The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-08-2020, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
I just realized that Charles and Camilla have a dog named after Queen Elizabeth
Both dogs are rescues, so they might have been named by someone else, but itís funny. I can just imagine Charles running out in the garden shouting ĎBeth stop eating my petunias!í. No mama, Iím not talking to you.
The Cambridges should have named their dog Chaz and the Queen should have a corgi named Milla

I understand Beth is a nickname for Elizabeth, but I donít think itís ever been used in relation to Her Majesty has it?

Old 04-08-2020, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I don't think, from what we know of, HM has ever been a Beth. She seems to be Lilibet to the family and sometimes Liz to the tabloid press.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-08-2020, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Guys, Iím joking (hence using twice)!
I donít really think Camilla named her dog after her mother-in-law.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

It's lovely to see them reunited, and I am delighted to see Camilla in jeans !!!!!
Old 04-08-2020, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
It's lovely to see them reunited, and I am delighted to see Camilla in jeans!!!!!
I love Camillaís hats and big jewelry, but my favorite photos of her are these casual ones:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fb/02...e51c97a7ac.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c3/94...c1b6914446.jpg
Old 04-08-2020, 11:22 PM
Courtier

Prince Charles and Camilla are a perfect picture of good health for their wedding anniversary.
May the country's heir enjoy the country air.

I LOVE the dogs and the exterior location.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Great picture. Many congratulations to C&C!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I understand Beth is a nickname for Elizabeth, but I donít think itís ever been used in relation to Her Majesty has it?
Methinks you are right, I have never come across HM being referred to as Beth.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Feeling a bit emotional today as i remember vividly 15 years ago this then highly controversial wedding and the sometimes quite heated discussions about it on this very same forum. We can all agree that it was far to be smooth sailing, to say the least.

At the end, 15 years later, we can now conclude that Charles 's determination to marry Camilla was for the best, as she has proven herself to be an extraordinary and quite unexpected asset for the BRF.

She was not given free pass, it was hard, sometimes frankly outrageous, but then she calmly and firmly carried out her duties. Without fuss, without complaints, she gained respect and acceptance from the vast majority of the Public, and it was not an easy task.
So well done M'am, and yes, indeed, congrats to C&C.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:52 AM
Majesty

^^^^^ Congratulations to Charles and Camilla. I too remember the kerfuffle before the wedding but Charles had chosen well and Camilla acted with patience and grace with a good handful of good old-fashioned pragmatism.

Together they have weathered the storm and Camilla, initially reticent and not wanting to rock the boat, has instead become a driving force for today. She is gracious and kind, and nothing makes me smile at both her and their engagements when people bring their dogs to meet her. You know you've cracked it when you meet their dogs.

Both she and Charles are shining examples of the age, not to be confused with their age. They are interested in just about everything and laugh often sharing the sublime and the ridiculous with people anywhere.

They are adventurous in trying food at country fairs and while Camilla supports Charles in all his charitable endeavours, her chosen projects have been more personal (osteoporosis) and more real and gritty. The support of rape victims in a practical and caring way that means you understand.

I love this couple and find it amazing just what they have become and what they have accomplished. All with a camera shoved in their face.

Happy Anniversary C&C.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:33 AM
Serene Highness

I really admire Charles for digging in his heels and refusing to give up on the woman he loved - it must have been difficult, especially since it undoubtedly made his relationship with his parents that much more difficult. Their love has proven itself - both he and Camilla made it through some storms that would have torn other couples apart. 15 years is an amazing accomplishment and Iím so happy for both of them.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:20 PM
Administrator

I can't believe it's been 15 years since they married! I remember the day very well - an extraordinary day and here we are so many years later. I do congratulate them very much on their Wedding Anniversary!
Old 04-09-2020, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes those 15 years have simply flown by!
Old 04-09-2020, 03:57 PM
Majesty

I'm afraid that Camilla has not 'been accepted by the vast majority of the (British) public.' In every single survey published by respected companies in the UK and conducted in a scientific manner in the past fifteen years, Charles has come way down in approval ratings and his wife is always below him.

I haven't seen any polling done in Britain in the past fifteen years in which Charles is placed above his mother, sons, Catherine, and his father, and he is usually below Anne. Camilla is always below him, sometimes way below. The latest survey, taken this March 2020, is exactly the same.

Plus, British tabloid newspapers have in the last decade have held unscientific polls several times, asking the question 'Should Camilla be named Queen?' and the answer from the reading public of these particular tabloid newspapers has always been 'No'.

Camilla may get a certain sector of the British public coming to see her (with or without their dogs) but it's clear from all surveys they aren't the majority of the population.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...ss_of_Cornwall

Just type in any Royal name in this survey and you will get their popularity among the British public. Charles is 9th.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:17 PM
Serene Highness

None of thatís surprising - and Charles has come to terms with it. Ultimately, what can he do? My only worry is when he becomes King, because he wonít have the support of the public. Still, he - and Camilla- will carry on.

I just saw this - Charles has recorded a reading for Easter Day/Westminster Abbey...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tow...ading-podcast/
Old 04-09-2020, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Looks as if Charles's dog isn't so keen on posing for the photo as they are!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-09-2020, 07:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I'm afraid that Camilla has not 'been accepted by the vast majority of the (British) public.' In every single survey published by respected companies in the UK and conducted in a scientific manner in the past fifteen years, Charles has come way down in approval ratings and his wife is always below him.

I haven't seen any polling done in Britain in the past fifteen years in which Charles is placed above his mother, sons, Catherine, and his father, and he is usually below Anne. Camilla is always below him, sometimes way below. The latest survey, taken this March 2020, is exactly the same.

Plus, British tabloid newspapers have in the last decade have held unscientific polls several times, asking the question 'Should Camilla be named Queen?' and the answer from the reading public of these particular tabloid newspapers has always been 'No'.

Camilla may get a certain sector of the British public coming to see her (with or without their dogs) but it's clear from all surveys they aren't the majority of the population.
Lol as always you're playing with words and numbers when we are not talking about your champions. I'm not suprised ...
I said that Camilla was accepted, not universally loved. That's totally different. She 's maybe not the most popular member of the BRF, but at least the Public is used to her, has accepted her as the Duchess of Cornwall and is not vindictive anymore (unlike back in 2005). In 15 years i've never seen one single incident but always cheering crowds and smiles on the faces. Maybe you don't like it, and i accept that, but that's a fact : she's accepted.
As for the title issue, she will be Princess Consort. The case seems closed and apparently she's fine with it. So some press can reharse it until the end of the days, it will not change the fact that, if God will, she'll be at the side of Charles when he becomes King. And the Public is ok with this scenario.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:51 PM
Majesty

I don't see what my liking the Sussexes has to do with anything on a Charles and Camilla thread.

And It's not me playing with words and figures, but the most respected polling companies of the U.K. for the last fifteen years, who collect data on public reactions to various members of the BRF. These have shown that Charles is way behind his mother and sons in British popular feeling, and his wife is way behind him. If you don't wish to accept those figures, that is up to you. However they are accurately collected by these polling companies and regularly published.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I don't see what my liking the Sussexes has to do with anything on a Charles and Camilla thread.

And It's not me playing with words and figures, but the most respected polling companies of the U.K. for the last fifteen years, who collect data on public reactions to various members of the BRF. These have shown that Charles is way behind his mother and sons in British popular feeling, and his wife is way behind him. If you don't wish to accept those figures, that is up to you. However they are accurately collected by these polling companies and regularly published.
Nico was talking about acceptance. I would include both the 'positive' and the 'neutral' as acceptance in the YouGov-polls. So, while apparently about a third is still negative (non-accepting); two-thirds is either neutral or positive about her (accepting). So, I'd say that only Andrew truly is in trouble with 45% being non-accepting (negative) and 46% being accepting (positive or neutral).

Elizabeth: 73%/17%/10%
William: 65%/22%/10%
Catherine: 64%/21%/10%
Sophie: 31%/34%/12%
Harry: 63%/21%/14%
Anne: 44%/31%/15%
Zara: 42%/32%/15%
Charles: 46%/29%/22%
Edward: 28%/37%/23%
Philip: 49%/25%/24%
Meghan: 44%/27%/25%
Eugenie: 25%/37%/26%
Beatrice: 24%/37%/28%
Camilla: 29%/33%/32%
Andrew: 17%/29%/45%
Old 04-09-2020, 11:38 PM
Serene Highness

I really donít see why it matters about dopey polls. Many people who hated Charles and/or Camilla have come around. Many never will, but thatís their issue - theyíll have to deal with it.

Hereís a lovely article about them ...itís a Premium article, so Iím not sure who will be able to read the whole thing

Quote:

In 2020, few would begrudge Charles and Camilla their lasting happiness. This year, the duration of their marriage will overtake that of Charles and Diana. As Britain has changed, so have its royals, and many blended families will recognise the success of a second marriage, with children and grandchildren existing happily on either side.

"The genius of the Royal family is that they reflect the world we now live in.Ē says Brandreth. ďThe Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall reflect their generation.Ē

In some interviews, the couple have not been shy in sharing the secrets to their happiness. ďItís always marvellous to have somebody you feel understands and wants to encourage,Ē Charles has said. ďAlthough she certainly pokes fun if I get too serious about things. And all that helps.Ē

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...ned-happiness/

Aww...it turns out that Charles and Camilla recreated their engagement photo....

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...ary-recreated/
Old 04-10-2020, 02:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the dogs threw us off the scent ;-)