The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-18-2020, 07:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
How cool! My favorite part of the Royal year is seeing Charles and HM cracking up at Braemaer.....Sadly it was not to be this year, but at least some sort of games were held. I love seeing Charles look so happy...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...deenshire.html
It has always been a bit of a family affair with royals you never dreamt would be interested showing up to join the fun.

It is the one public engagement that HM really let's her hair dow at. She and Charles are a hoot together.

Old 09-18-2020, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
It has always been a bit of a family affair with royals you never dreamt would be interested showing up to join the fun.

It is the one public engagement that HM really let's her hair dow at. She and Charles are a hoot together.
Yes ! I do love seeing Charles with his family - especially Anne and Philip - but he and HM are a riot! It feels like Braemar is their thing - theyíre always sitting next to each other, acting as if theyíre in on some inside joke no one else knows, lol.

Old 09-19-2020, 01:02 PM
Majesty

All the while Charles is trying to ensure he doesn't flash the crowd with an unruly kilt an if Camilla is there she's as bad as they are.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
All the while Charles is trying to ensure he doesn't flash the crowd with an unruly kilt an if Camilla is there she's as bad as they are.
Thank god for blankets, lol...

I feel like Charles and Camilla are more than a bit naughty, lol ...
Old 09-25-2020, 04:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Fife postmaster gets royal mention in letter from Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news...rince-charles/
Old 10-07-2020, 09:35 PM
Courtier

Private letters of Marjorie Dawson (Princess Alexandra’s former maid and personal dresser), who corresponded with the Prince of Wales, are up for sales. Dawson herself retired in 1990. She passed away last year at the age of 104. These letters revealed Charles' thoughts after his "explosive" in 1994 with Jonathan Dimbleby. "Other letters offer his reflections on the birth of Prince William, the death of the Queen Mother and his second marriage to the Duchess of Cornwall.", as well as his 1981's wedding.

"The items are set to go under the hammer at Hansons Auctioneers on 13 October."

https://www.tatler.com/article/princ...1994-interview

I think the title "Prince Charles said he was ‘living dangerously’ when publicly admitting adultery" could is quite a clickbait for the article.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:14 PM
Courtier

Ah, private letters should stay private. And they shouldn't be for sale. JMO.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
Ah, private letters should stay private. And they shouldn't be for sale. JMO.
I agree...Why are they up for sale? Money.....they should be returned to Charles.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:21 AM
Royal Highness

Nothing new, but I did read this today, and I think itís lovely that Charles was popping into see Archie, and really sad that heíll never be able to do that again. On a happier note, I love that heís spent a lot more time with the Cambridge cuties...He seems to have a better work/life balance...

Quote:
A friend said: ĎThe Prince of Wales enjoyed popping into Frogmore Cottage to see his youngest grandchild and is sad that he hasnít seen him for so long. He has missed much of his development since he is now growing up in the USA.

Charles has seen a lot more of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridgeís children, George, seven, Charlotte, five, and Louis, two, including at Anmer Hall in the summer and in Scotland since then.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...chie-year.html
Old 11-01-2020, 11:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I believe Charles has always enjoyed children. Even before he had his own, he was the type of big brother that wrote a book for them. Many places have written that Charles loved being "hands on" with his boys for bath time and bed time and we've amassed snippets over the years of the little things that have impressed William and Harry for a lifetime. The going on walks and picking up any piece of trash found comes to mind.

The more information comes out like what you've posted, Betsypaige, the more we realize that Charles is far from being the "negligent dad" and "uninterested grandfather" kind of man. A man like Charles is a man that needs 48 hours in a day to do all the things he wants to do. It keeps him healthy though always being in motion and always off "doing something". This is a man that takes a brisk walk to relax. No couch potato is Charles.
Old 11-01-2020, 02:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I believe Charles has always enjoyed children. Even before he had his own, he was the type of big brother that wrote a book for them. Many places have written that Charles loved being "hands on" with his boys for bath time and bed time and we've amassed snippets over the years of the little things that have impressed William and Harry for a lifetime. The going on walks and picking up any piece of trash found comes to mind.

The more information comes out like what you've posted, Betsypaige, the more we realize that Charles is far from being the "negligent dad" and "uninterested grandfather" kind of man. A man like Charles is a man that needs 48 hours in a day to do all the things he wants to do. It keeps him healthy though always being in motion and always off "doing something". This is a man that takes a brisk walk to relax. No couch potato is Charles.
Wait, he wrote that book for Andrew and Edward? I had no idea!!! Thatís a genuinely loving act, and it doesnít matter that heís not that close with them (mostly because of age). Wow, Iím so impressed..

It seems itís true that Charles wasnít around as much as he might have been because of his incredible work ethic (and we have to remember his own childhood), but when he was there, he was present - and he indeed loved being hands on. William said, in the Charles at 70 doc, that he wished his father could slow down a bit, enjoy life and spend time with the grandchildren heís brilliant with. Well, it seems he has - and Iím guessing he wishes he could have done that for William and Harry. Iím also guessing that heís happy that W is getting as much family time as he is because the lack of same when he was a child was a detriment to him...

Itís impressive how Charles impressed upon both of his sons the need to care for the environment without lecturing them, which likely would have turned them off...(most kids would tune out if their parents blathered on about something).

LOL I remember joking while Charles was quarantined with COVID that I couldnít imagine him just kicking back and watching tv. His version of relaxing exhausts me, lol - I donít know how he does it!
Old 11-01-2020, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Nothing new, but I did read this today, and I think itís lovely that Charles was popping into see Archie, and really sad that heíll never be able to do that again. On a happier note, I love that heís spent a lot more time with the Cambridge cuties...He seems to have a better work/life balance...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...chie-year.html
Iím sure that heís really missing seeing Archie in person. He does seem like a very doting and loving grandfather. Zoom is a wonderful technology, but itís not nearly the same as actually getting to interact in a hands-on way. It seems like the Sussexes may not be coming back to the UK until fall 2021... thatís 2 years without seeing his grandson. Archie will be a completely different little person. I know that COVID has made traveling very impractical and that they probably would have spent a week or two at a time in the UK if not for it, but I did find it VERY telling that in March when things started getting bad and foreign nationals were encouraged to head to their home countries, M&H moved to California instead of going back to the UK. I think that showed pretty clearly where they were setting their permanent base.

I hope that when things with COVID clear more, whenever that may be, that Charles and Archie will be reunited again.
Old 11-01-2020, 04:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I’m sure that he’s really missing seeing Archie in person. He does seem like a very doting and loving grandfather. Zoom is a wonderful technology, but it’s not nearly the same as actually getting to interact in a hands-on way. It seems like the Sussexes may not be coming back to the UK until fall 2021... that’s 2 years without seeing his grandson. Archie will be a completely different little person. I know that COVID has made traveling very impractical and that they probably would have spent a week or two at a time in the UK if not for it, but I did find it VERY telling that in March when things started getting bad and foreign nationals were encouraged to head to their home countries, M&H moved to California instead of going back to the UK. I think that showed pretty clearly where they were setting their permanent base.

I hope that when things with COVID clear more, whenever that may be, that Charles and Archie will be reunited again.
There’s nothing that can replace seeing your loved ones in person....I just did read last night that Meghan’s trial was delayed a year, so you may be right, especially in light of the resurgence of COVID.

Home to Harry is LA now..that’s nice for him, but it is sad for Charles, HM, Philip, etc...They are in good health, but aren’t young..
Old 11-03-2020, 10:38 AM
Majesty

Wherever you hang your hat, more like. Covid has made international travel, especially with a small child, difficult in the extreme with Covid testing and (not sure if they have it in the UK) mandatory isolation and more testing for a fortnight upon arrival.

We cannot know whether Harry would want to be back in the UK with his family or not although the health of his father and brother would be a consideration.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:36 PM
Royal Highness

Charles is so adorable........and so is Camilla, laughing in the background

https://twitter.com/BritishVogue/sta...922704902?s=20
Old 11-04-2020, 08:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

So much is revealed about Charles even in the blip from the whole Vogue interview. Charles pays attention to detail. Charles' sense of artistry comes into play selecting the color combinations and Charles' sense of frugality (inherited from his mother regardless of being labeled as spending extravagantly). He buys quality over quantity and price and that gives items a good long lifetime of use.

First time I really laughed at Charles and his wardrobe was reading about his 40 year old shoes. I would bet my last lemon cupcake he's *still* wearing them. Over the years, I have found Charles' way of thinking and buying the way to go. Even if quality is more expensive, in the long run, its worth it.

Prince Charles' 40-year-old Lobbs | Keikari.com
Old 11-04-2020, 10:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
So much is revealed about Charles even in the blip from the whole Vogue interview. Charles pays attention to detail. Charles' sense of artistry comes into play selecting the color combinations and Charles' sense of frugality (inherited from his mother regardless of being labeled as spending extravagantly). He buys quality over quantity and price and that gives items a good long lifetime of use.

First time I really laughed at Charles and his wardrobe was reading about his 40 year old shoes. I would bet my last lemon cupcake he's *still* wearing them. Over the years, I have found Charles' way of thinking and buying the way to go. Even if quality is more expensive, in the long run, its worth it.

Prince Charles' 40-year-old Lobbs | Keikari.com
Iím like Charles to an extreme, lol - I donít get rid of anything, even when I should! Iím a pack rat to an obsessive degree . That said, I honestly donít like throwing something away of it can still be useful, even if itís a paper bag or plate. I think Charles has the right idea with clothes, and in wearing old clothes that are in good shape, shows that the old adage ďeverything old is new againĒ is true....
Old 11-05-2020, 04:06 AM
Administrator

The Vogue interview on the magazine's website:

** vogue: December 2020 Issue HRH The Prince Of Wales Speaks To Edward Enninful About His Lifelong Commitment To Sustainable Fashion **
Old 11-05-2020, 05:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Charles is so adorable........and so is Camilla, laughing in the background

https://twitter.com/BritishVogue/sta...922704902?s=20
Agree, I didn't actually notice Camilla's laugh until you mentioned it

I like how he looks "flattered" when Edward Enninful mentioned about his style and also not wanting to throw clothes away.

I also laughed about when Charles said "keeping in shape" (I don't know why )
Old 11-05-2020, 05:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Have to hand it to Charles. The man *does* stay in shape. He never stays in any one spot long enough for fat to congregate anywhere on him. It's impressive that he can still wear clothes he's had for a long time. Wish I could say the same thing.