Family of the Duchess of Cornwall 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sad news. My condolences to Andrew and the families.

Oh dear, and only 68. How unfortunate.

Today the funeral service for Rosemary Parker Bowles has
taken place at the St Aldhelm's Catholic Church in Malmesbury,
Wiltshire.

Princess Anne and her husband Tim have been there as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages **

Thank you for these precious pix... especially about Laura and Sarah... I wouldn't have dreamt to see Laura again so soon after the birth....

No pictures of the DoC have surfaced yet. I am reasonably sure she would have attended.

Last edited by a moderator:
No pictures of the DoC have surfaced yet. I am reasonably sure she would have attended.

I think I saw a photo of Camilla at an official engagement that day. She was wearing her big Russian hat. Perhaps she didn't want to disappoint the people who were expecting her, if she didn't attend the funeral.

The Duchess will most likely attend the Remeberance Service later on in the year. Nice to see the Princess Royal there, her and APB have been close for a very long time. I wonder how different history would be if APB and Anne had gotten married all those years ago..

The Duchess will most likely attend the Remeberance Service later on in the year. Nice to see the Princess Royal there, her and APB have been close for a very long time. I wonder how different history would be if APB and Anne had gotten married all those years ago..

I thought the same but didn't think it would be appropriate to bring up seeing as his wife has just past away.
She may attend the service, but i don't see why she wouldn't attend the funeral aswell.

:previous:
Perhaps she felt it might cause too much media attention if she were there.

I'm sure she had a good reason for not attending. Rosemary was part of her extended family - her children's step-mother and the wife of the former husband with whom she is on good terms. I am sure she will be at the remembrance service later.

I'm pretty sure that Camilla and Andrew would have discussed it. And, since he's career military, he would have understood the call of duty.

Thank you for these precious pix... especially about Laura and Sarah... I wouldn't have dreamt to see Laura again so soon after the birth....
'

From all accounts Laura had a problem free delivery so I see no reason why she would not attend her stepmothers funeral.

'

From all accounts Laura had a problem free delivery so I see no reason why she would not attend her stepmothers funeral.

I agree - women these days are out and about within days and so they should be (unless there were complications).

Funny story. I like the idea of her starting a company of women mechanics, as women really do get taken advantage of in this area. Good on her!

How many grandchildren does Camilla have now?

I heard about her daughter having a child but I've lost track of all of Camilla's grandchildren now...any updates that someone can provide? Thank you.

I heard about her daughter having a child but I've lost track of all of Camilla's grandchildren now...any updates that someone can provide? Thank you.

Camilla has 4 grandchildren. Laura has 3 children, and Tom has 1, with another on the way.

Thank you, Muriel. I did not realize that her daughter, Laura, had 3 children now! So, Camilla will have five grandchildren when Tom's latest makes its appearance then.....

I don't know where to post these, but I accidently found some darling photos of Camilla as a child.

Pic 1 * Pic 2

I love Pic 2, she still has the same facial expression today!

How very mature and civilised of Andrew and Camilla to be able to get on like they appear to do despite past events

Last edited by a moderator:
Camilla is wonderful to attend this event, to stand by her ex-husband. :)
Did Princess Anne attend?

It is very nice to see the Duchess of Cornwall attending a memorial service for the wife of her ex-husband. What a nice smile she has in picture 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom