General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How cool! My favorite part of the Royal year is seeing Charles and HM cracking up at Braemaer.....Sadly it was not to be this year, but at least some sort of games were held. I love seeing Charles look so happy...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ighland-Games-2020-Braemar-Aberdeenshire.html
It has always been a bit of a family affair with royals you never dreamt would be interested showing up to join the fun.

It is the one public engagement that HM really let's her hair dow at. She and Charles are a hoot together.

It has always been a bit of a family affair with royals you never dreamt would be interested showing up to join the fun.

It is the one public engagement that HM really let's her hair dow at. She and Charles are a hoot together.

Yes ! I do love seeing Charles with his family - especially Anne and Philip - but he and HM are a riot! It feels like Braemar is their thing - they’re always sitting next to each other, acting as if they’re in on some inside joke no one else knows, lol.

All the while Charles is trying to ensure he doesn't flash the crowd with an unruly kilt an if Camilla is there she's as bad as they are.

All the while Charles is trying to ensure he doesn't flash the crowd with an unruly kilt an if Camilla is there she's as bad as they are.

Thank god for blankets, lol...

I feel like Charles and Camilla are more than a bit naughty, lol ...

Private letters of Marjorie Dawson (Princess Alexandra’s former maid and personal dresser), who corresponded with the Prince of Wales, are up for sales. Dawson herself retired in 1990. She passed away last year at the age of 104. These letters revealed Charles' thoughts after his "explosive" in 1994 with Jonathan Dimbleby. "Other letters offer his reflections on the birth of Prince William, the death of the Queen Mother and his second marriage to the Duchess of Cornwall.", as well as his 1981's wedding.

"The items are set to go under the hammer at Hansons Auctioneers on 13 October."

https://www.tatler.com/article/prin...ing-adultery-unearthed-letters-1994-interview

I think the title "Prince Charles said he was ‘living dangerously’ when publicly admitting adultery" could is quite a clickbait for the article.

Ah, private letters should stay private. And they shouldn't be for sale. JMO.

Nothing new, but I did read this today, and I think it’s lovely that Charles was popping into see Archie, and really sad that he’ll never be able to do that again. On a happier note, I love that he’s spent a lot more time with the Cambridge cuties...He seems to have a better work/life balance...

A friend said: ‘The Prince of Wales enjoyed popping into Frogmore Cottage to see his youngest grandchild and is sad that he hasn’t seen him for so long. He has missed much of his development since he is now growing up in the USA.

Charles has seen a lot more of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s children, George, seven, Charlotte, five, and Louis, two, including at Anmer Hall in the summer and in Scotland since then.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rles-sad-not-seeing-grandson-Archie-year.html

I believe Charles has always enjoyed children. Even before he had his own, he was the type of big brother that wrote a book for them. Many places have written that Charles loved being "hands on" with his boys for bath time and bed time and we've amassed snippets over the years of the little things that have impressed William and Harry for a lifetime. The going on walks and picking up any piece of trash found comes to mind.

The more information comes out like what you've posted, Betsypaige, the more we realize that Charles is far from being the "negligent dad" and "uninterested grandfather" kind of man. A man like Charles is a man that needs 48 hours in a day to do all the things he wants to do. It keeps him healthy though always being in motion and always off "doing something". This is a man that takes a brisk walk to relax. No couch potato is Charles. :D

I believe Charles has always enjoyed children. Even before he had his own, he was the type of big brother that wrote a book for them. Many places have written that Charles loved being "hands on" with his boys for bath time and bed time and we've amassed snippets over the years of the little things that have impressed William and Harry for a lifetime. The going on walks and picking up any piece of trash found comes to mind.

The more information comes out like what you've posted, Betsypaige, the more we realize that Charles is far from being the "negligent dad" and "uninterested grandfather" kind of man. A man like Charles is a man that needs 48 hours in a day to do all the things he wants to do. It keeps him healthy though always being in motion and always off "doing something". This is a man that takes a brisk walk to relax. No couch potato is Charles. :D

Wait, he wrote that book for Andrew and Edward? I had no idea!!! That’s a genuinely loving act, and it doesn’t matter that he’s not that close with them (mostly because of age). Wow, I’m so impressed..

It seems it’s true that Charles wasn’t around as much as he might have been because of his incredible work ethic (and we have to remember his own childhood), but when he was there, he was present - and he indeed loved being hands on. William said, in the Charles at 70 doc, that he wished his father could slow down a bit, enjoy life and spend time with the grandchildren he’s brilliant with. Well, it seems he has - and I’m guessing he wishes he could have done that for William and Harry. I’m also guessing that he’s happy that W is getting as much family time as he is because the lack of same when he was a child was a detriment to him...

It’s impressive how Charles impressed upon both of his sons the need to care for the environment without lecturing them, which likely would have turned them off...(most kids would tune out if their parents blathered on about something).

LOL I remember joking while Charles was quarantined with COVID that I couldn’t imagine him just kicking back and watching tv. His version of relaxing exhausts me, lol - I don’t know how he does it!

Nothing new, but I did read this today, and I think it’s lovely that Charles was popping into see Archie, and really sad that he’ll never be able to do that again. On a happier note, I love that he’s spent a lot more time with the Cambridge cuties...He seems to have a better work/life balance...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rles-sad-not-seeing-grandson-Archie-year.html

I’m sure that he’s really missing seeing Archie in person. He does seem like a very doting and loving grandfather. Zoom is a wonderful technology, but it’s not nearly the same as actually getting to interact in a hands-on way. It seems like the Sussexes may not be coming back to the UK until fall 2021... that’s 2 years without seeing his grandson. Archie will be a completely different little person. I know that COVID has made traveling very impractical and that they probably would have spent a week or two at a time in the UK if not for it, but I did find it VERY telling that in March when things started getting bad and foreign nationals were encouraged to head to their home countries, M&H moved to California instead of going back to the UK. I think that showed pretty clearly where they were setting their permanent base.

I hope that when things with COVID clear more, whenever that may be, that Charles and Archie will be reunited again.

I’m sure that he’s really missing seeing Archie in person. He does seem like a very doting and loving grandfather. Zoom is a wonderful technology, but it’s not nearly the same as actually getting to interact in a hands-on way. It seems like the Sussexes may not be coming back to the UK until fall 2021... that’s 2 years without seeing his grandson. Archie will be a completely different little person. I know that COVID has made traveling very impractical and that they probably would have spent a week or two at a time in the UK if not for it, but I did find it VERY telling that in March when things started getting bad and foreign nationals were encouraged to head to their home countries, M&H moved to California instead of going back to the UK. I think that showed pretty clearly where they were setting their permanent base.

I hope that when things with COVID clear more, whenever that may be, that Charles and Archie will be reunited again.

There’s nothing that can replace seeing your loved ones in person....I just did read last night that Meghan’s trial was delayed a year, so you may be right, especially in light of the resurgence of COVID.

Home to Harry is LA now..that’s nice for him, but it is sad for Charles, HM, Philip, etc...They are in good health, but aren’t young..

Last edited:
Wherever you hang your hat, more like. Covid has made international travel, especially with a small child, difficult in the extreme with Covid testing and (not sure if they have it in the UK) mandatory isolation and more testing for a fortnight upon arrival.

We cannot know whether Harry would want to be back in the UK with his family or not although the health of his father and brother would be a consideration.

So much is revealed about Charles even in the blip from the whole Vogue interview. Charles pays attention to detail. Charles' sense of artistry comes into play selecting the color combinations and Charles' sense of frugality (inherited from his mother regardless of being labeled as spending extravagantly). He buys quality over quantity and price and that gives items a good long lifetime of use.

First time I really laughed at Charles and his wardrobe was reading about his 40 year old shoes. I would bet my last lemon cupcake he's *still* wearing them. Over the years, I have found Charles' way of thinking and buying the way to go. Even if quality is more expensive, in the long run, its worth it.

Prince Charles' 40-year-old Lobbs | Keikari.com

So much is revealed about Charles even in the blip from the whole Vogue interview. Charles pays attention to detail. Charles' sense of artistry comes into play selecting the color combinations and Charles' sense of frugality (inherited from his mother regardless of being labeled as spending extravagantly). He buys quality over quantity and price and that gives items a good long lifetime of use.

First time I really laughed at Charles and his wardrobe was reading about his 40 year old shoes. I would bet my last lemon cupcake he's *still* wearing them. Over the years, I have found Charles' way of thinking and buying the way to go. Even if quality is more expensive, in the long run, its worth it.

Prince Charles' 40-year-old Lobbs | Keikari.com

I’m like Charles to an extreme, lol - I don’t get rid of anything, even when I should! I’m a pack rat to an obsessive degree :D. That said, I honestly don’t like throwing something away of it can still be useful, even if it’s a paper bag or plate. I think Charles has the right idea with clothes, and in wearing old clothes that are in good shape, shows that the old adage “everything old is new again” is true....

Charles is so adorable........and so is Camilla, laughing in the background ???

Agree, I didn't actually notice Camilla's laugh until you mentioned it :lol:

I like how he looks "flattered" when Edward Enninful mentioned about his style and also not wanting to throw clothes away.

I also laughed about when Charles said "keeping in shape" (I don't know why :lol:)

Have to hand it to Charles. The man *does* stay in shape. He never stays in any one spot long enough for fat to congregate anywhere on him. It's impressive that he can still wear clothes he's had for a long time. Wish I could say the same thing. :lol:

I like how he looks "flattered" when Edward Enninful mentioned about his style and also not wanting to throw clothes away.

I also laughed about when Charles said "keeping in shape" (I don't know why :lol:)
Always so likeable a couple ! I love them.

She has such a nice laugh !

Have to hand it to Charles. The man *does* stay in shape. He never stays in any one spot long enough for fat to congregate anywhere on him. It's impressive that he can still wear clothes he's had for a long time. Wish I could say the same thing. :lol:

He seems to take after both his mother and father...not just long-lived, but active and vital.

I said above that I’m like Charles in that I don’t get rid of anything. I wish I could be like him in terms of exercising and being active...I’m a bum, lol

Really, what is wrong with Lacey? Did Charles run over his dog?

Why is this even an issue? Lacey makes it sound like Charles is selfish for not wanting to hand the throne, when the time comes, to his son. He also makes it sound as if Charles hasn’t stepped up as a future monarch (while he makes that claim for William, which is very true).

Man, this is frustrating. Lacey is a joke.

'The Queen's jubilee certainly shows the Queen is determined to go on to the end,' said Lacey.

'But there is such loyalty and respect for the Queen, when we look to the future and say who could duplicate that in the future, could it be King Charles and Queen Camilla?

Or would it much better be William and Kate who are already the focus of enormous popularity and are clearly stepping into the role of future sovereign.

'I myself don't think he would willingly step down from the destiny he has waited for so long.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...willingly-step-destiny-biographer-claims.html

Will and Kate may be the focus of "enormous popularity" at this time but I'd bet my last mug of eggnog that if pressed in an interview for an answer that the crown should go directly to William, he'd be reported *verbatim* as screaming "heck NO!!" and running from the room. :lol:

Popularity and being the "flavor of the day" is not what greases a well oiled machine that is called the "Firm" and the British monarchy. ;)

Will and Kate may be the focus of "enormous popularity" at this time but I'd bet my last mug of eggnog that if pressed in an interview for an answer that the crown should go directly to William, he'd be reported *verbatim* as screaming "heck NO!!" and running from the room. :lol:

Popularity and being the "flavor of the day" is not what greases a well oiled machine that is called the "Firm" and the British monarchy. ;)

LOL yes, I agree. Also, of course, he would never do that to his father.

My real issue is...... Lacey ought to know this. The monarchy is not a popularity contest. The fact that William and Kate are a "golden couple" is meaningless (and I love them, so this is not about them). The responses under that Tweet were what you'd expect - I blocked most of them as they were all about how Charles is nasty, old, grumpy, etc.. I feel like Lacey is pandering - in this case, to those who hate Charles. He clearly is not a fan of the PoW - that's his business, but he also is clearly unable to be objective.

Really, what is wrong with Lacey? Did Charles run over his dog?

Why is this even an issue? Lacey makes it sound like Charles is selfish for not wanting to hand the throne, when the time comes, to his son. He also makes it sound as if Charles hasn’t stepped up as a future monarch (while he makes that claim for William, which is very true).

Man, this is frustrating. Lacey is a joke.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...willingly-step-destiny-biographer-claims.html

I personally think he's making outrageous comments just to grab headlines/publicity, especially when The Crown Season 4 is just released. :whistling:

From reading through the Daily Mail article, I just find Robert Lacey's interview ludicrous, especially on the fact that popularity should overcome line of succession and longevity of the monarchy.

The top (bested rated) comment mentioned about the recent surge in articles on Queen's possible abdication. I assume it's because of Charles birthday (14th November) and again writers/royal experts want to grab headlines. Here's the actual comment.

What's up with all those weird abdication articles? Elizabeth will be Queen until the day she dies, then comes Charles and then William. Those royal experts need to get a life.​

And then here is an article from US magazine, whose writers are no exert in British Royal Family. Most of the content I read are already known and Paul Burrell was mentioned. :nonono: :rolleyes:
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...-charles-plans-if-queen-elizabeth-steps-down/

I'm actually really happy on the Platinum Jubilee announcement (with four-day-long-weekend), because it's almost shuts down the claim that the Queen will abdicate soon. I very much doubt the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (Oliver Dowden) learned about these rumours :lol:. The other reason is that it would be an event look forward, as the light of the end of the tunnel.

Speaking on Charles' birthday, Victoria Arbiter has written a much better article on Honey Channel 9 Australia about Charles' achievement as The Prince of Wales, as well as his earlier life.
https://honey.nine.com.au/royals/pr...dication/5c711279-7091-4339-95cc-2fac222c8d2c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom