Diana/Charles/Camilla's Relationships Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick interjection....

Australian I can assure you Ysbel's comments weren't directed at you. Your post just gave her the opportunity to put a couple of thoughts on the board, and perhaps reflects her and others' frustration at the lack of a broader member involvement.
Sometimes in the midst of the debate in this thread only a brave soul would dare to dip their toe in.
Don't be put off - everyone's contributions, thoughts, ideas and questions are welcomed.
Go for it. :)

Warren

Last edited:
Australian said:
Do you think that it would have been possible for Diana, Charles and Camilla to have all got along if Diana was still alive? Do you think that Diana would have forgiven and started a healthy relationship with Charls and Camilla?

Hmmm, good question. I don't think they would have been buddy-buddy but if Diana had lived I think she would have carved out her own satisfying life with hopefully a significant other who understood and supported her.

And then I think once the boys were grown, she would have been able to let bygones be bygones.

Ysbel i agree with that, I think Diana and Charles and Camilla would have come to some sort of understanding. I think that Diana would have supported Charles and Camilla (even if she really didnt) for her boys in order to keep the peace.

Maybe just maybe Diana Charles and Camilla would have a better relationship with each other because as you said they would have their respective new partners to support them so its not like a two against one sort of senario.

ysbel said:
I don't think they would have been buddy-buddy but if Diana had lived I think she would have carved out her own satisfying life with hopefully a significant other who understood and supported her.
And then I think once the boys were grown, she would have been able to let bygones be bygones.
Also, Charles and Diana, whatever happened after the divorce had she lived, would still have had that unbreakable link, their sons. There seems to be no evidence of major disagreement between them of their upbringing, and maybe this is the one thing in which they were united.

They would both have been justifiably proud at the overall success of their raising of the boys, and would have shared that pride. This would always have been their bond.

They would have probably also be content with the fact that what happened, happened and that they have both learned from their mistakes and are witht he people they should have been with. (provided Diana had found another man to settle down with)

Plus I think that once you're happy you can afford to be magnanimous to others even if they previously made you unhappy.

I think Diana also would have seen and approved Charles' desire to change the monarchy and make it more tolerant and relevant. She would have really appreciated it for the sake of her son William. They had that in common too although in the midst of their marriage they didn't often see it in each other.

i agree ysbel, all in all, i would honestly think that ahd Diana have lived, she, Charles and Camilla would have learned to get on and accept each other if not for the sake of themselves but also of their children.

Harry and William get on well it is reported, with Camilla's children and they have seemed to have accepted Camilla. So therefore i think Diana would have eventually done the same thing.

ysbel said:
if Diana had lived I think she would have carved out her own satisfying life with hopefully a significant other who understood and supported her.

Don't think so. She wasn't the type of person who could commit to anybody. She apparently liked her "victim" image. IMO by now she would still be in pursuit of love and still complaining that men were nasty :D

And I believe she'd be doing the same as Burrell. When money was tight, she'd release a few more family secrets to get the money rolling in. The woman was no Marlene Dietrich - the fame wouldn't have lasted forever and she'd have to live through the reign of Charles before she was exalted to a position by her son.

Let's just say that the nastiness was largely confined to the period of the marriage breaking down. Once that was resolved and a bit of time had passed things were becoming calmer and more civilised betwen Charles and Diana. The bitterness on both sides was much reduced by the time of her death.

There is no reason to believe trhat Diana would not have found a satisfying role for herself. For starters, a UNESCO Ambassador, and/or Fundraiser. That's worthy. She would have been feted in the United States, and if she remarried it would have been to a wealthy man, so money would not have been a problem. In any case her divorce settlement was large and we could assume it would have been carefully invested for the long term. And I bet Charles would still have helped her out financially if it came to that.

BeatrixFan said:
And I believe she'd be doing the same as Burrell. When money was tight, she'd release a few more family secrets to get the money rolling in.

I don't agree - she never showed interest in making money out of her position. But I think that she was addicted to media attention and her behaviour would become more bizzare. Only one thing seemed to tame her "headline fever" - opinion of her sons. Maybe that would have saved her :)

Australian said:
So i guess the wayward people (the few) of this forum should attack the POST not the POSTER.

