General News for Charles III and Queen Camilla, Part 1: September 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
UK_zps6c589394.png

Arms of The British Monarch

Welcome to King Charles III and Queen Camilla's
General News Thread, Part One

Commencing September 8, 2022

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Finally, indeed!

Finally, King Charles will be able to mourn his mother's death in private. These days after the funeral, without such a busy schedule, will do he good to be able to mourning.

Private time and mourning might do them some good, but the red boxes will still be coming every day.

Private time and mourning might do them some good, but the red boxes will still be coming every day.

The boxes don't ask you to smile and you can do them in pajamas.

I’m happy to hear the King is off for some time out of the public eye. I was thinking earlier about the sheer number of people he’s had to deal with since his mother’s death and it’s kind of overwhelming. For me, it wouldn’t be the walkabouts with the public that would be so bad - Charles can probably do those in his sleep by now. But there have been so many encounters where he’s had to be ‘on’ and attempt to be engaging, with the endless line of government leaders, Commonwealth leaders, religious leaders, extended family, foreign royalty and on and on.

He looked like he was running on fumes at the funeral. I hope he recognizes he needs to physically and mentally rest..

Posts about future state visits and tours have been moved to a new thread, which you can find here.

"His Majesty The King’s Red Box ��

The Red Box contains papers from government ministers in the UK and the Realms and from representatives from the Commonwealth and beyond. The documents are sent from the Private Secretary’s Office to The King, wherever he may be in residence, in a locked red despatch box.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth received Red Boxes, which were made upon her Coronation in 1952, almost every day of her reign, including weekends and holidays, but excluding Christmas Day."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci3XqGSsT2z/?hl=el

Wonder when some new official portraits will be released ...

Wonder when some new official portraits will be released ...

Probably sooner, rather than later. They will need images they can use ahead of the coronation.

Probably sooner, rather than later. They will need images they can use ahead of the coronation.

They will also need official photographs for Embassies/High Commissions and government buildings as well as profile photographs to use for money at the very least.

Who knows - while at Birkhall he may even be sitting for his first official 'painted' portrait as King and even have a day for 'official photographs' in different clothes and settings to be released from now to the end of the year.

I am surprised that King Charles and the Queen Consort went back to Scotland. I thought they would have been too busy with decision making and needed to stay in or near London, the capital city. Face-to-face communication is usually the best.

I assume a lot of the decisions can be made either straight away based on Charles' personal choice - e.g. like the cypher or need time for staff to collate the options available so they can present them to Charles when he returns. It may also be no bad thing for him to be away from London and a bit more secluded at Birkhall so there is no undue influence from staff/circumstances etc in London, a clear head, in a rather more secluded place to make the right decisions for the future.

On the royal cypher I assume Mbruno means. The late Queen had a representation of St Edwards crown on her Royal cypher but monarchs from 1902 until her reign had used the same crown emblem as Charles' which is called "The Tudor Crown" it is not thought based on any physical crown.

The Crown on the late Queen's cypher can be seen here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Edward's_Crown

but Charles is using this one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tudor...wn,sovereign source of governmental authority.

Last edited:
In the King's cypher?

Well yes I got that. Just wasn’t aware it went anywhere apart from fact it wasn’t the Queens monogram. I wonder how many things it will actually get on. I got very excited once being in the west of Ireland spotting a post box, painted green and having Victorias cypher on it…with what looked like the St Edwards crown.

I am surprised that King Charles and the Queen Consort went back to Scotland. I thought they would have been too busy with decision making and needed to stay in or near London, the capital city. Face-to-face communication is usually the best.

This week was declared a week of mourning for the royal household so limited meetings etc and Charles did need time to grieve and he can do that best at a place he, and his late mother, loves/d - Balmoral.

I wasn't surprised at all. As we know it is not that hard to get back to London in an emergency and he had a lot of trusted staff in London to deal with anything that needed to be done.

Due to covid we have come to realise that zoom is just as effective as face to face so no need to be in London or in England and still be able to do everything that he needed to do while still in mourning.

It was also a sensible decision due to his workaholic nature. If in London he would feel compelled to be out and about and what he needed was some down time simply to reflect and adjust to what has happened and the whirlwind first 12 days after the death of his mother.

Well yes I got that. Just wasn’t aware it went anywhere apart from fact it wasn’t the Queens monogram. I wonder how many things it will actually get on. I got very excited once being in the west of Ireland spotting a post box, painted green and having Victorias cypher on it…with what looked like the St Edwards crown.

It will surely get on more things than this, Providence willing: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Postal_Station_K.jpg ("the only building in the country")

Although I have been by here and noticed it without Wiki.

This week was declared a week of mourning for the royal household so limited meetings etc and Charles did need time to grieve and he can do that best at a place he, and his late mother, loves/d - Balmoral.

I wasn't surprised at all. As we know it is not that hard to get back to London in an emergency and he had a lot of trusted staff in London to deal with anything that needed to be done.

Due to covid we have come to realise that zoom is just as effective as face to face so no need to be in London or in England and still be able to do everything that he needed to do while still in mourning.

It was also a sensible decision due to his workaholic nature. If in London he would feel compelled to be out and about and what he needed was some down time simply to reflect and adjust to what has happened and the whirlwind first 12 days after the death of his mother.

I agree very much with this assessment and I’m really glad they got that time. No one should be expected to be straight back to work right after the death of a parent, but they really had to, because part of honoring the Queen required them to work. They needed to rest after all of that, and I hope they did- though I suspect he was doing a lot of work behind the scenes even so.

I agree very much with this assessment and I’m really glad they got that time. No one should be expected to be straight back to work right after the death of a parent, but they really had to, because part of honoring the Queen required them to work. They needed to rest after all of that, and I hope they did- though I suspect he was doing a lot of work behind the scenes even so.

Agreed. I’m glad Charles- and the rest of the family- got some downtime. No doubt they needed it. I’m sure Charles stayed busy too, but at least it was behind closed doors.

It's beautiful in its simplicity. Made me think of his cousin, Queen Margrethe of Denmark, is an accomplished artist/designer that also creates monograms for her family, too.

It's a little too simple for Margrethe, though. Not that it doesn't look great, and obviously she didn't do this one (she did do Ingrid Alexandra's, so that's the personal one of a future sovereign), but you can tell that it isn't in her style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom