The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-07-2020, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think the statement was well made by Charles and, to me, seems to be off the cuff rather than a prepared statement. Several times he'd state *I* and then amend it to "we" to include his wife. It came directly from his heart though.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-16-2020, 02:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

GIVIT an Australian Not-for-profit organisation working to alleviate poverty in Australia has announced that The Duchess of Cornwall has donated to their Australian Fires Appeal:

https://twitter.com/GIVIT_AUS/status...820082180?s=20

Old 01-24-2020, 09:56 PM
Courtier

Speaking of Charles abdicating, there are a bunch of new polls out tomorrow (I guess today in the Uk, lol), one of which is indicates that a majority of the public wants William to be the next king, with only 20% in favor of his succeeding his mother (remainder are undecided). I get that heís never recovered from the Diana years, but is this something to be concerned about? Of course heís not going to abdicate, but itís very clear that he wonít have the support of the people. The Daily Express has a huge issue out with all sorts of polls and articles - and they speculate that maybe the public is angry with Charles for finding Harry. It does seem like heís taking some blame for this ďcrisisĒ, though really, the BRF sod nothing wrong. Itís not on them that Harry and Meghan split. Dickie Arbiter said the below, and I agree with him, but that doesnít help if Charles becomes king of an angry and disappointed public

Quote:
Skipping a generation sets a dangerous precedent and could lead to calls for George, who would be in his late sixties or seventies the time his father's reign came to an end, to step aside for his heir be it a son or a daughter.

The saying ďif it ainít broke why fix itĒ must apply to succession.

William's turn will come, meanwhile Charles will succeed his mother and if the past couple of decades are anything to go by the monarchy will be in safe hands.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...dickie-arbiter
Old 01-25-2020, 02:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Speaking of Charles abdicating, there are a bunch of new polls out tomorrow (I guess today in the Uk, lol), one of which is indicates that a majority of the public wants William to be the next king, with only 20% in favor of his succeeding his mother (remainder are undecided).
Perhaps I'm missing an article so where did you get those figures? I can see this poll in The Express showing:
"45 percent agree they want the succession to skip a generation when the Queen dies. Twenty percent of those questioned disagreed with the remainder undecided."

That's hardly changed in 10 years.
"In 2010 a YouGov poll asked whether Charles should make way for William to become king with 44 percent saying he should and 37 percent saying he should not."
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...iam-succession
Old 01-25-2020, 04:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Speaking of Charles abdicating, there are a bunch of new polls out tomorrow (I guess today in the Uk, lol), one of which is indicates that a majority of the public wants William to be the next king, with only 20% in favor of his succeeding his mother (remainder are undecided). I get that he’s never recovered from the Diana years, but is this something to be concerned about? Of course he’s not going to abdicate, but it’s very clear that he won’t have the support of the people.

But clear answers to your main two questions;

Is this something to be concerned about? - No.

It’s very clear that he won’t have the support of the people? - Is it? Because what you’ve presented is a snapshot poll taken in less than a week at a time of slight discontent amongst the monarchy.

I wouldn’t speak on behalf of everyone, when you do not know everyone’s answer.

Sidenote: I hope you mean William succeeding his grandmother, though that mistake wouldn’t be surprising in the Express.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

Please note that we can discuss opinion polls in the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-32807-23.html thread. Thanks you.
Old 01-30-2020, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Man claims to be Charles and Camila's son!

This news even now passed on Portuguese television.

Will it have any credibility?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...egal-case.html
Old 01-30-2020, 06:15 PM
Courtier

On the grounds that his hair looks a bit like Camilla's?! And he claims that his eyes were "tampered with" to make them a different colour? I'm amazed that even the Mail on Sunday would report such utter rubbish! Charles and Camilla didn't even know each other when this guy was born.
Old 02-02-2020, 02:15 AM
Courtier

Poor fellow. This far fetched story is not new but him losing his job due to workplace bullying is.
Adopted people (and all people) should have access to their own biological background.
Old 02-02-2020, 07:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Some adopted people could care less who their biological parents were. I'm one of them. However, I do have access to my genetic background through DNA testing which I have had done. Turns out my dad's genes and my genes trace back the same area of Ireland. That was a hoot to find out!

About the guy who thinks he's the son of Charles and Camilla. Looking at the picture of him as a younger man, he looks more like a Bee Gee than he does Charles and Camilla.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-02-2020, 11:42 AM
Courtier

These eco groups need to get a grip on themselves and stop acting like eco police ..I completely agree with Robert Jobson:

Quote:
The stories suggesting #PrinceCharles is a hypocrite for using helicopters & flights for official engagements are misplaced. Any decisions over transport are not his and governed by time constraints, distance and security. He is a climate change visionary and should be lauded.
https://twitter.com/theroyaleditor/s...296008710?s=21
Old 02-02-2020, 12:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
These eco groups need to get a grip on themselves and stop acting like eco police ..I completely agree with Robert Jobson:

https://twitter.com/theroyaleditor/s...296008710?s=21
It's the press who are the main police of BRF members' movements & they contact eco groups for statements about the impact. Then they get the republic groups to add their criticisms. Eco groups have every right to comment about the environmental impact of BRF travel, and republic campaigners are free to add their critiques too. I do sympathise with Charles though & was pleased that Clarence House issued a statement about it.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
It's the press who are the main police of BRF members' movements & they contact eco groups for statements about the impact. Then they get the republic groups to add their criticisms. Eco groups have every right to comment about the environmental impact of BRF travel, and republic campaigners are free to add their critiques too. I do sympathise with Charles though & was pleased that Clarence House issued a statement about it.
Obviously itís a free country and they have the right to criticize, but I donít have to like it; I donít like it when constant policing of people happens in America, either. Apparently these groups would like it if everyone went back to the days of the horse and buggy....

I do agree that the press is the conduit - they donít need to report on these things, but they do. I donít read any such articles anymore ...
Old 02-02-2020, 12:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Obviously itís a free country and they have the right to criticize, but I donít have to like it; I donít like it when constant policing of people happens in America, either. Apparently these groups would like it if everyone went back to the days of the horse and buggy....

I do agree that the press is the conduit - they donít need to report on these things, but they do. I donít read any such articles anymore ...
No you don't have to like it Betsy & I don't for a minute suggest you shouldn't voice your displeasure about anything.

I belong to an eco group but we're looking to the future (green energy) rather than asking people to go back to horse & buggy (we'd say horse & cart). I'm a huge admirer of Charles' work on the environment & have been for many years. I based my own wildflower meadow on the Royal Meadow at Highgrove (tailored slightly to my area) & I buy my seeds from the same people Charles does. I'm always interested in the green things he's doing at his homes & do what I can. Like Charles though, I'm not perfect (far from it) & I don't mind a bit of criticism and/or suggestions as to how I can do better. (I'm quite heavily 'policed' myself by my adult children who thankfully don't live with me any more!).
Old 02-02-2020, 04:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
No you don't have to like it Betsy & I don't for a minute suggest you shouldn't voice your displeasure about anything.

I belong to an eco group but we're looking to the future (green energy) rather than asking people to go back to horse & buggy (we'd say horse & cart). I'm a huge admirer of Charles' work on the environment & have been for many years. I based my own wildflower meadow on the Royal Meadow at Highgrove (tailored slightly to my area) & I buy my seeds from the same people Charles does. I'm always interested in the green things he's doing at his homes & do what I can. Like Charles though, I'm not perfect (far from it) & I don't mind a bit of criticism and/or suggestions as to how I can do better. (I'm quite heavily 'policed' myself by my adult children who thankfully don't live with me any more!).
Iím sorry, I did not mean to make it sound like you implied I couldnít voice my opinion - my comment sounded harsher than I meant. I was just trying to explain that I didnít mean to imply in my initial comments that these groups donít have the right to their opinion - I just disagree with them.

I love what eco groups do - but I donít really understand why they are killing Charles, who is also trying to save the planet. If he needs to use jets or however to get to locations, so be it. Iím not directing this to you, but some of these types of groups get incredibly self-righteous, and I seriously dislike that. Jobsonís tweet says it all. These groups have no idea about Charlesí itinerary and the constraints heís dealing with. For me, their message is lost when they do this...

Oh and Iím not implying that Charles is perfect...by no means!
Old 03-19-2020, 01:05 PM
Courtier

Well, the virus may have hit too close to home for the BRF ...Prince Albert of Monaco has tested positive (I hope he recovers quickly); Charles sat opposite him recently at a discussion on climate change, and it’s likely that the Princes chatted, if not shook hands/greeted each other.

This is very scary stuff - Charles needs to get tested ASAP. Poor man - this puts any infighting about Megxit in perspective. I hope he’s going to be ok!

https://twitter.com/royalreporter/st...845743104?s=21
Old 03-22-2020, 12:21 PM
Courtier

Clarence House posted this.......what a sweet photo of an impossibly young Queen and an adorably precious Charles...

https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...796644864?s=20
Old 03-22-2020, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Charles has always had a thing for double breasted coats...

Another lovely photo!
Old 03-22-2020, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Wonderful photo and look back in time.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:51 PM
Courtier

My favorite photos of them are at the Braemar games...

For some reason, I can’t seem to post photos, but here are a couple that make me crack up

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mar-games.html

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/30/d6/1b/3...lly-laughs.jpg

Also, he and Camilla are staying at Balmoral for now...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.har...oral-scotland/