The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-25-2020, 10:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Other than for polo injuries, I cannot remember a time in his life when the Prince of Wales has been hospitalized or out of "service".

And I know Camilla has a serious nicotine habit, but other than gynecological surgery a few years ago her health has appeared to be pretty sturdy as well.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 03-25-2020, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
And I know Camilla has a serious nicotine habit, but other than gynecological surgery a few years ago her health has appeared to be pretty sturdy as well.
Didnít she quit smoking? I think I read she did, particularly with her family history of osteoporosis. Smoking was identified as a risk factor for osteoporosis decades ago.

Old 03-26-2020, 12:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I had never heard of the 'lung issues' until Rob Jobson said that this morning. Either Jobson made a mistake and confused Charles with Camilla - who was a smoker - or the public haven't been told about a health issue with Charles.

He is reportedly very healthy - and hasn't skipped engagements other than for injuries but not illnesses.
I think he must have gotten confused (though I havenít read anything about Camilla having issues). Doctors quoted in articles tonight have spoken about how healthy he is, which will help him. I think if Charles had lung issues he wouldnít be able to walk as much as he does....
Old 03-26-2020, 12:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Other than for polo injuries, I cannot remember a time in his life when the Prince of Wales has been hospitalized or out of "service".

She had a lung infection back in November that took her out of events.

But I meant more that she had slowed down a bit, not that she was ill. She often has to go on tours a few days early, so she can rest and be up for them. She also looked a bit tired on some. Not that she is sick, simply perhaps not as robust as her husband. Which when you are her age, doesn't help with this.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Didnít she quit smoking? I think I read she did, particularly with her family history of osteoporosis. Smoking was identified as a risk factor for osteoporosis decades ago.
As someone that does have severe osteoporosis and (yes, I admit it) still smokes, I have to commend Camilla for recognizing the risks and quitting smoking when she did. She is president of the Royal Osteoporosis Society due to osteoporosis contributing to her mother's death.

I can attest to the fact that having osteoporosis not only affects the bones in the body and making one a prime target for breaks and fractures very easily but it also can contribute to other bodily functions going haywire. Smoking actually contributes to *all* health related issues and once hooked, almost a miracle if one can quit. There have been speculations that quitting tobacco abuse is even harder sometimes than quitting a heroin addiction.

I'm working on it bit by bit here. If Camilla is a non smoker now, her chances are a lot greater to survive this virus than mine are. Its one reason I do look up to Camilla as a role model.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
He has? I didn't know that ......but I just read an article and I think it's probably true; it's likely due to fluids having built up during a long flight (this was in November, when he went to India) without moving around. Generally speaking, he's in good health, and he eats well.

Did Camilla quit? If so, and she hasn't had any issues, then she's probably ok - as ok as she can be, I guess.

Regardless, just the fact that Charles is over 70 is enough to make it an extremely serious case. I can't imagine what William and Harry are going through.
Yes, the Duchess has quit smoking for almost two decades now. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-smoking.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
No, I've never heard of his having lung issues. He has rarely if ever been ill during his life.
The Prince often visibly has outbreaks of rosacea, with redness of his facial skin. It is an inflammatory disease which is not uncommon with light-skin toned North-Europeans. As it is an inflammatory disease, often reported side-effects during outbreaks are nasopharyngitis, upper respiratory tract infection, and headache.

The Prince during a visible inflammation: https://i1.wp.com/metro.co.uk/wp-con...80%2C310&ssl=1
Old 03-26-2020, 05:45 AM
Majesty

Since Clarence House said Charles (and probably Camilla) were tested in a hospital in Aberdeenshire it makes me think that he and Camilla had already gone to Birkhall early just as his mother went to Windsor Castle once all their personal engagements were cancelled.

I doubt if either of them even considered Charles had more than a cold and since they have always spent Easter in Scotland why would this year be any different. To be honest a phone call from Clarence House would probably have seen his personal Physician at CH within hours.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Yes, the Duchess has quit smoking for almost two decades now. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-smoking.html
Oh, fantastic, thanks! Given that, I donít think that Camilla would be at any higher risk (other than her age) because she did quit so long ago. Hopefully she hasnít had any lingering after effects from the lung infection, which would worry me that sheíd be especially vulnerable.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope Charles gets better soon, I'm not surprised he was tested and the smattering of 'outrage' over it are a bit much IMO. That said it looks bad they travelled to Scotland as normal given the UK is being told not to undertake unnecessary travel and not to visit holiday homes to isolate. I suspect though its the usual attempt as "keep calm and carry on" and the UK didn't go into 'lockdown' until Monday evening.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I hope Charles gets better soon, I'm not surprised he was tested and the smattering of 'outrage' over it are a bit much IMO. That said I am amazed they travelled to Scotland as normal given the UK is being told not to undertake unnecessary travel and not to visit holiday homes to isolate. I suspect though its the usual attempt as "keep calm and carry on".
seems sensible to me. Its his home, and it is a lot healthier than London. and since none of them can do appearances or face to face meetings, he might as well be there as anywhere else. If he travelled in royal style, I cant see that he would be likely to infect anyone else or be at more risks than if he stayed in London...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
She had a lung infection back in November that took her out of events.

But I meant more that she had slowed down a bit, not that she was ill. She often has to go on tours a few days early, so she can rest and be up for them. She also looked a bit tired on some. Not that she is sick, simply perhaps not as robust as her husband. Which when you are her age, doesn't help with this.
She has never been too fit, in that she can't stand heat very well or long distance travel. She goes early on tours to give her time to acclimatisie and she's had to cut a few short as well. She is also prone to chesty colds I think,
Old 03-26-2020, 07:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
She has never been too fit, in that she can't stand heat very well or long distance travel. She goes early on tours to give her time to acclimatisie and she's had to cut a few short as well. She is also prone to chesty colds I think,

Sorry but acclimatising to heat has nothing to do with not being too fit, nor does long distance travel. Itís hard for anyone at any age.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

There is a lot of downplaying the criticism of him getting special treatment. I wish they would just own it instead of tiptoeing around it. The man is the heir to the throne. It is okay to just say that is why he was tested.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

So Robert Jobson said on GMA this morning that Charles has had chest infections before....and he would know as he’s been close to him, especially I suppose when following him for his recent book. So, aside from the fact that he’s the heir, he’s in his 70’s AND with vulnerable spots, physically.

I agree, Denville - I have no issues with Charles going to Scotland. It’s the best place for him - he can be isolated and still get fresh air, be out in nature.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:54 AM
Commoner

Prince Charles gets corovirus

Don't know if this the right forum but where did Prince Charles get corovirus and has the Queen been tested?
Old 03-26-2020, 09:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunawalk View Post
Don't know if this the right forum but where did Prince Charles get corovirus and has the Queen been tested?

Itís being discussed in the General News thread. The answer to both your questions is, we donít know.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I had never heard of the 'lung issues' until Rob Jobson said that this morning. Either Jobson made a mistake and confused Charles with Camilla - who was a smoker - or the public haven't been told about a health issue with Charles.

He is reportedly very healthy - and hasn't skipped engagements other than for injuries but not illnesses.
It's Edward who has (had) lung issues/"weak lungs"; at least I remember reading something about the Queen fussing over him because of it. Don't know if it still applies, but it might be another source for the mixup.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
It's Edward who has (had) lung issues/"weak lungs"; at least I remember reading something about the Queen fussing over him because of it. Don't know if it still applies, but it might be another source for the mixup.
Thereís no mixup. As I referenced earlier, Robert Jobson said that Charles has had several chest infections...and he would know as he has followed him around for his recent book and is pretty close to him.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Thereís no mixup. As I referenced earlier, Robert Jobson said that Charles has had several chest infections...and he would know as he has followed him around for his recent book and is pretty close to him.
He has rosacea. In inflammation it can affect his respiratory system.
See https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ml#post2303662
Old 03-26-2020, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
He has rosacea. In inflammation it can affect his respiratory system.
See https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ml#post2303662
Oops, I saw the post, but somehow managed to miss that part. Thanks ! Even though his infections have been attached to a relatively minor affliction, still it's scary. That said, his doctors have indicated that they don't expect him to worsen, so I'm going to remain positive that Charles will recover soon enough.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:49 PM
Serene Highness

I hope Charles has a speedy recovery.