Friends of Prince Charles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't often think about Charles' friends. I suppose we should include Hugh van Custem, the Palmer-Tomkinsons, Lord Brabourne, Nicholas Soames, Jacob Rothschild ...

Alice Van Cutsem's dress is inappropriately short for the funeral of any person, let alone one's parent in law.

Yes, I noted that as well. It was as if Alice going on to a party afterwards.

Hugh's wife Emilie was a friend of Charles also, until the unfortunate matter of the seating arrangements at her eldest son's wedding came up. I wonder whether she is still in Charles's innermost circle?

Last edited:
Yes, I noted that as well. It was as if Alice going on to a party afterwards.

Hugh's wife Emilie was a friend of Charles also, until the unfortunate matter of the seating arrangements at her eldest son's wedding came up. I wonder whether she is still in Charles's innermost circle?

What happened there? :flowers:

When the daughter of the Duke of Westminster married a Van Custem son, a bunch of the royals were invited including the Queen and Philip. Charles wanted Camilla to sit with him and the other royals. This is before they were married or engaged so it's against protocol. So Charles and Camilla skipped the wedding. I don't how much say Mrs Custem had in the seating arrangements. Since the bride's family is usually in control. The wedding was held in Chester Cathedral with the reception at the Duke's estate.

The protocol was correct especially with the Queen in attendance. Camilla didn't have any official ties to Charles at time. You saw the same thing at William and Kate's wedding. Chesly Davy wasn't sitting with Harry as his girlfriend with the royal family but Mike Tindall was since he was engaged to Zara.

Alice Van Cutsem's dress is inappropriately short for the funeral of any person, let alone one's parent in law.

I assume you mean the second couple in the photo. She is indeed in quite a short skirt.

But that is Rose not Alice. I recognize her from the royal wedding, graces mom.

Edward and Tamara at the lead, followed by Rose and Hugh, Nicholas and Alice and William and Rosie.

Last edited:
When the daughter of the Duke of Westminster married a Van Custem son, a bunch of the royals were invited including the Queen and Philip. Charles wanted Camilla to sit with him and the other royals. This is before they were married or engaged so it's against protocol. So Charles and Camilla skipped the wedding. I don't how much say Mrs Custem had in the seating arrangements. Since the bride's family is usually in control. The wedding was held in Chester Cathedral with the reception at the Duke's estate.

The protocol was correct especially with the Queen in attendance. Camilla didn't have any official ties to Charles at time. You saw the same thing at William and Kate's wedding. Chesly Davy wasn't sitting with Harry as his girlfriend with the royal family but Mike Tindall was since he was engaged to Zara.
Because the Queen was attending the wedding, strict protocol was in force. I think it was unrealistic of Charles to expect to be seated with Camilla. It's remarkable to me that he is still peeved at Emilie VC.

Back
Top Bottom