The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-25-2020, 07:40 AM
Majesty

Yes, William hasn't had time to establish himself yet. He's only just trying to get a handle on the leviathon that is the Duchy of Cornwall. The throne would be a heavy weight on he and Catherine and their young family. We all saw the strains on the families of his grandparents and

Both HM and Charles would not wish that on them. Let them be parents first for a little longer because when change comes their lives will never be same again.

Old 11-25-2020, 08:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
It will if people view it as historical fact and not a dramatical piece made for television. Possibly younger people or those not familiar with the facts as much as we really know them will believe it.

Nobody other than the key players know the real story.

The television programme that was on recently regarding The Duchy is excellent, it lets you see a side of the prince not often seen.
Iíd like to watch that program...hopefully itís on You Tube...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I totally agree, and as for those people who claim that Charles is desperate for the crown, do decent people actually believe he is counting down to his mothers death. Why does the Queen not celebrate her accession in February, because it is when her father died, so when we celebrate how long our queen has reigned it is a reminder to her of her beloved fathers death, also how short her time as a family unit without the pressures of the crown.

When Charles finally takes the throne it will be a contended happy husband father and grandfather and if he lives a life like his parents it might not be the short reign that everybody is going on about.
I think people who write those articles about Charles craving the throne are clueless. They fail to associate the acceding to the throne with his motherís death. Frankly, I find it odd to see celebratory articles on February 6, because itís a terribly mournful day for HM...I know George VI was loved, and his still widely admired, so it as much as his daughter is loved and respected, the whole thing just seems off to me.

William is quoted as saying that heís ďin no rushĒ to be king because it would mean his father has died..and Charles has said pretty much the same thing...

Old 11-25-2020, 09:02 PM
Royal Highness

I posted this in the thread for The Crown, but.......this is awful (though unsurprising).

Quote:
Avoiding the hate? The Clarence House Twitter account, which posts updates about Prince Charles and his wife, Duchess Camilla, turned off comments on a tweet shared on Tuesday, November 24.

ďThe Duchess of Cornwall, Patron of @EmmausUK, recently joined a video call with staff and formerly homeless residents of @EmmausBrighton, known as companions, to discuss the challenges faced by the charity as a result of the coronavirus crisis,Ē the message read. Only users who the Clarence House account follows are able to reply to the tweet.

The change comes as the Prince of Wales, 71, and the Duchess of Cornwall, 72, have been flooded with comments following season 4 of The Crown, which dropped on Netflix on November 15. Ever since the debut of the new season ó which chronicles Prince Charlesí overlapping relationships with Princess Diana and Parker Bowles ó some followers have been sending hateful messages to the couple.
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...mid-the-crown/
Old 11-26-2020, 04:17 AM
Majesty

The UK media are calling it as they see it . . . the are being unmercifully trolled!
Old 11-26-2020, 08:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
The UK media are calling it as they see it . . . the are being unmercifully trolled!
Iím not sure what this means. I have no issue with the media - I think itís awful that Charles and Camilla are receiving such hate that they had to turn odd replies on Twitter.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/wales/...illain-152607/

An essay with a request to stop painting the Duchess of Cornwall as a villain.

Quote:
For decades, many have painted the Duchess of Cornwall as a villain cast opposite of Diana’s hero. It is past time for that narrative to stop. I was struck by how the Duchess is being, again, painted as the villain while watching the latest series of The Crown. We see her as the other woman, running around with the Prince of Wales while he was married to Diana. It is important to remember that these two loved each other from the beginning, and it was the Royal Family who would not allow them to be together. If they had had it their way, they would have been married to each other from the beginning. Now, I’m not condoning an extramarital affair, but there is more to this story than gets reported.
Has she made mistakes? Yes, but I beg you to find someone on the planet who has not made a mistake in their life. You won’t be able to find one.
Camilla has been a member of the Royal Family for 15 years now. She has kept her head down and gotten to work, never complaining. The Duchess works with many organisations including the Animal Care Trust, BookTrust, Children’s Hospice South West, Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust, Elephant Family, and the Royal Osteoporosis Society. Overall, she supports over 90 organisations where she is either the patron or president.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/wales/...illain-152607/

An essay with a request to stop painting the Duchess of Cornwall as a villain.
Very well said....though I think itís not the media painting Camilla as a villain, not anymore. Now itís the public who think of her that way...To be fair, itís not all of the public, but certainly a large segment; these people are unforgiving and intransigent. That said, the people who are the angriest, who feel the need to express that anger, are always the ones who Tweet. Those who are happy, who donít have any reason to complain, donít feel the need to tell the world. Therefore, thereís always going to be an imbalance on social media - and it doesnít reflect reality. I listen to a lot of sports radio, and itís the same thing -for the most part, fans who are annoyed at their teams call in to vent; fans who satisfied donít feel the need to call in ..and also, thereís less to talk about with a ďhappyĒ call. So, I think those Royal watchers who like Charles and Camilla, who donít feel the need to hate on William and Kate in order to make Harry and Meghan look good, are not going to be as vocal as the haters.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness

Is Paul Burrell as much if an *** as he comes across here, or whenever he talks about Charles? Damn, this is nasty (HM is 94, does he say these things about her). Who is Ms. Pattinson? She seems to be a piece of work as well.

Quote:
Ms Pattison said: "I quite want to see Prince William as King."

Mr Burell replied: "Well it is the Prince of Wales’s birthright of course to become King, he has waited all his life to do that job.

"His ex-wife Princess Diana said she did not think he would ever be King because that job would give him too many limitations.

"He has a lot of baggage with him. Can I be controversial?

"I am not a fan of King Charles and Queen Camilla, I do not have an appetite for that."

He added: "I personally would like to see Queen Catherine and King William on the throne with their beautiful family.

"If Prince Charles gets there and he is over 80 he is not going to be there very long is he?

"Will he actually get up the steps to the throne? He might be that old."
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...oyal-Family-vn
Old 12-01-2020, 07:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

If he is over 80 then his mother would have died at 102. His father is also very close to 100 now. There is therefore no reason why Charles won't live to that age with both parents, and a grandmother reaching 100 - so a reign of about 20 years.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
If he is over 80 then his mother would have died at 102. His father is also very close to 100 now. There is therefore no reason why Charles won't live to that age with both parents, and a grandmother reaching 100 - so a reign of about 20 years.
I don't want to speculate about that because no one knows about all the things that could happen, but because Charles comes from a very long-lived line, it wouldn't be a surprise for him to have a long reign. I don't have a clue why Burrell would think Charles would be feeble at that age when he's strong now and his parents were strong at those ages as well. Well, that's my point I guess -Burrell is clearly biased against Charles. He and that other commentator, in any case, are going to have a long wait - if they get there - to see William on the throne, lol
Old 12-02-2020, 02:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I don't want to speculate about that because no one knows about all the things that could happen, but because Charles comes from a very long-lived line, it wouldn't be a surprise for him to have a long reign. I don't have a clue why Burrell would think Charles would be feeble at that age when he's strong now and his parents were strong at those ages as well. Well, that's my point I guess -Burrell is clearly biased against Charles. He and that other commentator, in any case, are going to have a long wait - if they get there - to see William on the throne, lol
I think this is just drivel from Burrell, of the type we have seen ever so often over the last 23 years.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:07 AM
Majesty

And with the 25th Anniversary he's hoping for to sell the same rubbish to a younger crew who weren't around when Charles and Diana married. To those that were he's "vaguely remembering" things he forgot to mention before. I guess he's hoping for more cash.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
And with the 25th Anniversary he's hoping for to sell the same rubbish to a younger crew who weren't around when Charles and Diana married. To those that were he's "vaguely remembering" things he forgot to mention before. I guess he's hoping for more cash.

Well said!
Old 12-02-2020, 07:09 AM
Courtier

Burrell, like all of Diana's other "rocks" who sold her every breath for money once she died, makes my skin crawl.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Burrell, like all of Diana's other "rocks" who sold her every breath for money once she died, makes my skin crawl.
You know heís loving The Crown - and ever chance he gets, heís doubling down on the ďCharles is the devil, Diana the saintĒ...and people are buying it. I hate thatís heís a guest on so many broadcasts and that heís interviewed so often when everyone knows he has an agenda.
Old 12-05-2020, 06:06 AM
Royal Highness

The thread on the Crown is closed, so Iím posting this here...

Iím so angry, just livid, about this...

Quote:
Netflix has been accused of trolling the Royal Family after a 'sinister' post on its official social media account prompted a wave of online hate.

Senior palace sources reacted with anger to the tweet, which invited viewers to watch a documentary on Princess Diana which they claimed would provide 'answers' to criticism of its flagship drama The Crown.

It was accompanied by a video that paints the Duchess of Cornwall in a particularly unedifying light.

The post has attracted a string of vile messages directed towards the Royal Family, which are still online despite the Daily Mail alerting Netflix to them more than 24 hours ago.

Most of the comments are unprintable, targeted not just at Charles and Camilla, but also the Queen and Prince Philip.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-trailer.html

Then thereís this, from Dan Wootton. Heís responding to Netflix Filmsí tweet about how Diana: In Her Own Words will answer everyoneís questions

Quote:
It really does. Makes it very obvious The Crown is more fact than fiction.
https://twitter.com/danwootton/statu...296665088?s=21
Old 12-14-2020, 03:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Christmas Card of Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall

https://instagram.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn....98&oe=600057F0
Old 12-14-2020, 12:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

Hmm. Itís lovely, but I have to admit itís not my favorite. Charles is looking elsewhere and the photo oddly seems faded...
Old 12-14-2020, 03:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

Goodness, it's not a good photo, especially of the Duchess.
Old 12-15-2020, 10:35 PM
Royal Highness

The Crown has done a number on Charles...just as feared. I was assuming that itís younger people - who donít know the real story - who take the Crown as the gospel truth, but now it appears itís not. Charles dropped 5% and William gained 2% in just a few months. I know that it really doesnít matter as the public doesnít get to decide who the next monarch is, but it does make me worry about when Charles does take the throne. People are never going to forget the Crown, and even if itís a few years before he becomes King, heís never going to have any public support. Itís really rather sad..

Quote:
Just 32 percent of voters said the heir apparent to take the throne while 40 percent voted for his son, William.

Back in June, before the release of The Crown, Prince Charles and Prince William were neck and neck - at 37 and 38 percent respectively - in another YouGov poll, asking the same question.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...m-royal-family