Family of the Duchess of Cornwall 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me wonder, though, when does she have the time to cook anything and does she want to? And if she does, does she have a fight with the regular chef about it?
I would think she cooks for her other family on a regular basis and even cooks fare she and Charles love whenever she can. Tom credits her with teaching him how to cook!:flowers:

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but who's Tom?

A woman who can't make soup should not be allowed to marry ... Foodie tips from Camilla's outspoken great-grandfather
A woman who can't make soup should not be allowed to marry ... Foodie tips from Camilla's outspoken great-grandfather | Mail Online
I wonder what prompted Mr. Parker Bowles to publish his article in Daily Mail. This paper is known for publishing unfavourable articles about his mother. Are more serious papers interested in his literary aspirations? In my opinion, his style of narration greatly likens to that of Mr. Anthony Bourdain (see Anthony Bourdain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

Tom writes a column in Daily Mail (or rather, in its sister paper The Mail on Sunday), so it is hardly a surprise he was published there. Both of his books, E Is For Eating - An Alphabet of Greed and The Year of Eating Dangerously enjoyed quite considerable success and were widely reported in quite a few newspapers, and not only in Britain. I remember reading a very long and favourable article on The Year of Eating Dangerously in a leading Australian newspaper while I was there on vacation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what prompted Mr. Parker Bowles to publish his article in Daily Mail. This paper is known for publishing unfavourable articles about his mother.
Have you not heard the saying - Keep your friends close, your enemies closer still!:D

And her great-grandparents were I believe a factory worker and a cleaner. On her mother's side she is the step great-niece of the 3rd Baron Ashcombe.
I found this on one quick search there are many more some more accurate than others. -------
Below is a short summary of the first fourteen generations of the ancestry of the current [2006] Princess of Wales (styled "HRH The Duchess of Cornwall"), using the standard Kekule method of ancestor-numbering (compiled by William Addams Reitwiesner)

Ancestry of the Duchess of Cornwall

Thank you for the link, Skydragon.:flowers: I didn't realise how many Scottish ancestors Camilla actually has. And some of the great families included. Plus I saw that she has lots of ancestors from the "Baronetage, quite some the first Baronets with high military titles, so honoured with their titles for their service for their country. An ancestry to be proud of!

This link doesn't seem to work and the site it came from also doesn't link through, I'm afraid.

This link doesn't seem to work and the site it came from also doesn't link through, I'm afraid.
It has also stopped for me but the link posted by Anna Z :)flowers:) is the same one and is, at the moment working. :flowers:
There is also this one :flowers:

News from the Parker Bowles side...

Daniela Parker Bowles (née Argiro), wife of Luke Derek Ian Parker
Bowles (b. 1978), scion of the Earls of Macclesfield, gave birth to a
daughter, Lily Grace, 23 February, 2009.

Luke is a son of Simon Humphrey Parker Bowles (b. 1941), of
Kensington, London, by his wife Carolyn, daughter of Sir (William) Ian
Potter, of Del Rio, Elizabeth Bay, Sydney, Australia, & Daniela is a
daughter of Mr & Mrs Mario Argiro, of Florida, United States.

Luke Parker Bowles is a nephew of Andrew Parker Bowles, first husband
of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall.

Luke is a son of Simon Humphrey Parker Bowles (b. 1941), of Kensington, London, by his wife Carolyn, daughter of Sir (William) Ian Potter, of Del Rio, Elizabeth Bay, Sydney, Australia...,.
[my bolding] off-topic but humorous gossip follows:
The late Sir Ian Potter was a very well known and even more generous philanthropist to a wide range of organisations in Australia.

The family name was somewhat tarnished however when his step-daughter, Primrose, was all set to marry an Australian-Egyptian "prince" in a lavish wedding in Venice when the groom eloped with the best man. No surprise really, since they had been living together for some time in Sydney. :D

Not to worry, after this unfortunate embarrassment and public ridicule, Primrose found herself an Australian-Polish count and is now happily Countess Krasicki. :)

:previous: There must surely be somthing in the Australian water. :devil2:

There's definitely a family resemblance in that first picture.:flowers: Thanks for this...I'd not seen a pic of Mr. Shand before.

I have never seen him before, come to think of it i didn't know she had a brother, oops. :ROFLMAO:
x

Hi Fitzgerald,

Was it common knowledge at Osborne House that Camilla was a descendant of Thomas Cubitt who built the house? Or was that only revealed when she visited with Charles?
Best Wishes,

Hello Bella Fay.

Hello Bella Fay,

No it wasn't common knowledge that Camilla was a descendant of Thomas Cubitt, now of course it is!. I've discovered since last Friday that some people were aware of that fact, but the majority (including myself) weren't,

Best Wishes,

Fitzgerald

I think the genealogists among us knew it and it's been discussed. It certainly wasn't a secret!

I had know idea that Camilla was related to Thomas Cubitt, what a coincidence that he designed Osbourne house for Victoria, and now Camilla has married a descendant of Victoria. :flowers:

Does somebody know the godparents of Lola and Eliza?

A spokeswoman for the Federation said: "The Duchess asked our chairman, Margaret Clarke, what she enjoyed about the garden and she said the boys' treehouse.

"She then said there were more grandchildren on the way and that she hoped they would play in the treehouse.

Prince Charles had the treehouse rebuilt several years ago. Princes William and Harry were grown by then, so he must have been thinking of his future grandchildren!

He is a legendary adventurer whose handsome good looks and smooth charm have seduced the likes of Marie Helvin, Bianca Jagger, Jackie Onassis's sister Lee Radziwill and Jackie's daughter, Caroline Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom