The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-05-2020, 07:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
Agree, I didn't actually notice Camilla's laugh until you mentioned it

I like how he looks "flattered" when Edward Enninful mentioned about his style and also not wanting to throw clothes away.

I also laughed about when Charles said "keeping in shape" (I don't know why )
Always so likeable a couple ! I love them.

Old 11-05-2020, 08:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Agree, I didn't actually notice Camilla's laugh until you mentioned it

I like how he looks "flattered" when Edward Enninful mentioned about his style and also not wanting to throw clothes away.

I also laughed about when Charles said "keeping in shape" (I don't know why )
She has such a nice laugh !

Old 11-05-2020, 08:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Have to hand it to Charles. The man *does* stay in shape. He never stays in any one spot long enough for fat to congregate anywhere on him. It's impressive that he can still wear clothes he's had for a long time. Wish I could say the same thing.
He seems to take after both his mother and father...not just long-lived, but active and vital.

I said above that Iím like Charles in that I donít get rid of anything. I wish I could be like him in terms of exercising and being active...Iím a bum, lol
Old 11-10-2020, 12:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

"The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit Germany to attend The Central Remembrance Ceremony in Berlin to commemorate the annual National Day of Mourning on 15th November.

TRH will also attend the wreath-laying ceremony at the Neue Wache Memorial."

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/pre...e-national-day
Old 11-10-2020, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit Germany to attend The Central Remembrance Ceremony in Berlin to commemorate the annual National Day of Mourning on 15th November.

TRH will also attend the wreath-laying ceremony at the Neue Wache Memorial."

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/pre...e-national-day
Thatís wonderful....
Old 11-12-2020, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Please note that several recent posts have been moved over to the Relationships between Members of the British Royal Family thread - https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ily-15549.html
Old 11-13-2020, 06:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Really, what is wrong with Lacey? Did Charles run over his dog?

https://twitter.com/gmb/status/1327169143859187712?s=21

Why is this even an issue? Lacey makes it sound like Charles is selfish for not wanting to hand the throne, when the time comes, to his son. He also makes it sound as if Charles hasnít stepped up as a future monarch (while he makes that claim for William, which is very true).

Man, this is frustrating. Lacey is a joke.

Quote:
'The Queen's jubilee certainly shows the Queen is determined to go on to the end,' said Lacey.

'But there is such loyalty and respect for the Queen, when we look to the future and say who could duplicate that in the future, could it be King Charles and Queen Camilla?

Or would it much better be William and Kate who are already the focus of enormous popularity and are clearly stepping into the role of future sovereign.

'I myself don't think he would willingly step down from the destiny he has waited for so long.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...er-claims.html
Old 11-13-2020, 07:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Will and Kate may be the focus of "enormous popularity" at this time but I'd bet my last mug of eggnog that if pressed in an interview for an answer that the crown should go directly to William, he'd be reported *verbatim* as screaming "heck NO!!" and running from the room.

Popularity and being the "flavor of the day" is not what greases a well oiled machine that is called the "Firm" and the British monarchy.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Will and Kate may be the focus of "enormous popularity" at this time but I'd bet my last mug of eggnog that if pressed in an interview for an answer that the crown should go directly to William, he'd be reported *verbatim* as screaming "heck NO!!" and running from the room.

Popularity and being the "flavor of the day" is not what greases a well oiled machine that is called the "Firm" and the British monarchy.
LOL yes, I agree. Also, of course, he would never do that to his father.

My real issue is...... Lacey ought to know this. The monarchy is not a popularity contest. The fact that William and Kate are a "golden couple" is meaningless (and I love them, so this is not about them). The responses under that Tweet were what you'd expect - I blocked most of them as they were all about how Charles is nasty, old, grumpy, etc.. I feel like Lacey is pandering - in this case, to those who hate Charles. He clearly is not a fan of the PoW - that's his business, but he also is clearly unable to be objective.
Old 11-14-2020, 02:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Really, what is wrong with Lacey? Did Charles run over his dog?

https://twitter.com/gmb/status/1327169143859187712?s=21

Why is this even an issue? Lacey makes it sound like Charles is selfish for not wanting to hand the throne, when the time comes, to his son. He also makes it sound as if Charles hasnít stepped up as a future monarch (while he makes that claim for William, which is very true).

Man, this is frustrating. Lacey is a joke.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...er-claims.html
I personally think he's making outrageous comments just to grab headlines/publicity, especially when The Crown Season 4 is just released.

From reading through the Daily Mail article, I just find Robert Lacey's interview ludicrous, especially on the fact that popularity should overcome line of succession and longevity of the monarchy.

The top (bested rated) comment mentioned about the recent surge in articles on Queen's possible abdication. I assume it's because of Charles birthday (14th November) and again writers/royal experts want to grab headlines. Here's the actual comment.
What's up with all those weird abdication articles? Elizabeth will be Queen until the day she dies, then comes Charles and then William. Those royal experts need to get a life.
And then here is an article from US magazine, whose writers are no exert in British Royal Family. Most of the content I read are already known and Paul Burrell was mentioned.
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...th-steps-down/

I'm actually really happy on the Platinum Jubilee announcement (with four-day-long-weekend), because it's almost shuts down the claim that the Queen will abdicate soon. I very much doubt the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (Oliver Dowden) learned about these rumours . The other reason is that it would be an event look forward, as the light of the end of the tunnel.

Speaking on Charles' birthday, Victoria Arbiter has written a much better article on Honey Channel 9 Australia about Charles' achievement as The Prince of Wales, as well as his earlier life.
https://honey.nine.com.au/royals/pri...c-2fac222c8d2c
Old 11-14-2020, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Clarence House shared a very nice autumn portrait to thank well-wishers for all birthday wishes for the Prince of Wales today:

** Photo **
Old 11-14-2020, 07:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I personally think he's making outrageous comments just to grab headlines/publicity, especially when The Crown Season 4 is just released.

From reading through the Daily Mail article, I just find Robert Lacey's interview ludicrous, especially on the fact that popularity should overcome line of succession and longevity of the monarchy.

The top (bested rated) comment mentioned about the recent surge in articles on Queen's possible abdication. I assume it's because of Charles birthday (14th November) and again writers/royal experts want to grab headlines. Here's the actual comment.
What's up with all those weird abdication articles? Elizabeth will be Queen until the day she dies, then comes Charles and then William. Those royal experts need to get a life.
And then here is an article from US magazine, whose writers are no exert in British Royal Family. Most of the content I read are already known and Paul Burrell was mentioned.
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...th-steps-down/

I'm actually really happy on the Platinum Jubilee announcement (with four-day-long-weekend), because it's almost shuts down the claim that the Queen will abdicate soon. I very much doubt the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (Oliver Dowden) learned about these rumours . The other reason is that it would be an event look forward, as the light of the end of the tunnel.

Speaking on Charles' birthday, Victoria Arbiter has written a much better article on Honey Channel 9 Australia about Charles' achievement as The Prince of Wales, as well as his earlier life.
https://honey.nine.com.au/royals/pri...c-2fac222c8d2c
I took a quick look, then exited Twitter - those comments are all trash (either ripping Charles -Diana fans- or people saying heís wanted it for so long, who are missing the point). That tweet you posted is on the mark, but Iím not going to look for it as I canít deal with the trash just getting there.

I read that article in US Weekly - itís ridiculous, lol.

On the other hand, Victoria Arbiterís article is not. Sheís my favorite Royal reporter anyway, but she makes excellent points here. I actually think Charles is in a great position now. Heís got scope to make a real impact with his activism, but heís also taken on some of his motherís duties. It may be that his reign will primarily be a bridge between his mother and his sonís, but even so, heíll still have made an enormous impact.

Itís now actually Charlesí birthday, so HB to him!

The Queen has posted two wonderful photos of her eldest : one of a chubby Charles on her lap and the other at Braemar Games (not labeled as such). I love seeing them at Braemar - they crack me up!

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...rince-charles/

Hereís an article about William and Kateís tribute...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-54942655
Old 11-14-2020, 09:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Charles and Camilla are now the Regent couple in all but name, and i guess they are just fine with it. Charles is not stupid, he pretty knows that his best years are behind him now and that his best achievements were/will be as Prince of Wales.
if God wills he will be King, but his reign will be short. Camilla helped him to aknowledge this fact and to enjoy, as it is, every single day.
The rest is just the usual noise and doesn't really matter. The Crown is in safe hands.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Clarence House shared a very nice autumn portrait to thank well-wishers for all birthday wishes for the Prince of Wales today:

** Photo **
Great photo of Prince Charles! Happy 72nd birthday, Charles
Old 11-14-2020, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Wonderful new photo to mark the Prince's birthday,no gun salutes this year.
Old 11-14-2020, 12:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a gorgeous photo - Charles looks happy, hale and hearty, and the trees are a spectacular rainbow of colors

On a separate note, while I don’t watch The Crown, I’ve read that it’s going to portray Charles badly, and that this could make him even less popular than he already js
Old 11-15-2020, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just as I feared...not only with The Crown, but a new interview.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1797637...e-loved-diana/
Old 11-22-2020, 04:50 AM
Majesty

Well at least it's written by someone who knew them enough to know about their actual life and to present it as "a matter of fact" observation.

The writing about them being unable to keep their eyes or hands off each other squares well from what I saw in Christchuch NZ where they acted "crazy in love" acting exactly the same . . . . more like Harry and Meghan with the PDA. The shone!
Old 11-22-2020, 06:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
What a gorgeous photo - Charles looks happy, hale and hearty, and the trees are a spectacular rainbow of colors

On a separate note, while I donít watch The Crown, Iíve read that itís going to portray Charles badly, and that this could make him even less popular than he already js

It will if people view it as historical fact and not a dramatical piece made for television. Possibly younger people or those not familiar with the facts as much as we really know them will believe it.

Nobody other than the key players know the real story.

The television programme that was on recently regarding The Duchy is excellent, it lets you see a side of the prince not often seen.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I totally agree, and as for those people who claim that Charles is desperate for the crown, do decent people actually believe he is counting down to his mothers death. Why does the Queen not celebrate her accession in February, because it is when her father died, so when we celebrate how long our queen has reigned it is a reminder to her of her beloved fathers death, also how short her time as a family unit without the pressures of the crown.

When Charles finally takes the throne it will be a contended happy husband father and grandfather and if he lives a life like his parents it might not be the short reign that everybody is going on about.