The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-10-2020, 05:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think the photo that, to me, best illuminates the relationship between Charles and Camilla has to be the one they chose for their 2008 Christmas card.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...tmas-card.html

Old 04-10-2020, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think the photo that, to me, best illuminates the relationship between Charles and Camilla has to be the one they chose for their 2008 Christmas card.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...tmas-card.html
That's awesome -I love it!!!

Old 04-10-2020, 09:07 PM
Courtier

A sweet idea! I like the aged palette of the flowers and the weathered paint. Charles and Camilla have worn well.
And the dogs: a vital part of the family.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:14 PM
Courtier

My understanding is Charles has now been married to Camilla as long as he was to Diana.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

They have been married as long but unlike Charles and Diana they are still together. Charles and Diana were officially separated in 1992 although they didn't divorce until 1996.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I don't see what my liking the Sussexes has to do with anything on a Charles and Camilla thread.

And It's not me playing with words and figures, but the most respected polling companies of the U.K. for the last fifteen years, who collect data on public reactions to various members of the BRF. These have shown that Charles is way behind his mother and sons in British popular feeling, and his wife is way behind him. If you don't wish to accept those figures, that is up to you. However they are accurately collected by these polling companies and regularly published.
Just because they are further down the polls than other members of the family it does not mean that Camilla has not been accepted by the British public.
Yes some do not care, others who supported Diana will never accept her, then there are people who have watched her put up with everything thrown at her, witnessed their obvious happiness, and just think well good for them.
Mistakes were made in the past and that is where they should stay.
He has his companion by his side, she supports him, never tries to outshine him. Camilla does not try to be the star, others in the past have and it went wrong. A lesson there.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

To me, the most important factor is that Charles and Camilla's relationship is a strong one and it works beautifully for the two of them. Outside opinions of the couple's popularity really doesn't amount to a hill of beans in relation to their private lives together.

Their private life seem to be a happy and content one and that is what is reflected in their public lives.

Gladys and Fred forever!!
Old 04-11-2020, 08:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Cornwall, has shared some of her favourite books with her local newspaper in Aberdeenshire.

https://twitter.com/royanikkhah/stat...191907328?s=21
Old 04-11-2020, 09:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
To me, the most important factor is that Charles and Camilla's relationship is a strong one and it works beautifully for the two of them. Outside opinions of the couple's popularity really doesn't amount to a hill of beans in relation to their private lives together.

Their private life seem to be a happy and content one and that is what is reflected in their public lives.

Gladys and Fred forever!!
Sicne they are going to be King nad his consort, their popularity does matter...
Old 04-11-2020, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Let me ask a question then. Will having low popularity ratings in any way prevent Charles from being King or is it really a given that due to the Act of Succession of 1701 that as Charles is the present monarch's heir apparent, he will succeed his mother as monarch on her death. Do they take a poll at the time of the Queen's death to determine if he's "popular" enough to be King? How does that work? I'm curious.

Its also been the case where once upon a time there was a very popular Prince of Wales that was disastrous as a king. We know that story well.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Let me ask a question then. Will having low popularity ratings in any way prevent Charles from being King or is it really a given that due to the Act of Succession of 1701 that as Charles is the present monarch's heir apparent, he will succeed his mother as monarch on her death. Do they take a poll at the time of the Queen's death to determine if he's "popular" enough to be King? How does that work? I'm curious.

Its also been the case where once upon a time there was a very popular Prince of Wales that was disastrous as a king. We know that story well.
Charles will be king regardless of any polls done. Popularity isn't a factor in who succeeds the monarch.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
Charles will be king regardless of any polls done. Popularity isn't a factor in who succeeds the monarch.
He will become king assuming that the monarchy lasts. however, if there are further problems.. his general popularity may be a factor in ending his reign or the monarchy as a whole...
Old 04-11-2020, 10:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

That’s how I see it. I wish he had the public’s support, but.......it doesn’t matter. Charles is going to be King, and that’s that. Popularity matters with regards to the government, but not hereditary monarchy, and like you said, the public often likes the wrong people, lol.

Quote:
He will become king assuming that the monarchy lasts. however, if there are further problems.. his general popularity may be a factor in ending his reign or the monarchy as a whole...
Assuming? When HM dies, Charles will become King....and his popularity will have nothing to do with ending his reign unless there is another English Civil War and he becomes the second King named Charles to have his head lopped off. As to ending the monarchy, I don’t think so, lol - it’s lasted 1000 years.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Thatís how I see it. I wish he had the publicís support, but.......it doesnít matter. Charles is going to be King, and thatís that. Popularity matters with regards to the government, but not hereditary monarchy, and like you said, the public often likes the wrong people, lol.

Assuming? When HM dies, Charles will become King....and his popularity will have nothing to do with ending his reign unless there is another English Civil War and he becomes the second King named Charles to have his head lopped off. As to ending the monarchy, I donít think so, lol - itís lasted 1000 years.
Plenty of monarchies have ended.. just because it has lasted 1000 years does not mean that it will last forever.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:08 AM
Majesty

The British monarchy is safe, and will only end in the next few decades if anything serious happens. This monarchy is safe and still has a long time ahead of it.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Plenty of monarchies have ended.. just because it has lasted 1000 years does not mean that it will last forever.
You havenít made a good argument why Charlesí lack of popularity could end a 1000 year old monarchy.
Old 04-11-2020, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall, has shared some of her favourite books with her local newspaper in Aberdeenshire.

I'm sure the Duchess found these books to be a great comfort during her recent two weeks in self-isolation.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
You havenít made a good argument why Charlesí lack of popularity could end a 1000 year old monarchy.
I didn't say that, I said that just because the monarchy lasted 1000 years does not mean that it will last indefintely. Its problably safe for now, as the queen is respected.. but in these dangerous times, with a less popular respected monarch, that might be the tipping point...
Old 04-11-2020, 01:50 PM
Majesty

It seems better to move this discussion to the 'future of the British monarchy'-thread, so that's where you may find my contribution.
Old 04-12-2020, 12:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

15 years for the couple. Happy belated anniversary

They have a wonderful strong marriage. They seem truly happy together.

I love the photo of the two of them with the dogs. I love that Bluebelle and Beth are not only adopted, but from a shelter Camilla is the patron of. Two very lucky rescue dogs that is for sure.

As for the laugh that Beth shares a similar name to the queen......Eugenie has a dog named Jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

Great idea sharing the books. Always interesting to see what royals like to read in their own time.

Encouraging others to read during this as well, like Mathilde. She is patron for childhood literacy as well.

I spied at least 2 Harry Potter books in the shelves of a picture of their den.