The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-25-2020, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

I really hope he will get well soon and Camilla wouldn't catch it too !

Old 03-25-2020, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh nooooo .....
Wishing him a speedy recovery.
May God bless the Prince of Wales.

Old 03-25-2020, 08:29 AM
Courtier

I just heard the news...my first reaction was ďoh no!!!!Ē. I canít believe it. Charles is healthy otherwise and Iím sure heíll be ok, but this is scary as hell. Any talks of rifts in the BRF seem so silly now.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:30 AM
Courtier

Wishing him a speedy recovery & very pleased to hear that somebody in their 70s can have a mild version. Does anybody know how he met the NHS criteria for testing in Scotland? I understood you couldn't get tested unless you were so ill you were in hospital or had been in contact with a confirmed case?
Old 03-25-2020, 08:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
Just come up on the BBC website. Thankfully it sounds as if he hasn't been too badly affected, and I assume he hasn't been near the Queen or Prince Philip.
Apparently he last saw her on the 12th

https://twitter.com/lizzieitv/status...763152897?s=21
Old 03-25-2020, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

This is worrying news. The Prince is already 71 years old, but despite this he seems to have iron health.
I hope you recover quickly and have not contaminated anyone.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope for a quick recovery. So sad to hear this.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
Wishing him a speedy recovery & very pleased to hear that somebody in their 70s can have a mild version. Does anybody know how he met the NHS criteria for testing in Scotland? I understood you couldn't get tested unless you were so ill you were in hospital or had been in contact with a confirmed case?
I am sure this will create more discussion but of course the moment he felt funny he was giving one of the hard to get tests. He is the heir. People will have thoughts about that especially as front line workers have been denied but it is what it is.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Charles met Prince Albert of Monaco on March 10th, so yes he was in contact with a confirmed case.
There's a "special treatment" for heads of States, MP's and their families anyway. Sounds unfair for the average Joe but it's done for the sake of the State continuity ...
Old 03-25-2020, 08:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
He has been in contact with a confirmed case - Prince Albert of Monaco.

They were both at the same meeting on the 10th March and there were pictures of the two of them, on opposite of the table, when it was announced that Albert had been confirmed as having the virus.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
He has been in contact with a confirmed case - Prince Albert of Monaco.

They were both at the same meeting on the 10th March and there were pictures of the two of them, on opposite of the table, when it was announced that Albert had been confirmed as having the virus.
I was worried about it when Albert announced he'd been diagnosed, though of course we don't know if that's how Charles contracted it

I get people being frustrated - my state is in desperate straits and our "president" has told us to F off because the governor hasn't been "nice enough" to him - but I have zero patience for people going on Twitter and being jerks about it, all but wishing anyone in the BRF to get sick. I block them immediately.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Charles met Prince Albert of Monaco on March 10th, so yes he was in contact with a confirmed case.
There's a "special treatment" for heads of States, MP's and their families anyway. Sounds unfair for the average Joe but it's done for the sake of the State continuity ...
Completely I also can understand the frustration especially those medical staff who are also being denied tests. There are people very very sick being denied and then we have someone highly privileged being handed a test. No doubt this will create a great dialogue and rightfully so. This whole situation has reminded people of their status more than ever.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Somehow, I am not surprised, considering Prince Charles's recent contact with Prince Albert, and then the sudden retreat up to Scotland. I only hope that Prince Charles and Camilla have been isolated from each other, and that what now appears to be a "mild" case, does not become less mild as time goes on. Unfortunately, "mild" for COVID-19 does not necessarily mean that it's barely noticeable, or that it cannot turn dangerous very quickly, usually somewhere around day 10-14.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Completely I also can understand the frustration especially those medical staff who are also being denied tests. There are people very very sick being denied and then we have someone highly privileged being handed a test. No doubt this will create a great dialogue and rightfully so. This whole situation has reminded people of their status more than ever.
But have other individuals in Aberdeen who have had contact with a confirmed case been denied? The statement made a point of saying that the couple met the criteria.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

I just heard that the Prince of Wales has tested positive for the Coronavirus and I hope he will recover well.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-25-2020, 09:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
But have other individuals in Aberdeen who have had contact with a confirmed case been denied? The statement made a point of saying that the couple met the criteria.
He is the Prince of Wales. Of course he made the criteria. As for if anyone has been denied in Aberdeen? Not a clue but I wouldn't be shocked to learn they have. People are being denied all over the world because the testing is limited.

That said, he is 70+ and came into contact with someone who was positive. This is not a knock on Charles. Yes this man would be immediately tested. I don't think anyone is naive enough to think otherwise, but also the number of wealthy being tested while the common folk especially those on the front lines are being denied is a conversation worth having.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

Hope he gets well soon.

Itís sensible to make testing people in the government a priority.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
They not wanting to further discuss the The Queen is mildly unsettling. I wish Charles a very speedy recovery but I know this has to be nerve wreaking for all.

I also wonder now if William and Harry have been tested because no doubt they was also in contract with their father if they saying around March 13.
Why would they have been in contact around March 13?

I wouldn't be surprised if the last time they saw each other was at the Commonwealth Service; unless Harry met both of them together later in the week as well.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

From ITV

Statement from Scotland’s Chief Medical Dr Catherine Calderwood: “Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay [Charles and Camilla’s titles in Scotland] were tested for Covid-19 for clinical reasons.”
She also confirms that both remain in good health.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:47 AM
Majesty

Prince Charles has always taken excellent care of himself and I hope his lifelong dedication to treating his body like a temple pays dividends for him now.

Get well soon, Your Royal Highness!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968