General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepting cash is legal but it looks bad, and appearances matter. I work for an international nonprofit and the Prince's Trust has an excellent reputation. But I am not aware of any other organization that would accept a suitcase full of cash. What if the carrier was involved in a fiery crash? What if the carrier were held up at gunpoint? There are a lot of ways that money could have been lost and the charity would have lost out. If they wanted a picture, they could have posed with a giant check.

The problem with cash is that it's harder to track it, especially with such large sums. With cheques and electronic transfer, it's easy to prove that A receives same amount as B gave, it's written black and white, almost no chance of some of it missing during the transfer. But with cash, only the person who counts it know exactly how much it is. If, let's say, B actually gave 1.1m but only 1m is reported and sent to the bank, the only ppl who know of that fact are the ones involved there, as long as everyone shut their mouths outsider won't know. Other scenario, if B suddenly claims that he actually gave 1.1m instead of 1m, it'll be hard for A to prove otherwise; how to prove to outsider (public) whether A, B, or the one who counted the money are telling the truth?

The papers just love trying to stir up trouble. There's no law against accepting donations in cash. But the idea of a suitcase full of cash does smack of a gangster movie.
Or Middle Eastern Sheikhs.

The only disaster in this is that people are unable to critically receive information and rely on tabloid sensationalism
Unfortunately some news outlets that used to be credible are now edging toward "creative writing".

Accepting cash is legal but it looks bad, and appearances matter. I work for an international nonprofit and the Prince's Trust has an excellent reputation. But I am not aware of any other organization that would accept a suitcase full of cash. What if the carrier was involved in a fiery crash? What if the carrier were held up at gunpoint? There are a lot of ways that money could have been lost and the charity would have lost out. If they wanted a picture, they could have posed with a giant check.
Judging by the number and behaviour of wealthy middle eastern royalty, Sheikh Mo's for example. bodyguards are both numerous and formidable, it would be a brave thief that tried to rob them.

However, I think we need to remember that this is a historic retread. All the news outlets, financial institutions and the POW Charities have all been cleared of any and all misconduct back in 2015 when the incident occurred. This is not even a subtle or clever attack on the monarchy, it is a direct slur against the Queen's heir.

It is a clear and specific assault on his honour and his integrity and presumably, his fitness to take the throne after the death of his mother. The only thing that remains to be seen is, are we going to continue to huff and puff about an incident that occurred seven years ago and was as dead as a doornail until someone with a specific agenda brought it to public attention again.

Prince Charles honoured tycoon Lord Brownlow who bailed out his eco-village

Archive

(...)

The inquiry by the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator has confirmed for the first time that it is investigating Brownlow’s decision to buy up unwanted properties at Knockroon. “We can confirm that the work of Havisham Group [Brownlow’s company] and property transactions relating to the Knockroon development in Ayrshire forms part of our overall investigation, work on which is ongoing,” a spokesman said.

(...)

They pose fresh questions of the prince’s judgment. Charles had welcomed Brownlow into his circle of trust even after an adviser expressed reservations about his motivations. “Brownlow was very influential, but it was felt that he was not an entirely benign influence on the prince,” a palace insider said. Of Brownlow, who was a trustee, donor and commercial partner of the charity at once, the source said: “He had myriad conflicts of interest. His judgment was wayward. This certainly came up in conversation with the prince.”

According to the royal source, Charles was expressly told that Brownlow seemed more interested in the “psychic reward” of being close to the prince and being invited to dinners at Dumfries House. “I think it just sort of gave him a kick that he could talk to his friends and say, I just had another dinner with the Prince of Wales. I mean, I think more about that [than money], to be honest,” the source said.

Charles first became involved with Brownlow through his Foundation for Integrated Health, a controversial body that championed alternative medicine and lobbied for pseudoscientific treatments to be made available on the NHS. Brownlow chaired the body briefly but it was closed after the conviction of an official for stealing from the organisation in 2010. A year later he was invited to the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton and received a prime seat at Westminster Abbey.

Brownlow is not the first Dumfries House donor to get an honour from Charles during a private event at the Queen’s home. Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz, a Saudi billionaire, who had given £1.5 million to Charles’s causes including the estate, was*appointed CBE. That honour is the subject of a Metropolitan Police investigation under the Honours (Prevention of Abuses) Act 1925.

(...)

Prince Charles and Camilla hire Daily Mail executive for top post

(...)

Andreae, a seasoned newspaper executive who previously worked for The Sunday Times, will start his new role in the coming months. He will replace Simon Enright, 52, who joined Clarence House in May last year after serving as communications director for NHS England during the pandemic.

Charles and Camilla are understood to be keen for Andreae to oversee their public relations in the run-up to a change of reign, when he will become king and she queen consort. The duchess is understood to have taken the lead in Andreae’s appointment, closely consulting her friend Geordie Greig, the former editor of the*Daily Mail and the Mail on Sunday, who is believed to have personally recommended him for the position. Greig and Andreae were both educated at Eton.

(...)

Why this feel like "hiring the 'right' person to bury your scandal"? Wouldn't it be easier to just ... avoid potential scandal maybe?

:previous: Hiring a new communications secretary seems a smart decision. Now that the Queen's Jubilee is over The Times and others appear to be throwing considerable shade on Prince Charles. Essentially digging up dirt... from the past.

Several years ago I watched a documentary chronicling the restoration of Dumfries House, it was an amazing undertaking. The restoration began in 2007 the documentary came out in 2012. Now there seems to be a beef about how the funds were acquired.

Alan Titchmarsh presents a documentary which follows Prince Charles and his team as they try to save Dumfries House, one of Scotland's most important stately homes.

I hope all of this recent criticism surrounding The Prince of Wales turns out to be a bunch of "nothing burger".

Last edited:
Last edited:
I think it is so lovely that the Duchess of Cambridge has taken the photos! Such a wonderful capture by Camilla’s dresser to get the shot of a photo being taken! I love how Catherine is in her jeans and trainers!

I think it is so lovely that the Duchess of Cambridge has taken the photos! Such a wonderful capture by Camilla’s dresser to get the shot of a photo being taken! I love how Catherine is in her jeans and trainers!

I agree. Also demonstrates that their is a closeness between Catherine and Camilla that is not always apparent.

The photos were wonderful but more than that I'm so thrilled that Camilla asked Catherine to take them. It's so nice when we occasionally get to see these little glimpses inside the real relationships between the family and it appears that they have a really lovely relationship.

The photos turned out beautifully. Catherine is quite talented. It’s really nice that Camilla asked her to take them.

Since when is Catherine Camilla's daughter-in-law?

"Step"-daughter-in-law to be exact but that distinction seems less prominent in many modern blended families.

I especially like the fancy geraniums in Camilla's planter. The white with purple markings is a pretty combination.

Since the 29th April, 2011 although step-daughter-in-law is the more correct state of their relationship but that is splitting hairs. Camilla is the only wife of Charles Catherine has even now in person and so that relationship would be that of a mother-in-law/daughter-in-law one.

Last edited:
I agree. In these days of blended families, I find it incredibly offensive when people are referred to as "fractions". The photos showcase two women with a bond of trust and love. Camilla looks amazing.

Since the 29th July, 2011 although step-daughter-in-law is the more correct state of their relationship but that is splitting hairs. Camilla is the only wife of Charles Catherine has even now in person and so that relationship would be that of a mother-in-law/daughter-in-law one.

April 29 - which was my parents' anniversary as well.

Since the 29th April, 2011 although step-daughter-in-law is the more correct state of their relationship but that is splitting hairs. Camilla is the only wife of Charles Catherine has even now in person and so that relationship would be that of a mother-in-law/daughter-in-law one.

Call it splitting hairs, but it just isn't correct. Camilla is not Catherine's mother-in-law. I suppose that makes me old-fashioned. So be it.

I agree. In these days of blended families, I find it incredibly offensive when people are referred to as "fractions". The photos showcase two women with a bond of trust and love. Camilla looks amazing.

I did not use the word "fractions", nor did I mean it. I was simply referring to the wording in the Country Life article.

Last edited:
Thank you - have set my Transponder TV to record (transponder.TV allows me, for a small monthly fee, to watch and record most British terrestrial TV channels including BBC and ITV).

Looking forward to watching this later this evenng!

Call it splitting hairs, but it just isn't correct. Camilla is not Catherine's mother-in-law. I suppose that makes me old-fashioned. So be it.

[ . . . ]

I did not use the word "fractions", nor did I mean it. I was simply referring to the wording in the Country Life article.
IMHO designating people such as "adopted" daughter-in-law, half-sister or brother, or the Duchess of Cornwall's step-son's wife, that is using fractions, because that implies there is absolutely no connection between Camilla and Catherine which is, of course, total nonsense. Unless you want Catherine to be referred to as her eldest step-son's wife for the rest of her life.

The programme made a good point about well Camilla and Catherine got on. The cover photos for the edition of Country Life magazine guest-edited by Camilla were taken by Catherine. I thought that Camilla came across very well, and it was also lovely to see her with her sister. And the term "future Queen" was used numerous times.

IMHO designating people such as "adopted" daughter-in-law, half-sister or brother, or the Duchess of Cornwall's step-son's wife, that is using fractions, because that implies there is absolutely no connection between Camilla and Catherine which is, of course, total nonsense. Unless you want Catherine to be referred to as her eldest step-son's wife for the rest of her life.

I purely meant the wording, I have not spoken about any emotional bond which is a different thing.
Camilla is her father-in-law's wife, Diana is her mother-in-law even though the two have never met, simply because she is her husband's mother.

I am starting to feel like I am being read the riot act. That doesn't say anything about me, though.
I'll leave it at this.

Ahead of her 75th birthday, Duchess of Cornwall gives her only newspaper interview

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/edition/...r-flipping-phones.-you-have-to-take-them-away

"To mark Her Royal Highness’s 75th birthday tomorrow, a new picture has been released."

Picture by Chris Jackson:

"Really special to photograph The Duchess of Cornwall at her home in Wiltshire for her 75th Birthday. I’ve spent many years travelling around the world photographing The Duchess on Royal Tours and engagements so it’s lovely to photograph her somewhere she feels so relaxed"

One more new picture of the Duchess of Cornwall for her birthday today

By Chris Jackson too:

"A very Happy Birthday to HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, 75 today! Pictured on the steps of her shepherd’s hut at home in Wiltshire with the lovely Beth "

Last edited by a moderator:
A very nice interview, nothing controversial, and does a good job of showing the DoC's warmth.

what a lovely photo mark the Duchess of Cornwall's 75 birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom