General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilla seems to have been out of action for quite some time just for a cold. I hope it's nothing more serious.
It was noted on the Mens Fashion thread that Charles was looking less than his usual dapper self.

Camilla seems to have been out of action for quite some time just for a cold. I hope it's nothing more serious.
It was noted on the Mens Fashion thread that Charles was looking less than his usual dapper self.

I read it's more than a cold but a bad case of flu ...
We wish her a speedy recovery

Still no news on the Duchess of Cornwall ?

It does seem to be an awfully long time 'out of action'...

Still no news on the Duchess of Cornwall ?

It does seem to be an awfully long time 'out of action'...

Even if she has recovered, which I hope she has, its not a time we are likely to see them "in action" for some time.

Don't they normally head to Birkhall for the New Year?

Thats right, they are typically at Birkhall for Hogmanny, and remain there for quite a lot of January.

Isn't that where Harry and Meghan ended up after they saw the New Year in last year? Could be a nice place to spend time again with Charles and Camilla. I mention Camilla because usually, Charles walks, reads and paints and Camilla heads off for Grandma bucket and spade time with her grandchildren. However, this year she may take a little more time and rest after a bad case of flu.

Charles normally head straight to Birkhall from Sandringham - sometimes on Christmas Day itself and sometimes either on Boxing Day or the 27th.

Camilla goes to Raymill late on Christmas Day to spend time with her own children and grandchildren for Christmas.

She usually heads to Birkhall in time for New Year's Eve although she did miss at least one year when there was a major weather issue and people were asked not to travel unless absolutely necessary. I remember some of her detractors saying she should travel to be with Charles for NYE even though the authorities asked people, not just her, to not travel. I have even seen this incident used as evidence that she and Charles are effectively separated ... wishful thinking of course.

They then usually remain in Scotland for most of January with the odd engagement south of the border (although the FE and the Prince of Wales website diary have no engagements listed for either of them for the rest of the year ... let alone January. They both listed Charles' engagement on the 1st but nothing for either or them coming up.)

This is sort of a rhetorical question, but why can't I Google Prince Charles without seeing numerous articles speaking to his poor relationship with William and Harry (past, present.......anything)? It's so frustrating.....

It helps when doing a Google search to add a bit more specifics. For example: Prince Charles arts or Prince Charles gardens. It narrows the field of information to what you're specifically looking for.

Another thing with Google search, its *smart*. If you've previously read a lot of information on Prince Charles and his relationship with his sons, Google remembers that and will pull that up first for you.

Perhaps the mods can move this to the appropriate thread.

Wow, 14 years! Charles and Camilla look so happy and the photo is unashamedly 'romantic' and Charles and Camilla have never looked happier. It's interesting that they chose Alex Lubomirsky for the official photo as he certainly has an eye for catching loving looks and historical moments in a relatable way.

Proof of his skill was the "Family" photo at H&M' s wedding. With only one member of Meghan's family present it was balanced in such a way that you didn't notice the disparity. That is a rare gift and perhaps the reason he is so successful.

Given time and Royal Family events, he could find himself behind the camera recording far greater historical moments in time.

I can't believe it's been 14 years already. Charles has seemed genuinely happy and relaxed with Camilla now and it's always great to see them together. They're both wonderful grandparents (to both Charles's grandchildren and Camilla's grandchildren - remember at the Cambridge wedding back in 2011 when Charles helped Camilla's granddaughter Eliza see better on the balcony?). I love the new photo - the black and white makes for a more natural setting IMO.

I am sorry to be off topic but I could not find any other more relevant thread to ask if anyone knows how I might be able to watch the documentary "Charles at 70" online? The ABC here isn't showing it anymore, and neither is BBC1, PBS etc etc. I even checked PoW site but it just links to BBC1. I've even tried googling to see it's available for sale but can't find anything that way either. Appreciate any help or pointers in the right direction.

:previous: It's a mystery. I've just done some googling and I can't find any record of it being available here anywhere. If you have an all-region DVD you can get a copy from the UK on eBay at a reasonable price. I cannot imagine why the ABC Shop isn't selling it. There must be at least a few people in Oz who would like one.

Thank you Roslyn and Iluvbertie. I will get it from fishpond. :) It should be the right format for me but I can get an all format dvd player too if necessary, probably time I had one anyway. It is a bit surprising ABC hasn't got it but they can be weird with their decisions sometimes.

Thanks again, will be looking forward to my mail in the next couple of weeks :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: I echo this sentiment only with me its rural USA. :lol:

Never mind rural, I live in a city where a significant percentage of the women wear sunscreen on a daily basis and save the makeup for dressing up.

Vin + Omi team up with Prince Charles to launch clothing line made of nettles

Unlikely collaboration results in ‘wispy, airy’ and sustainable fabric, made from Highgrove weeds

What began with small talk between Prince Charles and the sustainable fashion pioneers Vin + Omi over a Victoria sponge will next month result in dresses made out of nettles from the prince’s Highgrove estate hitting the London fashion week catwalk.

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion...arles-to-launch-clothing-line-made-of-nettles

What an utterly, marvelous idea! I found it amusing that Vin states “Fifteen years ago, people called us hippies” As a hippie relic, weed was to be smoked. Now they're for making clothing. Then again, hemp fiber has been used for centuries. :D

You never know what pie Charles is going to get his finger into next. He always amazes me coming up with stuff that is "outside of the box".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom