The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-25-2020, 04:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Adorable new photo of Charles and Camilla !

https://people.com/royals/prince-cha...ristmas-photo/

Also, a lovely article on their support of British culture

Quote:
The prince is patron to dozens of artistic institutions and charities; and, in a normal year, would be strapped to a gruelling schedule of openings, first nights and gala celebrations. His support for the arts is long-standing. In 2018, he celebrated his 70th birthday by partnering with Google to open up Clarence House, his London residence, to the nation. Now through Google Street View, anyone can stroll its plush corridors and admire its extraordinary art collection, which includes the prince’s own watercolours, a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II as a girl by Philip de László, and John Piper’s paintings of Windsor Castle. This resource preempted the way many were forced to experience culture this year – and the exceptional acts of generosity that have kept the arts present, vital and open to all.

Prince Charles was one of the first to speak out about what might be lost if Britain's cultural institutions were forced to go whistle. Unlike some ministers, he championed both their intangible value but also – knowing the language government speaks – their immense economic clout.

The arts are of “enormous importance” to the economy, he said in an interview with Classic FM. “It's absolutely crucial that they can come back twice as enthusiastic as before."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/cl...against-covid/

Old 12-25-2020, 06:10 AM
Administrator

That's a wonderful photo! I think it's my favourite joint photo of them this year!

They've also shared it on their Twitter account in the meantime, adding a
"Wishing you all a happy Christmas and here’s to a better New Year!".

Old 12-25-2020, 07:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

That's a wonderful photo! I think it's my favourite joint photo of them this year!

They've also shared it on their Twitter account in the meantime, adding a
"Wishing you all a happy Christmas and here’s to a better New Year!".
Aww, that’s a lovely tweet!
Old 12-26-2020, 08:35 AM
Majesty

Isn't it wonderful that when either Charles or Camilla are performing an engagement either in person or on Zoom or some such, they are perfectly attired for the occasion but now, with social distancing and seeing less of them, they have invited us into their lives of relaxed dress and being 'at home'. We find they are even more engaging, happy to share a relaxed rapport with us and have given us a unique insight into their lives and shared a sense of normalcy sadly missing in the younger world.

2020 - The year we really got to know and fully appreciate Charles and Camilla for who they are and what they do. They have given us a wonderful gift in seeing that it's not about what's happening but rather what we do that matters.
Old 12-26-2020, 09:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Isn't it wonderful that when either Charles or Camilla are performing an engagement either in person or on Zoom or some such, they are perfectly attired for the occasion but now, with social distancing and seeing less of them, they have invited us into their lives of relaxed dress and being 'at home'. We find they are even more engaging, happy to share a relaxed rapport with us and have given us a unique insight into their lives and shared a sense of normalcy sadly missing in the younger world.

2020 - The year we really got to know and fully appreciate Charles and Camilla for who they are and what they do. They have given us a wonderful gift in seeing that it's not about what's happening but rather what we do that matters.
They both looked so happy and relaxed.
Old 12-26-2020, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

Well said MARG.
Old 12-26-2020, 12:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Well said MARG.
Indeed! I feel like, especially in the last few years, Charles is allowing us to see his real self, not just the “Future King” side of him, and it’s marvelous. He and Camilla are firming up the connection/bond between themselves and the British public, and it’s lovely to see.
Old 12-29-2020, 06:16 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales was interviewed for BBC Radio4 by Guest Editor Margaret Atwood, the interview was aired this morning. They discussed the Prince of Wales' "commitment to sustainability and organic farming over the last four decades".

** Pic **

** dm article: They thought I was completely dotty' Prince Charles says 'no one wanted to know' when he began talking about environmental issues in 1970s..**
Old 12-29-2020, 07:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Prince of Wales was interviewed for BBC Radio4 by Guest Editor Margaret Atwood, the interview was aired this morning. They discussed the Prince of Wales' "commitment to sustainability and organic farming over the last four decades".

** Pic **

** dm article: They thought I was completely dotty' Prince Charles says 'no one wanted to know' when he began talking about environmental issues in 1970s..**
I’m glad you mentioned this, not just because Charles has been way ahead of the game on this extremely urgent issue, but because some Royal reporter named Clive Irving said the most ridiculous things.

Charles is an 18th century figure ? He’s been incredibly forward thinking regarding the environment and other issues, so exactly how is he stuck in the 1700’s? He comfortably uses Zoom and other modern modes of communication... I guess this guy’s comment about William and Kate (whom I love) being an attractive couple speaks volumes. He sounds unbelievably ageist. His comments about Harry and Meghan wanting to do good works implies Charles and the BRF (but mostly Charles it appears) do not.

Has anyone ever heard of this Clive Irving ?

Quote:
Asked whether Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince William will be in charge of further modernising the Royal Family, the royal commentator told Express.co.uk: "Prince William is a very steadfast kind of person.

"Kate is a very shrewd person who knows exactly how to manage this and has been very skilful in doing it.

"And they do make a very attractive couple. "They look like the 21st century should look like.

"They are not ordinary, they will never be ordinary people.

"But William is being far less strange than his father - he is far more rock-solid, I think."

Mr Irving, author of the upcoming book 'The Last Queen: Elizabeth II's Seventy Year Battle to Save the House of Windsor', had previously spoken about the Prince of Wales as a figure in contrast with more modern personalities such as Meghan Markle and Prince Harry.

"This question of relevance is very important, because Charles is basically an 18th-century figure, whereas Meghan and Harry live in the present world, they are of the real world, and that's one of the reasons why they couldn't really fit in back home."

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Mr Irving added, quit because they did not want to be "pieces of royal furniture" and are driven to do "good works".
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...ure-royal-news
Old 12-29-2020, 01:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Mr. Irving sounds like a clueless idiot judging by the excerpts posted. Adding his "book" to my "must to avoid" list here.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Mr. Irving sounds like a clueless idiot judging by the excerpts posted. Adding his "book" to my "must to avoid" list here.
Just add it to my ever lengthening list of “must avoid” books, lol. I guess any one can say anything..it doesn’t make them worth listening to. I don’t know why I keep reading stuff like this; the Daily Express does this all the time, comes out with ridiculous articles by people not named Richard Palmer (who at least is a known and reputable Royal reporter) with click bait headlines !
Old 12-29-2020, 03:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Just add it to my ever lengthening list of “must avoid” books, lol. I guess any one can say anything..it doesn’t make them worth listening to. I don’t know why I keep reading stuff like this; the Daily Express does this all the time, comes out with ridiculous articles by people not named Richard Palmer (who at least is a known and reputable Royal reporter) with click bait headlines !
I started avoiding all of them a long time ago and deleted my Twitter and Instagram accounts too. After a while it just gets tedious and I ended up being red in the face for opening "click bait". I find out all I "need to know" here.

Now I have an overwhelming desire to dig out my Herman's Hermits CDs after that "must to avoid" sentence.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Really lovely article about Camilla...

Quote:
In the real world, Camilla might do a couple of visits in a day, meeting a handful of people. Now we can all “hear her voice and see her charm”, said Junor.

“She’s her own PR. As soon as she was married to Charles, and people met her, they realised she was a warm, friendly, charming, funny, woman. And it then turned out she was rather good at the job, too. So there was no need for a great PR machine to ratchet up. She is her own ambassador.”

The Camilla of the online engagements might have come as a surprise to some of the wider public, said Junor. “To the public that know her, and that have had the opportunity to meet her, they won’t be surprised. But I think to a lot of people who don’t know her, who have never met her, who have nothing to do with the charities where she has been so effective … I think it will be a revelation to them.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ur-under-covid
Old 01-16-2021, 07:54 PM
Serene Highness

I have really warmed to Camilla over the years, and they do appear to be very happy together. I am really interested in her current venture of book club.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for sharing this Betsypaige.

I believe that this has been a year for the Duchess of Cornwall to shine and allow people to get to know her on a more personal level.

Quote:
She is someone who, while very aware of the need for duty and service, doesn’t take the view you can only do that with a straight face, said one who knows her. A laugh, a joke, and a little bit of self-deprecation – one of her most popular approaches – go a long way.

Read more

“The benefit of all this is people have got to know her, and appreciate her qualities, far more than ever before, though she has been a member of the royal family now coming up for 16 years. She has that little twinkle in her eye, and is completely relatable,” said Little.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Thank you for sharing this Betsypaige.

I believe that this has been a year for the Duchess of Cornwall to shine and allow people to get to know her on a more personal level.
You’re welcome ! Well that’s what virtual engagements have allowed people to do, get to know the Royals as human beings... For Camilla, this is even more significant than for other Royals, though I don’t think it will change any minds that are already dead set against her
Old 02-09-2021, 11:40 PM
Administrator

According to the dailymail the Duchess of Cornwall received her first coronavirus vaccination:

** dailymail article: Camilla is 'very happy' after Covid-19 jab..**
Old 02-10-2021, 04:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

And Prince Charles

"The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have had their first Covid-19 vaccinations, Clarence House said"

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...628930/photo/1
Old 02-10-2021, 04:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
And Prince Charles

"The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have had their first Covid-19 vaccinations, Clarence House said"

This is a great news! Hopefully, this will encourage more people to take the COVID-19 vaccine (by being more reassured), not that The Queen and Prince Philip already have.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
And Prince Charles

Great news!!M