Yes, that makes sense to me. I don't consider everyone who supports Diana to be a nutter or everyone who supports Camilla.:)
I ask the questions that I would like to be answered, not as a demand, but as a question. Instead of attacking the poster, give the answer, as you see it.
I really do try not to over react but, I suspect there are some posters I should not try to converse with.:eek:

Warren said:
Let's just say that the nastiness was largely confined to the period of the marriage breaking down. Once that was resolved and a bit of time had passed things were becoming calmer and more civilised betwen Charles and Diana. The bitterness on both sides was much reduced by the time of her death.

I totally agree Warren. Maybe its because I've been close to a marriage that disintegrated horribly I saw the same scenario upclose. But people don't go into the marriage with that nastiness and after they've carved out a life for themselves they don't keep holding onto the hurt - its too self-destructive.

Diana could have done a reverse of Princess Grace. She loved the stage and yes she loved performing. She could have started an acting or other performing career after she became a princess. This may just be fanciful thinking, the Royal Family would not be too happy but I think Diana would have been happiest on a stage. The time when she was invited to dance with a ballet troupe on Charles' birthday was one time where she seemed the most fulfilled. She positively glowed.

Now I expect after that last statement for everybody to shoot me down and it may be fanciful thinking but that's my impression.

ysbel said:
Diana could have done a reverse of Princess Grace. She loved the stage and yes she loved performing. She could have started an acting or other performing career after she became a princess. This may just be fanciful thinking, the Royal Family would not be too happy but I think Diana would have been happiest on a stage. The time when she was invited to dance with a ballet troupe on Charles' birthday was one time where she seemed the most fulfilled. She positively glowed.

Now I expect after that last statement for everybody to shoot me down and it may be fanciful thinking but that's my impression.

I'm not trying to shoot you down:) , but do you think she would have been good enough? There are so many young hopefuls out there, most of whom have studied for years. Would she have only been taken on for 'novelty value', In her middle 20's, she was already too old to be taken on in any of the ballet troupes.
The ballet incident was arranged by Diana (apparently) to celebrate Charles's 40th birthday.

I wonder if her magnanimity toward Charles would have let her be mature about him marrying Camilla. One of the reasons why Edward VIII was banished from the UK is that the Household (and apparently the Queen) saw a threat in the prospect of a charismatic ex-king hanging around and taking the limelight away from his replacement.

Even though Diana had come to some sort of accommodation with Charles, I wonder whether the prospect of seeing Camilla in her place while she herself gave up all her royal duties would have prompted some attempts at scene-stealing. It seemed that even though she and Charles were on better terms, as late as the Panorama interview she was convinced that Charles should take "his lady" and go abroad somewhere and leave the field clear for her and William. No doubt the press would have created as much mileage as possible out of the situation and played up the existence of factions and rival courts; I wonder if Diana would have been ready to give herself a lower profile in order not to challenge Charles as he started taking over more and more royal duties from the Queen. It would have been an awkward situation unless everyone was prepared to be considerate about it, and I think it's safe to say that Rupert Murdoch and his newspapers wouldn't have been.

Elspeth said:
I wonder if her magnanimity toward Charles would have let her be mature about him marrying Camilla.
. It seemed that even though she and Charles were on better terms, as late as the Panorama interview she was convinced that Charles should take "his lady" and go abroad somewhere and leave the field clear for her and William. .

Sadly I doubt it, some divorced and remarried people still cannot cope with being nice about the new partner.

I found it telling that she thought he should leave the field clear for her and William!

Skydragon said:
I'm not trying to shoot you down:) , but do you think she would have been good enough? There are so many young hopefuls out there, most of whom have studied for years. Would she have only been taken on for 'novelty value', In her middle 20's, she was already too old to be taken on in any of the ballet troupes.
The ballet incident was arranged by Diana (apparently) to celebrate Charles's 40th birthday.

Not as a dancer, but as an actress or other type of performing artist.

Skydragon said:
I found it telling that she thought he should leave the field clear for her and William!

I highly doubt that she would be generous enough to watch Charles and Camilla becoming man&wife. She'd rather tried steal the show. Remember her changing hairstyle on the very day Queen was doing important event?

Well, she was rather young back then!

Elspeth said:
Well, she was rather young back then!
Yes, the downside or double-edged sword of dying in your prime. She is remembered for her beauty, good works, and all the negative stuff. Frozen in time, and in people's minds. We never did get to see a proper reconciliation, or a happy ending outside of the marriage. Who knows how Diana would have matured and moved on from the preceding ugliness. Maybe she would have admitted that saying Charles didn't want to be King in the Panorama interview was a mistake. One would hope so, but we'll never know. Whatever, at least we have evidence that she and Charles were moving to a more mature relationship as time went on, and that's reassuring, and maybe enough.

True Warren. She's immortalised just as James Dean and Marylin Monroe are. I remember saying to a Marylin fan that I thought Marylin was a lesbian, based on a daliance with Joan Crawford - I almost lost my eyes.

ysbel said:
Not as a dancer, but as an actress or other type of performing artist.

That's what I meant, lots of these kids go to RADA. Would she have had the discipline to rehearse and then perform the same thing over and over? I can't see her being happy with a bit part in Eastenders or any production where she wasn't the 'star'.:)

That's what I meant, lots of these kids go to RADA

RADA training means nothing anymore sadly. I have at least 15 pals who are brilliant performers, 6 of whom went to RADA and have only had the odd commercial. Diana wouldn't have needed talent - she'd be a singing dancing Princess but in the grand league of actresses, she wouldn't be much IMO.

Warren said:
Yes, the downside or double-edged sword of dying in your prime. She is remembered for her beauty, good works, and all the negative stuff. Frozen in time, and in people's minds. We never did get to see a proper reconciliation, or a happy ending outside of the marriage. Who knows how Diana would have matured and moved on from the preceding ugliness. Maybe she would have admitted that saying Charles didn't want to be King in the Panorama interview was a mistake. One would hope so, but we'll never know. Whatever, at least we have evidence that she and Charles were moving to a more mature relationship as time went on, and that's reassuring, and maybe enough.

yeah, is very true, we'll never know. may be charles and diana have a good relationship, for them and for the boys. diana (if she would alive may be happy with charles marriage), but is imposible know, all is speculation.

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
RADA training means nothing anymore sadly. I have at least 15 pals who are brilliant performers, 6 of whom went to RADA and have only had the odd commercial. Diana wouldn't have needed talent - she'd be a singing dancing Princess but in the grand league of actresses, she wouldn't be much IMO.

Fergie wasn't much good at acting but, didn't she do commercials in America?

Skydragon said:
Fergie wasn't much good at acting but, didn't she do commercials in America?

Yes, she did commercials for a cranberry juice company and Weight Watchers.

Caroline

caroline mathilda said:
Yes, she did commercials for a cranberry juice company and Weight Watchers.

Caroline

Thanks for that Caroline mathilda!:)

Warren said:
Also, Charles and Diana, whatever happened after the divorce had she lived, would still have had that unbreakable link, their sons. There seems to be no evidence of major disagreement between them of their upbringing, and maybe this is the one thing in which they were united.

They would both have been justifiably proud at the overall success of their raising of the boys, and would have shared that pride. This would always have been their bond.

yes, william and hary ever will be sons of CHARLES AND DIANA and nothing more about this, both have things of both parents. and they are like are for the mother and the father. thae are very close to the diana when are kids, later diana's death they know a ''new father''. they learned much of their parents.

Diana and Charles already were on good terms before she died. They agreed on what was best for raising their kids and they were both excellent parents together. Diana would have matured and I think she already did a little after the divorce. After the Queen ordered a Divorce and she lost her Royal Status I think that shock matured her. She could not get everything she wanted and I think she realised what was really importent to her and what she actually wanted. I remember her brother saying that when the Queen offered the HRH to Diana after she died the Earl denied it saying Diana would not have wanted it. Diana wanted Charles to get married. She knew that made him happy and she wanted him happy. She wished that Charles would make an honest women out of Camilla when they divorced. I think Charles and Diana would have been close friends and good parents. Remember, Diana and Camilla were friends in the first years of the marriage. They liked each other for a reason and I think after maturing and reconcilation they would have become friends somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom