General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not surprising. Charles and Camilla always go to Birkhall (on the Balmoral estate) for Easter and with their overseas visit being cancelled they can go up a few days early. They usually are in Scotland for about a month around Easter time. Charles spends more time in Scotland than anyone else - December-January (from just after Christmas until mid-late January), March-April (about a month), August and September

Scotland is magnificent - if you have to be quarantined, it's as good a place as any. I hate that it has to be this way, but this might be a chance for Charles to relax a bit as he's such a hard worker; he's tough to slow down. Maybe he can even Skype with George, Charlotte and Louis (kind of, lol).......

Would it not be nice if George, Charlotte, and Louis made Grandfather Charles homemade Easter cards?

Would it not be nice if George, Charlotte, and Louis made Grandfather Charles homemade Easter cards?
There is a big chance they will.
My girls drew paintings for their grandparents yesterday. I will post them today, as we can't visit them.

oh dear

"The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus"

Statement:

"The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus. He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual. The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland. The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.

"It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks."

Last edited:
My best wishes to POW, this is understandable considering his close contact recently. Glad the DOCo has not been infected.

Just come up on the BBC website. Thankfully it sounds as if he hasn't been too badly affected, and I assume he hasn't been near the Queen or Prince Philip.

The Prince was displaying Mild Symptoms but otherwise remains in 'good health", as per Clarence House.

Wishing the Prince a speedy recovery.

Wishing Charles a speedy recovery
I really hope he hasn't been near the Queen & Prince Charles

Wishing him a quick recovery. I am glad Duchess doesn’t have the virus.

"It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks."

Hopefully he himself wasn't contagious yet during the high number of engagements he carried out.

So, it's even better that they have been staying in Scotland for a little while now as that reduces the risk that he infected others.

Not surprising considering how many engagements he had done and how many people he had met. Wish him a quick recovery.

The Prince was displaying Mild Symptoms but otherwise remains in 'good health", as per Clarence House.

Wishing the Prince a speedy recovery.

Wishing him a speedy recovery!!

Wishing the prince a mild episode of Covid 19 and a speedy recovery. Let's just hope his fitness will help!

Inspite of his age, Charles has always been very fit and healthy and so I am no overly concerned at this moment. But even so, I was surprised to hear the news and wish him a quick recovery.

Sky News are saying that the last time Charles saw The Queen was on the 12th March ... which would be about the first day he may have been contagious.

It should also be remembered that he was at an engagement with Prince Albert in the time-frame that Albert may have been contagious (I am not saying that Charles caught this from Albert - just that they were both at the same event).

I too was shocked to hear that Charles has tested positive and push he recovers and that Camilla will hopefully not fall victim as well.

They not wanting to further discuss the The Queen is mildly unsettling. I wish Charles a very speedy recovery but I know this has to be nerve wreaking for all.

I also wonder now if William and Harry have been tested because no doubt they was also in contract with their father if they saying around March 13.

Last edited:
Get well soon,
I wish you good health and good luck

There is no discrimination with this virus. I wish the Prince of Wales a good recovery and hope it hasn't spread any further within his household.
It is a worrying time for everyone.

I really hope he will get well soon and Camilla wouldn't catch it too !

Oh nooooo .....
Wishing him a speedy recovery.
May God bless the Prince of Wales.

I just heard the news...my first reaction was “oh no!!!!”. I can’t believe it. Charles is healthy otherwise and I’m sure he’ll be ok, but this is scary as hell. Any talks of rifts in the BRF seem so silly now.

Wishing him a speedy recovery & very pleased to hear that somebody in their 70s can have a mild version. Does anybody know how he met the NHS criteria for testing in Scotland? I understood you couldn't get tested unless you were so ill you were in hospital or had been in contact with a confirmed case?

This is worrying news. The Prince is already 71 years old, but despite this he seems to have iron health.
I hope you recover quickly and have not contaminated anyone.

I hope for a quick recovery. So sad to hear this.

Last edited:
Wishing him a speedy recovery & very pleased to hear that somebody in their 70s can have a mild version. Does anybody know how he met the NHS criteria for testing in Scotland? I understood you couldn't get tested unless you were so ill you were in hospital or had been in contact with a confirmed case?

I am sure this will create more discussion but of course the moment he felt funny he was giving one of the hard to get tests. He is the heir. People will have thoughts about that especially as front line workers have been denied but it is what it is.

Charles met Prince Albert of Monaco on March 10th, so yes he was in contact with a confirmed case.
There's a "special treatment" for heads of States, MP's and their families anyway. Sounds unfair for the average Joe but it's done for the sake of the State continuity ...

He has been in contact with a confirmed case - Prince Albert of Monaco.

They were both at the same meeting on the 10th March and there were pictures of the two of them, on opposite of the table, when it was announced that Albert had been confirmed as having the virus.

He has been in contact with a confirmed case - Prince Albert of Monaco.

They were both at the same meeting on the 10th March and there were pictures of the two of them, on opposite of the table, when it was announced that Albert had been confirmed as having the virus.

I was worried about it when Albert announced he'd been diagnosed, though of course we don't know if that's how Charles contracted it

I get people being frustrated - my state is in desperate straits and our "president" has told us to F off because the governor hasn't been "nice enough" to him - but I have zero patience for people going on Twitter and being jerks about it, all but wishing anyone in the BRF to get sick. I block them immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom