Family of the Duchess of Cornwall 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura Rose Parker Bowles Lopes runs an art gallery in Belgravia. Husband Harry Lopes, an Old Etonian like Tom, is an accountant.

Maybe one should add that Harry Lopes, though he once was a model for underwear and is now an accountant, will in time being the 7th Baronet Lopes and 4th Baron Roborough, that his mother is an Astor from the American Astors of Waldorf Astoria-fame, that his direct ancestors include The Duke of Abercorn, The Duke of Bedford, The Duke of Gordon, The Duke of Richmond, The Earl Haig, The Earl of Minto, The Earl of Mount Edgcombe, The Earl of Albemarle, Viscount Astor, Baron Winmarleigh, Baron Churston, Baron Astor to name but a few. :flowers:

Yes indeed. Usually very small print and as a column filler on an inside page, where hopefully it will be overlooked by the average reader. :rolleyes:

But quite possibly a cheque's in the mail headed the Brigadier's way.

But quite possibly a cheque's in the mail headed the Brigadier's way.
In that case it would have to be a big cheque to keep that out of court. :whistling:

Ben Elliot
May 22

In 2000, British aristocrat Ben Elliot and his partners started Quintessentially, which they conceived as a luxury concierge service for their posh friends in London. (...)
Their success is largely due to the 31-year-old Elliot, whose seething ambition is masked by an understated charm and a knack for attracting press as one of Britain's more eligible bachelors. It doesn't hurt that he has dated a glittering array of models and starlets, and that his aunt is Camilla Parker-Bowles, otherwise known as the future Queen of England.

Ben Elliot: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

What an interesting history.

Especially the part about Edward VII and Alice Keppel.

I wonder if any of charles' & Camilla's future decendents have the same love story.....say in a hundred years. ;)

Alice Keppel just happened to be that last in a long line of mistresses.
He must have been old when she happened a long. His dog Caesar went to another mistress Lily Langtry. In fact as his coronation he had a special gallery for his mistresses and some witty being called it his "loose box".

Shand/Shand-Kydd

I was wondering whether or not Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall (nee Shand) was in any way related to Diana, Princess of Wales' step-father, Peter Shand-Kydd.

Frances Spencer, Viscountess Althorp, started an affair with teh former sheep farmer and heir to a wallpaper fortune, Peter Shand-Kydd. After leaving her family Frances married Peter in 1969. She died in 2003, and he died in 2006.

Camilla's father, Bruce, (an army officer and wine merchant) was born in London, to Phillip Shand, and married Rosalind Maud Cubitt in 1946.

Coincidentally, after the Shand Kydd's married, they lived in Sussex, where Camilla spent her youth.

I realize that surnames really don't mean much of anything, but it is just an interest of mine...

Last edited:
Peter Shand-Kydd wasn't just a sheep farmer--he was also the an heir to a wallpaper fortune.
I never really noticed the connection in the names, though. I believe that Shand is a Scottish desent name, though. That would be very interesting if a family connection was discovered between Camilla and Diana.

You might want to take a look at this Yahoo! Question/Answers page. Diana, Camilla and Sarah Ferguson are in fact (very) distant cousins since all are descendant from Charles Lennox.

So it was a right guess ;) even if I doubt the name Shand has got something to do with it.

Last edited:
I had heard that Peter Shand-Kydd was a distant cousin to Camilla, but they certainly aren't closely related. It is sort of ironic, though...(pensive)

Ben Elliot
May 22

In 2000, British aristocrat Ben Elliot and his partners started Quintessentially, which they conceived as a luxury concierge service for their posh friends in London. (...)
Their success is largely due to the 31-year-old Elliot, whose seething ambition is masked by an understated charm and a knack for attracting press as one of Britain's more eligible bachelors. It doesn't hurt that he has dated a glittering array of models and starlets, and that his aunt is Camilla Parker-Bowles, otherwise known as the future Queen of England.

Ben Elliot: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

Seems that Camilla has a close-knit family. I just realised that her and Charles' special aide Virginia Carington is the ex-wife of Camilla's uncle Lord Ashcombe, the brother of her mother.

camilla's family titles?

okay. this is the first time I've posted here so I'm not exactly sure if I'm doing this right, but anyway, I just wanted to ask:

does the members of camilla's family have titles? (e.g her son etc)

Last edited:
okay. this is the first time I've posted here so I'm not exactly sure if I'm doing this right, but anyway, I just wanted to ask:

does the rest of camilla's son have a title?
Welcome. :flowers: No, Tom, Camilla's son does not have a title. :flowers:

Just like her daughter.

After Camilla's mother family she came from Barons of Ashcombe, Earls of Albemarle or Baronets Edmonstone of Duntreath.

Could when Chales becomes King give Tom and Laura a title as an honour

He could give them countless titles. However, it is probably most unlikely.

Seems that Camilla has a close-knit family. I just realised that her and Charles' special aide Virginia Carington is the ex-wife of Camilla's uncle Lord Ashcombe, the brother of her mother.

Virginia Carington also shared a flat with Camilla in the early 1970s when Camilla worked as a secretary for a Mayfair interior design company. Which is presumably before Virginia married Lord Ashcombe. So as friends they go back a long way.

hi all. first day on this forum. can't believe ive found people who are crazy over the royal family, like me!
At the moment im trying to find a picture of Sonia Keppel, daughter of Alice. Just read that she was a probable daughter of Ed VII. Would love to hear what all you experts think. Keep digging up rare photos and facts :)

I haven't got any answer to your question, but welcome here, Jackie!

There are at least three found with a Google images search:
Sonia Cubitt, neé Keppel
(click the refresh button if the images don't appear)
pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

Last edited:
thanks for the link. have just bought the book 'edwardian daughter' must admit though, she doesn't bear any resemblence to the King or his issue.
Thanks again though. x

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. We finally seem to see the "Camilla is the next queen"-campaign at work. NotW prints about the topic, William tells that he is not available for any media campaign for the next five years, Tom Parker Bowles reminiscenses in the Mail about his ancestors creating a very positive atmo in the background of Camilla's. I really like that and I sincerely hope it works because I have a faible for Charles and Camilla and would love to see her as queen, which is her deserved position as the wife of the next king.

But you know that she can cook complete menus - so I guess she can.:ROFLMAO:

But you know that she can cook complete menus - so I guess she can.:ROFLMAO:
It makes me wonder, though, when does she have the time to cook anything and does she want to? And if she does, does she have a fight with the regular chef about it?

It makes me wonder, though, when does she have the time to cook anything and does she want to? And if she does, does she have a fight with the regular chef about it?

I think it has been reported that she keeps her own home, Raymill House, especially for weekends with her own family where she cooks sunday lunch and is just mamma/granny for all those who are invited. In one of the books about Charles the author describes the warm atmosphere in Camilla's kitchen when she cooked dinner for the family and when Camilla's husband Andrew came home he often found Charles sitting at the kitchen table while Camilla cooked, telling her of all his worries with Diana and receiving support.

I recall that I could immediately connect to this picture as I had already realised that an international superstar like Diana normally don't make an easy to please wife at home and while I knew next to nothing about Camilla back then I could imagine that it must have been something along this line of cozyness and support which gave Charles what he needed.

So, yes, she can cook but I guess she is normally too busy to do it herself but when the time is right, she cooks. IMHO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom