the opening of Parliament will be so moving and emotional; he’ll literally be filling in for his father...

Quote:
PRINCE Charles is to formally step into his late father’s shoes — with plans for him to accompany the Queen to the State Opening of Parliament.

Whitehall officials have been asked to designate him a role as his mother’s official “consort” following Prince Philip’s death.

Charles, 72 — who discussed the future with his father in hospital in the weeks before he died — will shoulder a greater burden of major royal duties before eventually taking over as King.

Philip retired from public duties in 2016 and Charles has accompanied the Queen to the state opening before.

But this time it is planned for him to play “a more significant and active role” in the ceremony on May 11.

A Lords source said: “It is a clear signal that the Queen does not want the crown to skip a generation and that Prince Charles will start *taking on an even bigger role in royal life.”

A source added: “There will be a visible show of support for the Queen from senior members of the family at future events, and the opening of Parliament is no exception.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/147544...ng-parliament/
Old 04-25-2021, 05:10 AM
Royal Highness

Didn't he do so last year, since his fathers retirement?
Old 04-25-2021, 05:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

He has accompanied The Queen for most of the past decade even when Philip was still taking part. Since about the time of the Diamond Jubilee often with Camilla. It was the four of them until Philip retired and then just the three of them other than the couple of cut down State Openings when it was just The Queen and Charles.
Old 04-25-2021, 05:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Didn't he do so last year, since his fathers retirement?
Not sure if tehre was an opening of Parliament last year due to covid....
Old 04-25-2021, 05:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Seeing Charles by his mother’s side at the opening of Parliament will be so moving and emotional; he’ll literally be filling in for his father...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/147544...ng-parliament/
I think ever since 2017, few months before Prince Philip retired in August, Charles has been next to The Queen for the State Opening of Parliament

I think 2016 was the last State Opening of Parliament that Philip was next to The Queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Not sure if tehre was an opening of Parliament last year due to covid....
No, there was no State Opening of Parliament in 2020 due to COVID-19. There was also no State Opening in 2018 mainly due to Brexit. Going further back, there was also no State Opening of Parliament in 2011.

There were two State Opening in 2019 (October and December), because of the 2019's General Elections.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a7795541.html
Old 04-28-2021, 06:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

A message of the Prince of Wales to the people of India

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/our...s-people-india
Old 04-28-2021, 06:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

I’m sure Charles will do a fine job...this is right up his alley

Quote:
The Duke of York’s fall from grace was underlined yesterday when the Prince of Wales took over from his younger brother as patron of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra as it prepares to mark its 75th anniversary.

When Andrew lost the patronage of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (RPO), it issued a notably blunt statement saying the board had decided that “the orchestra should part company with its patron with immediate effect”.

Charles, who is well known as a classical music lover, repeatedly stressed the importance of protecting the arts during the pandemic.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/p...ined-mgmpzwp72
Old 04-28-2021, 11:59 AM
Serene Highness

Prince Charles has given his backing to the British Asian Trust, which he helped to found in 2007, in its efforts to help with the situation in India.
Old 04-28-2021, 12:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Sometimes I think someone should check Charles' fingers. He has his fingers in a whole lot of pies these days. The kicker for me is that he actually has an interest and gets involved in all of them. He's not the kind of guy to just be a figurehead. He has really raised the bar when it comes to being The Prince of Wales.
Old 04-28-2021, 12:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
He has accompanied The Queen for most of the past decade even when Philip was still taking part. Since about the time of the Diamond Jubilee often with Camilla. It was the four of them until Philip retired and then just the three of them other than the couple of cut down State Openings when it was just The Queen and Charles.
If he is the Queen's 'consort,' does that mean he will walk beside her, as Philip used to do, rather than following behind her.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
Prince Charles has given his backing to the British Asian Trust, which he helped to found in 2007, in its efforts to help with the situation in India.
He does so many good things...
Old 04-29-2021, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

I didn’t know where to put this, so ...

This is so wonderful; I don’t think I’ve seen this, and now I must. Papa joining in is now so poignant...

Quote:
The beach in Norfolk has been the scene of many happy memories for generations of royals among them Charles and Anne...

https://twitter.com/victoriaarbiter/...543407106?s=21