The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-04-2018, 07:42 PM
Courtier

Two more people have been poisoned in Salisbury with the same nerve agent used in the attack on the Skripals, Russian exiles living in Britain, which is believed by just about every sensible person to have been perpetrated by the Russian state.

Charles and Camilla visited Salisbury just a few days ago. I do hope that there's no risk to their heath. It's thought that if they had been poisoned, the symptoms would have shown by now.

Just goes to show, however, that the risks are many and varied for the royals, even at home. Plus all of this is why William will not be in Russia cheering England on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44719639

Old 07-04-2018, 08:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

The question though has to be asked - how did this happen again? Were the Russians even involved the first time or is there something wrong in the British chemical warfare unit itself (the one nearby). They spent millions cleaning up all the areas where the Russian agents had been to remove the issue and now it has resurfaced - how and why????

Old 07-24-2018, 11:05 AM
Majesty

The makeup of this chemical agent is specific to Russia. Once it is out of the lab it's safety is up to the handler(s)

I believe Charles and Camilla are quite safe. I wish I could say the same about any Ex Eastern block dissident.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:15 PM
Nobility

Makeover madness at the palace
Court Circular, Issue 1475

Prince Brian, self-appointed national arbiter of taste, who doesn’t do things on the cheap
THINGS rarely move at speed in the royal world, and the Buckingham Palace refurb is no exception.
To everyone’s surprise, in 2016 Theresa May and Philip Hammond, acting as royal trustees, agreed to fund the whole £369m project, phased over ten years. David Cameron and George Osborne had been unwilling to commit more than about £50m for a make-do-and-mend job.
Two years on, most energy seems to have been expended on hiring a “multidisciplinary design team” and a project management team, and finding an area of the palace suitable for a legion of hard hats in pinstripe suits to make coffee and chat. The Buck House basement canteen is now off limits and work is under way on turning the area into a “collaborative work space” (aka an open-plan office).
Plush furnishings and wallpaper
Surveys are also being carried out and tenders prepared: just the sort of stuff you might have assumed would have been done before May and Hammond agreed to hand over the dosh. Already costs are on the rise, and the £369m may well not be enough.
And there is another problem: the posh furnishings and plush wallpapers will need Brian’s imprimatur. Brenda isn’t too interested in interior design and prefers things to look the way they always have done. Her eldest son, however, the self-appointed national arbiter of taste, agonises over such things. With the palace destined to be his within the next few years, he may as well get his way now: the last thing officials want is him moving in and demanding another expensive redecoration. But Brian doesn’t do things on the cheap. When he moved into Clarence House after the death of the Queen Mother in 2002, the nation had to hand over £4.5m for him to redecorate.
It remains a mystery why May agreed to foot the whole of the latest bill. After the 1992 Windsor Castle fire, John Major had to rapidly backtrack on a similar offer after a public outcry. Instead, Brenda was obliged to open Buckingham Palace to the masses to fund the work. That proved such a money-spinner the original intention to shut the doors after five years was abandoned. Income from Buck House admissions in 2017 was £10.35m, and it is expected to be even higher in this double royal wedding year. Admission fees for all the Queen’s palaces have raked in just short of £181m over the past five years. A contribution towards keeping the Buck House roof on would have been a perfectly reasonable request.
‘Flunkey’

The above is from a scandal sheet called Private Eye[ I]and that it is always rude. Also, the article was called Palace Coo.[/I]
Old 09-06-2018, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Yesterday the Prince of Wales received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the GQ Men of the Year Awards 2018, see here, and has therefore also given an interview for the October issue of GQ Men:

** gq-magazine: Prince Charles exclusive interview: 'My problem is I find there are too many things that need doing or battling' **

** dailymail: Charles the cover star! Prince of Wales opens up about his ‘controversial’ views on the environment in an interview with men’s style bible GQ..**
Old 09-26-2018, 09:44 PM
Royal Highness

I fell for it when I read a British Royal reporter saying Camilla likes "bucket and spade" family holidays on the UK coast - (and that's why she's not in Scotland with Charles in the summer that much.)

Then I went to the supermarket here in the colonies and saw the Oz magazine with her liking the Mediterranean too!

(Can't blame her. I'd be there too if given the chance.)

A few of the photos - I'll avoid posting the article about Charles kicking her out of Clarence House and the Queen being furious now everyone is due back on duty.

https://bqhfpnuv66xza-cdn-storage.az...ad57647f55.jpg

https://bqhfpnuv66xza-cdn-storage.az...fa844e4012.jpg

https://bqhfpnuv66xza-cdn-storage.az...b3a5c8c3e7.jpg

https://bqhfpnuv66xza-cdn-storage.az...a66f97b702.jpg

And oh look - she's spending her time off reading about Royalty!
Old 09-26-2018, 11:27 PM
Serene Highness

But this is delightful: The duchess is reading 'The quest for Queen Mary', the book detailing James Pope-Hennesy's research into his magisterial biography, edited by Hugo Vickers. It is on my bedside table and a fascinating read
Old 09-27-2018, 04:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post

But this is delightful: The duchess is reading 'The quest for Queen Mary', the book detailing James Pope-Hennesy's research into his magisterial biography, edited by Hugo Vickers. It is on my bedside table and a fascinating read

You should write a letter to Camilla telling her what you think of it gerry, and asking her how she found it.

And then you should keep the nice reply you're bound to get - "The Duchess of Cornwall has asked me to thank you for your kind interest" etc, etc - in the actual book.

One day someone will come across that and have a nice suprise.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post

Might as well swot up on all your predecessors!
Old 10-26-2018, 02:30 PM
Nobility

For anyone who is interested the Australian Masterchef episode that features Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall has now aired in the UK. 'Watch' channel, aired Thursday 25.10.18
Old 11-02-2018, 12:58 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A new thread for the Prince's upcoming birthday has been created here, with all relevant posted moved across:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8-a-45727.html
Old 12-15-2018, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Please note that posts relating to the Christmas Card of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8-a-15608.html thread.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:48 AM
Majesty

Camilla seems to have been out of action for quite some time just for a cold. I hope it's nothing more serious.
It was noted on the Mens Fashion thread that Charles was looking less than his usual dapper self.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Camilla seems to have been out of action for quite some time just for a cold. I hope it's nothing more serious.
It was noted on the Mens Fashion thread that Charles was looking less than his usual dapper self.
I read it's more than a cold but a bad case of flu ...
We wish her a speedy recovery
Old 01-03-2019, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Still no news on the Duchess of Cornwall ?

It does seem to be an awfully long time 'out of action'...
Old 01-03-2019, 11:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Still no news on the Duchess of Cornwall ?

It does seem to be an awfully long time 'out of action'...
Even if she has recovered, which I hope she has, its not a time we are likely to see them "in action" for some time.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Don't they normally head to Birkhall for the New Year?
Old 01-03-2019, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Thats right, they are typically at Birkhall for Hogmanny, and remain there for quite a lot of January.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Majesty

Isn't that where Harry and Meghan ended up after they saw the New Year in last year? Could be a nice place to spend time again with Charles and Camilla. I mention Camilla because usually, Charles walks, reads and paints and Camilla heads off for Grandma bucket and spade time with her grandchildren. However, this year she may take a little more time and rest after a bad case of flu.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Charles normally head straight to Birkhall from Sandringham - sometimes on Christmas Day itself and sometimes either on Boxing Day or the 27th.

Camilla goes to Raymill late on Christmas Day to spend time with her own children and grandchildren for Christmas.

She usually heads to Birkhall in time for New Year's Eve although she did miss at least one year when there was a major weather issue and people were asked not to travel unless absolutely necessary. I remember some of her detractors saying she should travel to be with Charles for NYE even though the authorities asked people, not just her, to not travel. I have even seen this incident used as evidence that she and Charles are effectively separated ... wishful thinking of course.

They then usually remain in Scotland for most of January with the odd engagement south of the border (although the FE and the Prince of Wales website diary have no engagements listed for either of them for the rest of the year ... let alone January. They both listed Charles' engagement on the 1st but nothing for either or them coming up.)