Diana/Charles/Camilla's Relationships Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to seem like a hypocrite. I did go to see the Queen Mother lying-in-state to pay my respects and I never met her - but that was done as a sign of my loyalty to her as a member of the Royal Family and as a past Queen. But Diana wasn't a member of the Royal Family - if anything, she'd damaged it completely. I thought it was disgusting that she was given a state funeral and I thought it was wrong for the Queen to bow to the coffin. Diana was treated as if she were a Dowager Empress and she wasn't. She was a nobody - she had no role in life. She had no job. She had no purpose. She was filling her life with men and bitterness. Why did she get a State Funeral and Princess Margaret didn't? I can understand showing respect and national mourning but not to the point of screaming, wailing and crowing over a complete stranger.

One never knows when there may be a person that speaks the other language you are using in front of him/her.

I think you'll find that in the interview and on the application forms, you are asked which languages you speak. I think you can work out the rest.

You grieve personally and publicly for those who are important to you Sam. :)

You and I are alike in that respect, we base it off our own personal beliefs..

BeatrixFan said:
I don't want to seem like a hypocrite. I did go to see the Queen Mother lying-in-state to pay my respects and I never met her - but that was done as a sign of my loyalty to her as a member of the Royal Family and as a past Queen. But Diana wasn't a member of the Royal Family - if anything, she'd damaged it completely. I thought it was disgusting that she was given a state funeral and I thought it was wrong for the Queen to bow to the coffin. Diana was treated as if she were a Dowager Empress and she wasn't. She was a nobody - she had no role in life. She had no job. She had no purpose. She was filling her life with men and bitterness. Why did she get a State Funeral and Princess Margaret didn't? I can understand showing respect and national mourning but not to the point of screaming, wailing and crowing over a complete stranger.

She had quite an important role as the mother of the future king. She did great humanitarian work. I call that a job.

You and I are alike in that respect, we base it off our own personal beliefs..

Exactly. When the late Pope died I was mortified. Because of the religious meaning and my views and beliefs on the Papacy. And I mourned the Queen Mother because of my views on Monarchy - it's a personal thing but I do believe in a certain amount of stiff upper lip and keeping one's dignity. I'm afraid I'm still in the funeral veil and no tears era when it comes to grief.

She had quite an important role as the mother of the future king. She did great humanitarian work. I call that a job.

A womb and a public face interfering in something that had nothing to do with her and caused political problems - how could I have been blind to the legacy she left. Why, I think it's a travesty she hasn't been canonised.

I teared up when the Queen Mother passed on...she was living history, an icon....never to be seen again...

People grieve for those who they felt a connection with...it is perfectly normal thing to do, whether they knew them personally or not...

I agree with Elspeth...this thread needs to be closed. Where is Ysbel when you need her!

Despite what anyone says about respecting others opinions..no one does. BeatrixFan, and Skydragon you have made your feelings for Diana really clear. As have others (Tiarapin, myself, etc.). We just going around in circles. You are not going to change how your view Diana (and you don't have to its your opinion). But this is really pointless.

Anyway....moving on.....;)

None of them were saints in their past actions...I am sure all will agree with at least that..

I agree Zonk. Just for the record - Lady M and I get on very well so I hope anyone on here doesn't see any thread as a 'them' and 'us'! I think it's so sad that people can't hear another opinion and have a decent debate on it. If someone says something against a Royal, there are cries for moderators - where are all the thick skins around here?

BeatrixFan said:
I agree Zonk. Just for the record - Lady M and I get on very well so I hope anyone on here doesn't see any thread as a 'them' and 'us'! I think it's so sad that people can't hear another opinion and have a decent debate on it. If someone says something against a Royal, there are cries for moderators - where are all the thick skins around here?

Yes we do get along, the kid has some great one-liners!!! :)

And I mean kid in a respectable way.. :)

Sam and I have fun on here and I agree with him...it is not "us" vs. "them"....it should not be....and we may disagree, but if we do not insult each other directly...we are good then..

Last edited:
Zonk1189 said:
I agree with Elspeth...this thread needs to be closed. Where is Ysbel when you need her!

Despite what anyone says about respecting others opinions..no one does. BeatrixFan, and Skydragon you have made your feelings for Diana really clear. As have others (Tiarapin, myself, etc.). We just going around in circles. You are not going to change how your view Diana (and you don't have to its your opinion). But this is really pointless.

Zonk, I believe You and I could be twins in our way of thinking. This thread should be closed.

BeatrixFan...It is sad. On any other topic I believe people can have decent discussion but anything with Charles, Camilla and Diana is just plain posion.

Again..I don't have to like your opinion but I respect your right to have one. On the other hand, it does get distressing when people ridicule your likes and dislikes, whether or not you feel anything when a particular person dies, etc. You like Camilla and you have your reasons..others like Diana and they have theirs. No one's particular reason is more important than the others. Now onto another thread.

Lady Marmalade said:
Yes we do get along, the kid has some great one-liners!!! :)

Sam and I have fun on here and I agree with him...it is not us vs. them....it should not be....and we may disgree, but if we do not insult each other directly...we are good then..

I admire your great magnanimous attitude Lady Marmalade! However, I feel it is a utopian dream to ever accomplish a "non us vs. them" thread. It just isn't possible. Opinions and emotions run too high.

well people, our points never will agree, never. Us loved diana and another many people loved camilla, here diana was insulted many times.
But no everybody can to be agree with all.
I love diana more than to my own life, but I respect onother opinions about her from camilla's fan while they are not insults.

BeatrixFan said:
If someone says something against a Royal, there are cries for moderators - where are all the thick skins around here?

I quite agree!.

<Sigh>

I sometimes feel like I am in the middle of a Security Council meeting at the U.N. :)

These issues will always go round and round and there will never be a so called majority on either side...

Who was the person who decided to start this thread anyway????? :)

It was like pumping gasoline (petrol ;)) into a running car....you must have known it would explode...

Not to call anyone out...but it was blondebeauty123 :)

Well, I intend to keep my wording as civil as humanly possible and not call Charles and Camilla names, either implied or directly typed.

I would appreciate the same for Diana as well going forward.

It is that type of behavior which upsets everyone, meaning all of us on all sides...

Re:

I know you do darling. And for an elderly american - you're not too bad either ;) - There are lots of people on this board who I chat with through PM - one is a Marxist who believes in the seperation of Church and State and no Monarch. I'm a staunch Autocrat who believes that the Crown and the Church should be the highest authorities in the land. But we get on like a house on fire. Why? Because we know when to agree to disagree and we don't try and convert one another to our theories on life.

LOL!!! :)

Thank you...good one...my cat jumped when I let that laugh out!!! :)

I can't laugh too loud or my dog goes mad. She's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Poodle - you work it out.

BeatrixFan said:
I can't laugh too loud or my dog goes mad. She's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Poodle - you work it out.

I would never have thought those two would get on, she sounds sweet though!

Okay..I know this is totally off topic...but BeatrixFan..can you post a picture of your dog. I have a Shihtzu (Bailey) who I totally adore. Except when he wants to go sniffing when doing late night walks :)

My latest addition currently living with my sister whilst I train this little monkey;

Does this mean I can post pics of my cat and dog?:confused: ;)

Am I cruel for putting him in goggles? Yes I am.

Sorry Elspeth - I was bowing to public demand.

He is adorable! THANKS :) And no you are not cruel...one of my girlfriends has Bailey's brother (his name is kIkO) and he wears all kinds of stuff. Halloween outfits, little red hats during Christmas. The whole lot!

Zonk1189 said:
He is adorable! THANKS :) And no you are not cruel...one of my girlfriends has Bailey's brother (his name is kIkO) and he wears all kinds of stuff. Halloween outfits, little red hats during Christmas. The whole lot!

Hey Zonk, my black lab dresses up for every holiday with a decorative bandana and on Christmas he wears reindeer antlers:p We tell him he is the 9th reindeer:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom