The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-26-2020, 12:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I tend to think that Charles doesn't just embrace and work with other faiths but also that, over the years, he has delved into the different faiths for his own self and has come away valuing what each faith has that beautiful and adds to his own spiritual needs. Of course he remains CoE but finds worth and truth and solace everywhere. I believe this is reflected in his gardens at Highgrove.

Y'know, I can actually picture Charles as a Druid too. He's very much a man of nature. This isn't a man that is just giving lip service but is actually a very spiritual man and I admire that.

Old 04-26-2020, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I have to agree with Marg. Charles does a lot to promote and encourage religious diversity across the UK, and has done a lot of work in the multi-faith sphere. He has close working links with the heads of the various religious faiths in the UK, and meets with them on an ongoing basis.
And I didn't say that he hadn't. I was simply expressing my pleasure at seeing him there.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-28-2020, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is going to be beautiful and powerful.......and, for the Queen, especially poignant. In fact, I'm editing this now as I just read that HM will be delivering a speech on that day at 9pm, which will be exactly the same time that her father, George VI, gave a radio address to announce Allied victory.

Quote:
PRINCE CHARLES will mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day by giving the public a unique insight into late King George VI's diary.

The entry, dated May 8 1945, describes several events that took place on the momentous day, including The Royal Family’s iconic Buckingham Palace balcony appearances.

King George VI led the Royal Family in boosting Briton's morale during the blitz and throughout the long war.

The late monarch famously visited East London with the Queen Mother to see with his eyes the devastation caused by the German raids.

Prince Charles has often publicly read extracts from poignant speeches, diaries and poems to mark important events.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...s-read-extract
Old 04-28-2020, 07:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

This is something that i will look forwards to as I greatly admire King George VI. We see him reflected so often in his daughter and know that she's learned everything that she can from her father. Both King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother were not just king and queen but living, breathing examples of the British people facing the devastation of war with courage, fortitude and solidarity.

To hear King George VI's own words as he describes VE day is going to be monumental and actually serve to strengthen and reinforce the British morale during the time of this pandemic.
Old 04-29-2020, 12:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This is something that i will look forwards to as I greatly admire King George VI. We see him reflected so often in his daughter and know that she's learned everything that she can from her father. Both King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother were not just king and queen but living, breathing examples of the British people facing the devastation of war with courage, fortitude and solidarity.

To hear King George VI's own words as he describes VE day is going to be monumental and actually serve to strengthen and reinforce the British morale during the time of this pandemic.
George VI is my favorite Royal - I adore him. I get rather emotional when I think about how much HM still loves and thinks about him; her reign is a real reflection of his character and values almost as much as it is of hers.

I know many people have mixed feelings about the Queen Mother, but she adored her Bertie, and she truly believed in him. Their little family was wonderful - such a rock that he could lean on.

I know Charles has always regretted that he never got to know his grandpa, and that he only has one real memory of him, so I think this will be emotional for him (as well as for the Queen)
Old 04-30-2020, 05:29 AM
Serene Highness

Prince Charles has called for action to stop coronavirus spreading to refugee camps.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles writes foreword for 125th anniversary edition of theNational Trust Magazine

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/our...national-trust
Old 05-05-2020, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wonderful article on Charles and Camilla...

Quote:
In the meantime, Charles and Camilla have built a life that is truly their own, as well as one that meets their families’ approval. In 2012, Queen Elizabeth II gave her daughter-in-law a public sign of acceptance: the rank of dame grand cross of the Royal Victorian Order, an award made personally by the Queen “for services to the Sovereign.”

https://www.macleans.ca/royalty/its-...box=1588715748
Old 05-06-2020, 05:41 AM
Royal Highness

Excellent article. I completely agree.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Charles reading from George VI diary was wonderful and so moving; Iím sure he felt close to his grandfather while reading those poignant words. That last line, about Lilibet and Margaret...
Old 05-10-2020, 05:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

"The Prince and The Duchess have written to the 90,000 postal workers at @RoyalMail, commending their "dedication, resilience and hard work" during this challenging time"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1259413321398321152

"The letter was collected from Birkhall by Postman Neil, who has been working at @RoyalMail
for 36 years."

https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...592768/photo/1
Old 05-10-2020, 05:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"The Prince and The Duchess have written to the 90,000 postal workers at @RoyalMail, commending their "dedication, resilience and hard work" during this challenging time"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1259413321398321152

"The letter was collected from Birkhall by Postman Neil, who has been working at @RoyalMail
for 36 years."

https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...592768/photo/1
Fantastic ! Iím sure that will really lift the spirits of the postal workers !
Old 05-10-2020, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Charles and Camilla have been doing a lot during the COVID pandemic and it's lovely to see them doing this!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-12-2020, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Charles and Camilla have been doing a lot during the COVID pandemic and it's lovely to see them doing this!
Yes it really was and as the Prince said 'what would we do without the Royal Mail'
Old 05-16-2020, 05:40 AM
Majesty

There was very real reason fo Charles and Camilla to depart for Scotland which no-one could of framed of. It's like team Windsor had the whole of GB covered with them in Scotland the Cambridge's sandringham and the Wessexes backing up HM.

It has given us an incredibly deeper insight into what they do and to be honest, more is being covered of all sorts of Royal Engagements.

We've seen more of the sunnier did of Charles and Camilla (and I wish I could rock a pair of jeans as well as she does). What has really tickled me though is that we are not swing them on holiday, they are still unwavering away doing everything that modern technology enables them to do.

What we are seeing is the before and after, the odd personal hiccup and the joy of seeing the dogs staking their claim if a little put out with the addition of the royal retinue to keep the show on the road even though nobody is going anywhere.
Old 05-16-2020, 06:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

I was also thinking along these lines yesterday. Although everyone is "staying put" and there have been no public engagements and very few photo ops and royals out and about "doing things" in public, what we're seeing is a lot of what we'd normally call "behind the scenes" work that is carried out a lot of times with meeting and phone calls and planning and researching.

The CC seems to be almost as busy as ever. Its just that the way things are being done is in a different way with video conferencing, phone calls etc. Charles and Camilla have been able to do this all from where Charles seems to love to be the best. Scotland. Doesn't slow them down though.

Where there's a will, there's a way and no one can actually say any of the royal family are slackers.
Old 05-16-2020, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Ah shame Wales & NI are forgotten (I am only joking and as a Welshy I feel I can!)

From a purely practical safety point of view it makes sense having the sovereign and the next two in the line of succession as different parts of the country. We know some areas have been worse affected than others and so it makes sense not having them all in one part of the country. Likewise, if they (god forbid) all did get Covid and needed hospital treatment it means no one hospital would be treating them all.

It does surprise me a little that Charles and Camilla went to Birkhall as I would have thought they would have stayed at Highgrove as I've always seen that as theirs, well Charles' at least, main home. For W&K Anmer was really the obvious choice as its their only country home, likewise Windsor for HM as opening Sandringham or Balmoral up would have been a challenge.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post

It does surprise me a little that Charles and Camilla went to Birkhall as I would have thought they would have stayed at Highgrove as I've always seen that as theirs, well Charles' at least, main home.

I think at the time of lockdown we were approaching Easter, and Charles and Camilla always spend Easter at Birkhall if memory serves. So they were just doing what they would have done a week early, but havenít been able to return.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I was also thinking along these lines yesterday. Although everyone is "staying put" and there have been no public engagements and very few photo ops and royals out and about "doing things" in public, what we're seeing is a lot of what we'd normally call "behind the scenes" work that is carried out a lot of times with meeting and phone calls and planning and researching.

The CC seems to be almost as busy as ever. Its just that the way things are being done is in a different way with video conferencing, phone calls etc. Charles and Camilla have been able to do this all from where Charles seems to love to be the best. Scotland. Doesn't slow them down though.

Where there's a will, there's a way and no one can actually say any of the royal family are slackers.
Charles received a ton of criticism for leaving for Scotland; Iím glad thatís all but evaporated. I think he has a particular love for Scotland because he spent a lot of time with his adored grandmother there - plus, itís just a stunningly gorgeous country.

I think youíre right that weíre seeing a lot of the behind the scenes work that the Royals do. I appreciate that theyíre allowing us into their private workday for a bit; like an article I just read stated, theyíre showing us a very relatable side of them.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I think at the time of lockdown we were approaching Easter, and Charles and Camilla always spend Easter at Birkhall if memory serves. So they were just doing what they would have done a week early, but havenít been able to return.
I think you are correct, a trip had been cancelled so they went to Scotland earlier than originally planned. They are nearly always there at Easter anyway.
There was an attempt from certain quarters to suggest that he had fled to Scotland once he knew he had the illness without thought for the Scots.
I personally dont agree with that view.