General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question and I have no idea where to post it. I'm watching a clip from Good Morning Britain and they're talking about Charles possibly abdicating for William. One of the panelists said that if Charles abdicated the throne wouldn't go to William it would go to Andrew. I've never heard this before anyone know if this is true?

That is total garbage.

If Charles abdicated, which he won't, he would be treated as though dead for the line of succession which would then pass to William.

In 1936, the last time there was an abdication in the UK, there was some discussion about by-passing Prince Albert and Prince Henry as it was felt that Prince George, who had a son to be Prince of Wales may have been a better option but ... they simply followed the line of succession and decided that Prince Albert would become George VI.

Charles can't abdicate for his sons or grandchildren.

I have a question and I have no idea where to post it. I'm watching a clip from Good Morning Britain and they're talking about Charles possibly abdicating for William. One of the panelists said that if Charles abdicated the throne wouldn't go to William it would go to Andrew. I've never heard this before anyone know if this is true?

I’m intrigued as to who gave out this hilariously incorrect information?

A very heartfelt message from the Prince Of Wales :previous:

Great that Charles has made a statement. I agree that it was very thoughtfully written.

I think the statement was well made by Charles and, to me, seems to be off the cuff rather than a prepared statement. Several times he'd state *I* and then amend it to "we" to include his wife. It came directly from his heart though.

Speaking of Charles abdicating, there are a bunch of new polls out tomorrow (I guess today in the Uk, lol), one of which is indicates that a majority of the public wants William to be the next king, with only 20% in favor of his succeeding his mother (remainder are undecided). I get that he’s never recovered from the Diana years, but is this something to be concerned about? Of course he’s not going to abdicate, but it’s very clear that he won’t have the support of the people. The Daily Express has a huge issue out with all sorts of polls and articles - and they speculate that maybe the public is angry with Charles for finding Harry. It does seem like he’s taking some blame for this “crisis”, though really, the BRF sod nothing wrong. It’s not on them that Harry and Meghan split. Dickie Arbiter said the below, and I agree with him, but that doesn’t help if Charles becomes king of an angry and disappointed public

Skipping a generation sets a dangerous precedent and could lead to calls for George, who would be in his late sixties or seventies the time his father's reign came to an end, to step aside for his heir be it a son or a daughter.

The saying “if it ain’t broke why fix it” must apply to succession.

William's turn will come, meanwhile Charles will succeed his mother and if the past couple of decades are anything to go by the monarchy will be in safe hands.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...rince-charles-succession-queen-dickie-arbiter

Speaking of Charles abdicating, there are a bunch of new polls out tomorrow (I guess today in the Uk, lol), one of which is indicates that a majority of the public wants William to be the next king, with only 20% in favor of his succeeding his mother (remainder are undecided).

Perhaps I'm missing an article so where did you get those figures? I can see this poll in The Express showing:
"45 percent agree they want the succession to skip a generation when the Queen dies. Twenty percent of those questioned disagreed with the remainder undecided."

That's hardly changed in 10 years.
"In 2010 a YouGov poll asked whether Charles should make way for William to become king with 44 percent saying he should and 37 percent saying he should not."
https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...t-Royal-family-news-prince-william-succession

Speaking of Charles abdicating, there are a bunch of new polls out tomorrow (I guess today in the Uk, lol), one of which is indicates that a majority of the public wants William to be the next king, with only 20% in favor of his succeeding his mother (remainder are undecided). I get that he’s never recovered from the Diana years, but is this something to be concerned about? Of course he’s not going to abdicate, but it’s very clear that he won’t have the support of the people.

But clear answers to your main two questions;

Is this something to be concerned about? - No.

It’s very clear that he won’t have the support of the people? - Is it? Because what you’ve presented is a snapshot poll taken in less than a week at a time of slight discontent amongst the monarchy.

I wouldn’t speak on behalf of everyone, when you do not know everyone’s answer.

Sidenote: I hope you mean William succeeding his grandmother, though that mistake wouldn’t be surprising in the Express.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the grounds that his hair looks a bit like Camilla's?! And he claims that his eyes were "tampered with" to make them a different colour? I'm amazed that even the Mail on Sunday would report such utter rubbish! Charles and Camilla didn't even know each other when this guy was born.

Poor fellow. This far fetched story is not new but him losing his job due to workplace bullying is.
Adopted people (and all people) should have access to their own biological background.

Some adopted people could care less who their biological parents were. I'm one of them. However, I do have access to my genetic background through DNA testing which I have had done. Turns out my dad's genes and my genes trace back the same area of Ireland. That was a hoot to find out!

About the guy who thinks he's the son of Charles and Camilla. Looking at the picture of him as a younger man, he looks more like a Bee Gee than he does Charles and Camilla. :D

These eco groups need to get a grip on themselves and stop acting like eco police ..I completely agree with Robert Jobson:

The stories suggesting #PrinceCharles is a hypocrite for using helicopters & flights for official engagements are misplaced. Any decisions over transport are not his and governed by time constraints, distance and security. He is a climate change visionary and should be lauded.

These eco groups need to get a grip on themselves and stop acting like eco police ..I completely agree with Robert Jobson:

It's the press who are the main police of BRF members' movements & they contact eco groups for statements about the impact. Then they get the republic groups to add their criticisms. Eco groups have every right to comment about the environmental impact of BRF travel, and republic campaigners are free to add their critiques too. I do sympathise with Charles though & was pleased that Clarence House issued a statement about it.

It's the press who are the main police of BRF members' movements & they contact eco groups for statements about the impact. Then they get the republic groups to add their criticisms. Eco groups have every right to comment about the environmental impact of BRF travel, and republic campaigners are free to add their critiques too. I do sympathise with Charles though & was pleased that Clarence House issued a statement about it.

Obviously it’s a free country and they have the right to criticize, but I don’t have to like it; I don’t like it when constant policing of people happens in America, either. Apparently these groups would like it if everyone went back to the days of the horse and buggy....

I do agree that the press is the conduit - they don’t need to report on these things, but they do. I don’t read any such articles anymore ...

Obviously it’s a free country and they have the right to criticize, but I don’t have to like it; I don’t like it when constant policing of people happens in America, either. Apparently these groups would like it if everyone went back to the days of the horse and buggy....

I do agree that the press is the conduit - they don’t need to report on these things, but they do. I don’t read any such articles anymore ...

No you don't have to like it Betsy & I don't for a minute suggest you shouldn't voice your displeasure about anything.:flowers:

I belong to an eco group but we're looking to the future (green energy) rather than asking people to go back to horse & buggy (we'd say horse & cart). I'm a huge admirer of Charles' work on the environment & have been for many years. I based my own wildflower meadow on the Royal Meadow at Highgrove (tailored slightly to my area) & I buy my seeds from the same people Charles does. I'm always interested in the green things he's doing at his homes & do what I can. Like Charles though, I'm not perfect (far from it) & I don't mind a bit of criticism and/or suggestions as to how I can do better. (I'm quite heavily 'policed' myself by my adult children who thankfully don't live with me any more!).

No you don't have to like it Betsy & I don't for a minute suggest you shouldn't voice your displeasure about anything.:flowers:

I belong to an eco group but we're looking to the future (green energy) rather than asking people to go back to horse & buggy (we'd say horse & cart). I'm a huge admirer of Charles' work on the environment & have been for many years. I based my own wildflower meadow on the Royal Meadow at Highgrove (tailored slightly to my area) & I buy my seeds from the same people Charles does. I'm always interested in the green things he's doing at his homes & do what I can. Like Charles though, I'm not perfect (far from it) & I don't mind a bit of criticism and/or suggestions as to how I can do better. (I'm quite heavily 'policed' myself by my adult children who thankfully don't live with me any more!).

I’m sorry, I did not mean to make it sound like you implied I couldn’t voice my opinion - my comment sounded harsher than I meant. I was just trying to explain that I didn’t mean to imply in my initial comments that these groups don’t have the right to their opinion - I just disagree with them.

I love what eco groups do - but I don’t really understand why they are killing Charles, who is also trying to save the planet. If he needs to use jets or however to get to locations, so be it. I’m not directing this to you, but some of these types of groups get incredibly self-righteous, and I seriously dislike that. Jobson’s tweet says it all. These groups have no idea about Charles’ itinerary and the constraints he’s dealing with. For me, their message is lost when they do this...

Oh and I’m not implying that Charles is perfect...by no means!

Well, the virus may have hit too close to home for the BRF ...Prince Albert of Monaco has tested positive (I hope he recovers quickly); Charles sat opposite him recently at a discussion on climate change, and it’s likely that the Princes chatted, if not shook hands/greeted each other.

This is very scary stuff - Charles needs to get tested ASAP. Poor man - this puts any infighting about Megxit in perspective. I hope he’s going to be ok!

Prince Charles has always had a thing for double breasted coats...

Another lovely photo!

Wonderful photo and look back in time.

Last edited:
That is not surprising. Charles and Camilla always go to Birkhall (on the Balmoral estate) for Easter and with their overseas visit being cancelled they can go up a few days early. They usually are in Scotland for about a month around Easter time. Charles spends more time in Scotland than anyone else - December-January (from just after Christmas until mid-late January), March-April (about a month), August and September

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom