The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-22-2019, 06:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is sort of a rhetorical question, but why can't I Google Prince Charles without seeing numerous articles speaking to his poor relationship with William and Harry (past, present.......anything)? It's so frustrating.....

Old 01-22-2019, 11:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It helps when doing a Google search to add a bit more specifics. For example: Prince Charles arts or Prince Charles gardens. It narrows the field of information to what you're specifically looking for.

Another thing with Google search, its *smart*. If you've previously read a lot of information on Prince Charles and his relationship with his sons, Google remembers that and will pull that up first for you.

Perhaps the mods can move this to the appropriate thread.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Twenty years already....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...on-crowds.html
Old 04-10-2019, 02:25 PM
Administrator

To mark their 14th wedding anniversary (April 9) the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall have shared an unseen portrait and thanked people for their "warm wishes"

** Pic ** Instagram post ** dm article **
Old 04-10-2019, 04:15 PM
Majesty

Wow, 14 years! Charles and Camilla look so happy and the photo is unashamedly 'romantic' and Charles and Camilla have never looked happier. It's interesting that they chose Alex Lubomirsky for the official photo as he certainly has an eye for catching loving looks and historical moments in a relatable way.

Proof of his skill was the "Family" photo at H&M' s wedding. With only one member of Meghan's family present it was balanced in such a way that you didn't notice the disparity. That is a rare gift and perhaps the reason he is so successful.

Given time and Royal Family events, he could find himself behind the camera recording far greater historical moments in time.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I can't believe it's been 14 years already. Charles has seemed genuinely happy and relaxed with Camilla now and it's always great to see them together. They're both wonderful grandparents (to both Charles's grandchildren and Camilla's grandchildren - remember at the Cambridge wedding back in 2011 when Charles helped Camilla's granddaughter Eliza see better on the balcony?). I love the new photo - the black and white makes for a more natural setting IMO.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-22-2019, 11:53 PM
Commoner

I am sorry to be off topic but I could not find any other more relevant thread to ask if anyone knows how I might be able to watch the documentary "Charles at 70" online? The ABC here isn't showing it anymore, and neither is BBC1, PBS etc etc. I even checked PoW site but it just links to BBC1. I've even tried googling to see it's available for sale but can't find anything that way either. Appreciate any help or pointers in the right direction.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:39 AM
Heir Apparent

It's a mystery. I've just done some googling and I can't find any record of it being available here anywhere. If you have an all-region DVD you can get a copy from the UK on eBay at a reasonable price. I cannot imagine why the ABC Shop isn't selling it. There must be at least a few people in Oz who would like one.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Try Fishpond.com.au. They have it. https://tinyurl.com/y2gvua5j
Old 04-23-2019, 08:13 PM
Commoner

Thank you Roslyn and Iluvbertie. I will get it from fishpond. :) It should be the right format for me but I can get an all format dvd player too if necessary, probably time I had one anyway. It is a bit surprising ABC hasn't got it but they can be weird with their decisions sometimes.

Thanks again, will be looking forward to my mail in the next couple of weeks :) :)
Old 06-24-2019, 10:11 PM
Nobility

Annual review video from the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall.

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/ann...view/2018-2019

Great compilation. Really nice way to cover official duties and also with a personal touch.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
Annual review video from the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall.

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/ann...view/2018-2019

Great compilation. Really nice way to cover official duties and also with a personal touch.
[...] thank you for posting this. It's a great summarisation of the past year for the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cornwall arrive for the holidays in Greece and the island of corfu on 31 July and is staying at the Rothschild villa as almost every year does

https://greekcitytimes.com/2019/08/0...ay-corfu-year/
Old 08-06-2019, 08:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall arrive for the holidays in Greece and the island of corfu on 31 July and is staying at the Rothschild villa as almost every year does

https://greekcitytimes.com/2019/08/0...ay-corfu-year/
That is a wonderful part of the world. Hope Camilla and her family have a great time.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess of Cornwall seen driving at Balmoral

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ives-home.html
Old 08-15-2019, 02:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Duchess of Cornwall seen driving at Balmoral

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ives-home.html
...'make-up free Camilla driving a LandRover' - makes me hoot with laughter (as it must her). Come to any rural UK location and there are legions of us: make-up free women driving LandRovers through country lanes. How is this news?

We scrub up well though when the occasion warrants it.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

I echo this sentiment only with me its rural USA.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Never mind rural, I live in a city where a significant percentage of the women wear sunscreen on a daily basis and save the makeup for dressing up.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:35 AM
Serene Highness

Vin + Omi team up with Prince Charles to launch clothing line made of nettles

Unlikely collaboration results in ‘wispy, airy’ and sustainable fabric, made from Highgrove weeds

What began with small talk between Prince Charles and the sustainable fashion pioneers Vin + Omi over a Victoria sponge will next month result in dresses made out of nettles from the prince’s Highgrove estate hitting the London fashion week catwalk.

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...ade-of-nettles
Old 08-30-2019, 04:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

What an utterly, marvelous idea! I found it amusing that Vin states “Fifteen years ago, people called us hippies” As a hippie relic, weed was to be smoked. Now they're for making clothing. Then again, hemp fiber has been used for centuries.

You never know what pie Charles is going to get his finger into next. He always amazes me coming up with stuff that is "outside of the box".