Diana/Charles/Camilla's Relationships Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
diana and camilla are friends? I know that lunch together one time before diana's wedding but I dont's know if was friends, i don't think so.

They were acquiantences and on affable terms. They werent close friends but they got a long and did things together.

mmm I don't know. never read nothing about this.

Princejonnhy25 said:
They were acquiantences and on affable terms. They werent close friends but they got a long and did things together.

I believe that Camilla offered Diana genuine friendship but, I dont think the age difference would have enabled them to be close friends.:)

Skydragon said:
I believe that Camilla offered Diana genuine friendship but, I dont think the age difference would have enabled them to be close friends.:)

camilla offered friendhip to the wife of the man she love? ha ha ha funny!

Corazon, do you have something substantive to say, or are you just going to ridicule other people's posts?

no, only for my is a funny thing that a women want be close friend of another women that is the wife of the man she love. only I think that is rare.

She did not want to be close friends. Just friends. Camilla is a very freindly person who like to interact and make friendships. She loved Charles yes, but loveing someone doesnt mean haveing a sexual relationship. And Corazon, be a bit more openminded. Its obvious you dont look at anything besides the tragic Di. Diana was always miserable and Charles caused it. Be a bit more open minded and realistic and dont make fun of other peoples post. This thread needs to be intellectual not childesh otherwise its useless.

you can be sure that my maind is VERY open. camilla lunch with diana one time, before the wedding m(camilla invited to diana when diana move on to buckingham palace) and was the unique time.
And I speak MANY times about diana defects. for camilla diana heve to be like andrew (andrew parker bowel still is charles's friend) but diana was 19 years old and was some inmadure. but camilla never can controlate diana and diana NEVER want be camilla's friend.

one more thing, may be you're right and in the time of charles's wedding not have a relationship sexual, but the LOVE not ever is sexuality and then was in love EVER, with sex or not, the love ever was the same.

Personally, I have always believed that if Diana, Princess of Wales had'nt died then her relationship with the Prince of Wales would have (in time) made remarkable progress with mutual respect and support towards each other restored (to the best of their ability). I really do think they would have become friends which of course would have been fantastic.

No doubt Diana would have continued with her many patronages and humanitarian work whilst Charles carried on with the environmental and youth work he is known for today.

I mean, there were already signs (so I am led to believe) that their relationship had taken a turn for the better after the divorce. Charles went to Kensington Palace with a bunch of flowers for Diana on her birthday with a card attatched and are said to have shared a joke or a laugh on the staircase, just a year or two before her untimely death.

"MII"

I believe that Camilla offered Diana genuine friendship but, I dont think the age difference would have enabled them to be close friends.

This is not directed at you personally Skydragon, just my view on the Diana/Camilla relationship...

To me, to offer friendship & council to the wife of the man you love seems to be a very, very unwise move and one cant help but think that a motive would have played a part right from the beginning if this is so.

I mean, the idea of Camilla befriending Diana seems such a foreign notion to me; thats not to say that they could'nt be polite and accommodating when in each others company.

Either way the late Princess of Wales is just that and I shall always remember her fondly and with much effection but one must also look to the future and the reality is that the Duchess of Cornwall is just that and as the wife of Her Majesty's heir is to be accorded the style, title (currently) and dignity of such a position.

I would be lying if I said I haven't found it all rather vexing & at times somewhat hard to accept but as a devoted subject of HM the Queen I feel that if my Sovereign Lady can accept it then I shall make an honest & true attempt myself.

In saying this, I still support the title & position of 'Princess Consort' 110% ;) :D

"MII"

Margrethe II said:
To me, to offer friendship & council to the wife of the man you love seems to be a very, very unwise move and one cant help but think that a motive would have played a part right from the beginning if this is so.
I mean, the idea of Camilla befriending Diana seems such a foreign notion to me; thats not to say that they could'nt be polite and accommodating when in each others company.

"MII"

I don't think Charles and Camilla were in love at the time, they just loved each other. I think there is a difference.
Camilla was a good friend to Virginia, neither were prone to having a hissy fit.

I think Camilla wanted Charles to be happy and therefore wanted Diana to be happy. I believe Camilla would have tried her best to be a friend to Diana, as did a lot of Charles friends, apparently.:)

Skydragon said:
I don't think Charles and Camilla were in love at the time, they just loved each other. I think there is a difference.

I believe they were in love, but again this is something we shall never really know I guess :)

"MII"

Margrethe II said:
.... one cant help but think that a motive would have played a part right from the beginning if this is so.
"MII"
I think the motive was to put the Parker-Bowles back into the "friends and neighbours" box. Charles and Diana, Camilla and Andrew could all be friends together in future. But Di wasn't emotionally mature enough to tolerate such a sophisticated arrangement.

una said:
I think the motive was to put the Parker-Bowles back into the "friends and neighbours" box. Charles and Diana, Camilla and Andrew could all be friends together in future. But Di wasn't emotionally mature enough to tolerate such a sophisticated arrangement.

Charles, Camilla and Andrew were all very good friends and I think wanted Diana to become part of the adult social circle they, along with other friends, all belonged to. Diana's friends were all very young and immature.
What a 20 year old believes and understands is totally different from someone over 30, over 40, over 50 etc.

Last edited:
Obviously...we are all immature when we were 20...not in a bad way, but just in a normal, getting out of teen years and transitioning to adulthood way.

We can only speculate what would have happened had she lived.

I think, as it was mentioned earlier, Charles and Diana's relationship improved greatly after the final divorce decree.

There was even some reports that he had written a letter to her asking her if she would like to join him and the boys for some outing back in 1997 before she died and signed it with love...in an affectionate way. Obviously she never received it.

I think she was really starting to move on after the divorce. The chains were off and she was moving into a more stable way of life for herself. I think had she lived and the same amount of time had passed, and Camilla and Charles married, she would not have cared at all.

Time has a way of healing....and her boys would have been her priority as they always had been.

I do sincerely believe they loved each other in their own way of which none of us know about or have the right to speculate about.

She is gone, he is remarried, leave the past as the past....

Margrethe II said:

"MII"

I was speaking to a group of friends today and one of them admitted she had been jealous of one of the other women, because she had been engaged to her now, ex husband. She never for a moment thought anything was going on but, was jealous of the closeness that they shared, the in jokes and talk of people she didn't really know.
20 years down the line, she said she looks back and laughs but, should have asked her for ALL his faults!:)

Margrethe II said:
This is not directed at you personally Skydragon, just my view on the Diana/Camilla relationship...

Either way the late Princess of Wales is just that and I shall always remember her fondly and with much effection but one must also look to the future and the reality is that the Duchess of Cornwall is just that and as the wife of Her Majesty's heir is to be accorded the style, title (currently) and dignity of such a position.

I would be lying if I said I haven't found it all rather vexing & at times somewhat hard to accept but as a devoted subject of HM the Queen I feel that if my Sovereign Lady can accept it then I shall make an honest & true attempt myself.

In saying this, I still support the title & position of 'Princess Consort' 110% ;) :D

"MII"

What makes you think Camilla was in love with Charles when he married Diana?

ysbel said:
What makes you think Camilla was in love with Charles when he married Diana?
absolutly, both are in love when charles married with diana.

Ysbel asked why you thought that. Repeating the original statement isn't responding to the question of why you feel the way you do.

I've closed the thread "Will Camilla ever be Queen?"

Don't even think about bringing your wars back to this thread, or it'll be closed as well.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator.

I am wondering the point of this thread. As for the previous thread, there was a simple answer, Camilla will be HM Queen Consort, what she calls herself when the time comes is the RF's desicion. That was a easy question and it did blow up into a huge debate with me partaking in it. I am sorry for that. As for this love triangle, the marriage didnt last, the went there seperate ways and both had lovers. They divorced and made peace and put that chapter of their lives behind them and so should everyone else. There is no point in continuing talking about a soap opera the press created when nothing valid can come out of it. The love triangle and disaster is over with and discussing it and going over the same thing and wondering whos fault it is is getting nowhere. That chapter is gone and lingering on the past gets you no where. Lets look at the present. Diana is in a better place. Right now we have Charles and Camilla who are doing a great job. We should pay attention to them and their future. Not lingering on a past the was dealed with. My two cents. I think it also got a little crazy cause there hasnt really been any current event in a while.

It was an unfortune that Charles and Camilla cannot marry at the first place in 1970s because she was not regarded as a marriage material because she had no title, no huge fortune, no great beauty and no virginity. Charles always had his dilemma about marry a woman who can be both his soulmate and an ideal future Queen Consort. He did not realise his loss in his life until he saw Camilla's engament. It was Charles's problem because he did not want to marry until 30 years old but Camilla cannot wait for him. Charles is too fixed to his plan for his life. If Amanda Knatchbull agreed to marry Charles, life will have been better for him. Diana was actually a very unsuitble option for him. Camilla loves Charles but she knows that she cannot marry Charles and then she settled herself with Andrew who she fell in 19 years old. It is their destinies because Camilla chose a philanding husband and became seriously with Charles. If Camilla married a faithful husband, things would have been different.

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
True Warren. She's immortalised just as James Dean and Marylin Monroe are. I remember saying to a Marylin fan that I thought Marylin was a lesbian, based on a daliance with Joan Crawford - I almost lost my eyes.
Marilyn was clearly not a true lesbian. She could be called bisexual, by deed if not true inclination. She turned Joan down when she came back for seconds because she wasn't into women. It seems most often, Marilyn slept with women to manipulate them or because they wanted her so badly she gave in-she did the same with men.

love_cc said:
It was an unfortune that Charles and Camilla cannot marry at the first place in 1970s because she was not regarded as a marriage material because she had no title, no huge fortune, no great beauty and no virginity. Charles always had his dilemma about marry a woman who can be both his soulmate and an ideal future Queen Consort. He did not realise his loss in his life until he saw Camilla's engament. It was Charles's problem because he did not want to marry until 30 years old but Camilla cannot wait for him. Charles is too fixed to his plan for his life. If Amanda Knatchbull agreed to marry Charles, life will have been better for him. Diana was actually a very unsuitble option for him. Camilla loves Charles but she knows that she cannot marry Charles and then she settled herself with Andrew

I don't think money, title or looks had anything to do with Charles not marrying Camilla back in the 70's. I think like most young men, he didn't want to settle down at that age.
I think you are right in that marriage to Amanda Knatchbull would have stood a better chance of success but, would he still have loved Camilla too much for that to work either?

OK, this is my first post as a moderator.

I'm pretty sure that discussing whether Marilyn Monroe is a lesbian goes beyond the limits of what this thread was intended for and I'm sure most of you will agree with that.

Congrats on becoming a moderator. Who is on your avatar ysbel.

Thanks Princejohnny! Its Queen Alexandra but I'm having a little trouble with the size. Hoping the avatar fairy will drop by!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom