Diana/Charles/Camilla's Relationships Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we insulting each other here?

It's all so silly. People are not their posts. I've learned something from almost everyone here in one thread or another.

corazon said:
skydragon, I have a quetiosn very simply for you. if diana was so bad like you said and charles is a good person, because he married her? he not have a weapon in his her for say ''i will'' in the church in 1981

If you read any of my posts, you will see that I have never said that Charles was totally innocent. I believe that he gave up and married the woman he was told to marry. My arguement has always been that she mis-sold herself to him.
She hated dogs and was terrified of horses, both of which Charles loved.
She hated the country and loved London whereas he hated the town and loved the country.
He loved Scotland, she hated it.
He loved reading, she loved programmes like Eastenders.
She loved any publicity, Charles loved his privacy.
I think he thought he could make a go of it, but Diana, as was shown by her subsequent affairs, was unable to sustain a relationship with anyone at that time.

the material things ot said: ''i love you'', ''i am with you'' etc etc

After several glasses of gin, material things definately do say "I love you". And I may die alone and sad but I'll have the best walk-in-wardrobe in town.

Tzu An said:
I agree. She was never happier than when she was the center of attention when it came to the press. Furthermore, for someone who had so much, she was incredibly miserable. I believe it speaks of a lack of gratefulness on her part.

The thing that really bugged me about Diana was she didn't seem to appreciate all she DID have. The girl had everything! More than the rest of us will ever have. Great looks, wonderful, healthy kids, a huge amount of money, an extravagant lifestyle, nannies, world adoration, people who really wanted to be her friend, access to everything from celebrities to energy healers. So ONE guy didn't love her. IT HAPPENS! Appreciate all the fabulous things you were given in life and be content with it. Be grateful!

If ONE GUY can cause you to have such misery, with sharp mood swings, feelings of loneliness, boredom and emptiness and impulsive behavior such as binge eating and self-mutilation -- and you still have this chronically and persistently YEARS after the divorce and years after you have had a few nice love affairs yourself, (the doctor, the Squidgie guy, Hewitt, her body guard, Dodi)... well then I do think you have some mental problems.

It makes my brain hurt with all the things she had. I read a book briefly called "The Princess and the Duchess" and it described in detail the luxurious things that Diana and Fergie could indulge in. When I work at my little icky job stocking produce and dealing with one irate customer after another it burns that Diana could possibly want more of anything. Seriously top position in society, security, and two healthy kids. I don't think she ever learned how to appreciate things:mad: .

You can have everything and still feel worthless and depressed and have mood swings.

Why don't you stop and think for a moment why she behaved instead of complaing in jealousy about yourself compared to her. ;)

I am not rich either but I am not about to go off the screaming and crying that someone has more than me.

She had mental problems that were not dealt with properly. I would say depression...now we call it bipolar disorder. A lot of her misery stems from her messy childhood, parents' divorce, etc.

Her emotional problems were never dealt with in a proper and medical manner.

Use a little sense...and you can see the truth...

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
If you read any of my posts, you will see that I have never said that Charles was totally innocent. I believe that he gave up and married the woman he was told to marry. My arguement has always been that she mis-sold herself to him.
She hated the country and loved London whereas he hated the town and loved the country.
I think he thought he could make a go of it, but Diana, as was shown by her subsequent affairs, was unable to sustain a relationship with anyone at that time.

is that was true, was very diferents person, why are married? charles was dumb for said ''NO'',, I dont want marry?

Lady Marmalade said:
You can have everything and still feel worthless and depressed and have mood swings.

Why don't you stop and think for a moment why she behaved instead of complaing in jealousy about yourself compared to her. ;)

I am not rich either but I am not about to go off the screaming and crying that someone has more than me.

She had mental problems that were not dealt with properly. I would say depression...now we call it bi-polar. A lot of her misery stems from her messy childhood, parents' divorce, etc.

Her emotional problems were never dealt with in a proper and medical manner.

Use a little sense...and you can see the truth...

true, for charles was more easy ''diana is crazy'' than try to help her.

BeatrixFan said:
After several glasses of gin, material things definately do say "I love you". And I may die alone and sad but I'll have the best walk-in-wardrobe in town.

Darling, you better not! ;)

Although it is now cocktail hour in Chicago...so that sounds good...;)

Lady Marmalade said:
Oh please...I don't sit here and verbally trash
I do not intend to beatify Diana as the same you need to realize Charles and Camilla are did not come up smelling like roses either, my dear.
You are right, this is an open forum to post opinions, but I will be damned if I see such ridiculous and callous postings not answered with a touch of reality and fact.

I post the facts as I see them as do others, deary

Lady Marmalade said:
Darling, you better not! ;)

Although it is now cocktail hour in Chicago...so that sounds good...;)

Gin sounds good! I heartily prescribe it to everybody here. If we were in a bar together I'd buy you all a round! :D

Deary? Doll? Darling? Isn't it nice to know that after a good old fashioned bitch we can all camp it up?

ysbel said:
Gin sounds good! I heartily prescribe it to everybody here. If we were in a bar together I'd buy you all a round! :D

Too kind, I would buy the second round to everyone currently on here, those who agree and those who heartily disagree are all welcome. For that is what makes conversing interesting and fun on here. :)

I sincerely hope that the good old-fashioned bitch is now over. Don't make me close this thread, because just at the moment I'm very tempted.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator.

Lady Marmalade said:
Hmm...I see a lot of non-sensical concepts....

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU:)

Lady Marmalade said:
Too kind, I would buy the second round to everyone currently on here, those who agree and those who heartily disagree are all welcome. For that is what makes conversing interesting and fun on here. :)

OK everybody go out and buy themselves a nice gin and tonic! :)

I'd hate to see Elspeth get medieval on us here.

Elspeth, you and Warren have the patience of saints! :rolleyes:

BeatrixFan said:
Was she? Her sons have a wonderful legacy don't they? Tapes of her slagging off their Grandmother and their Father, sex talk etc. Charming.

diana was a wondelful mother! you see to william in hospital, just like her mother! I don't speak abuot william, this thread about charles and camilla and diana. but only i said, she was very good mother, her son said this very clear, if not, they not do the same things she do.

Skydragon said:
Are the Diana supporters all from broken marriages, are they all ex wives?
Of course not, Skydragon. I'm single and thank I also don't come from a broken family (with all my respect for the sons of divorced parents).Asking that, is the same I ask if Camilla supporters are all ex-mistresses. Then, your fair answer would be No (obviously).Diana had lovers too and that is, imo, not correct. Even if her husband cheated on her, pay by the same coin, it's not correct. But I really wish never marry with a man like Charles, who could make me suffer so much like he did to Diana. Like a Member told yesterday, I think few persons would want Charles as their husband. They can like him for King, or for his ideas, but to husband I doubt he had many voluntarees.

Skydragon said:

I agree. During the courtship she was all hunky dory with the countryside and the attendant lifestyle, but once she was married she became the "real Diana" who hated everything about him. As for relationships, she wanted anyone she was dating to spend ALL of his time with her.

I don't think there's any evidence to suggest that the "real Diana" hated everything to do with Charles from the instant she got the wedding ring on her finger. That sounds like a caricature.

It does appear that she exaggerated her liking for things which she thought Charles also liked; that isn't especially unusual in a courtship, where people in love will put up with some extraordinary things for the sake of the object of their affection, but there doesn't have to be anything remarkably calculating or cynical about it. Cripes, she was probably too young and confused to know what she really did like back then.

Love is mysterious. I truley and honestly believe that Charles and Diana loved each other and that Charles still does. It is said that Charles mentions Diana in his prayers every night. But, just because your in love doesnt mean it could work out. They probably loved each other but just couldnt live with each other. Living with each other made them hate each other and they became lonely. So, the both went there seperate ways and started affairs to comfort themselves. Charles fell madly in love with Camilla agian and Diana fell in love with other men and the public. Divorce is messy. No one wants to take the blame and look bad. Charles is a blood royal and could not escape the RF so he had no choice but to keep quite. Diana was not a blood royal, she could speak her mind out and know that since a divorce was immenent that it didnt matter what the RF did to her. She was an incrediably vindictive, intellegent, cunning women. A genius in how to court the public and win affection. She knew that if she could get the public on her side she would get the benefits of royalty without the burden. I dont blame her for doing that. I would have done the same. The thing is that there was peace after the divorce. Charles and Diana reconciled and became friends and better parents. I believe that Diana and Charles would have remarried thier ture loves in a couple of years and that Diana would have been on good terms with Camilla. I believe Diana would have been a British Ambassador of sorts and leave the real royal work to Charles and Camilla. Sadly, her life ended shortly. She died and it was no ones fault exept for the driver for being drunk, hers for not wearing her belt, and the press for being ruthless. There was peace and reconciliation after the divorce. Why cant people see that. There is no point in debating the affairs because that chapter of the marriage ended before Diana died. They all moved on and so should the rest of the world. Let Diana rest in peace. Continue her charity work but there is no reason to continue the vindicive Diana.

Elspeth said:
I don't think there's any evidence to suggest that the "real Diana" hated everything to do with Charles from the instant she got the wedding ring on her finger. That sounds like a caricature.

It does appear that she exaggerated her liking for things which she thought Charles also liked; that isn't especially unusual in a courtship, where people in love will put up with some extraordinary things for the sake of the object of their affection, but there doesn't have to be anything remarkably calculating or cynical about it. Cripes, she was probably too young and confused to know what she really did like back then.

Thank you Elspeth...I said something similar about a week or two ago. Unfortunately..it goes in one ear and out the other with some people. We are just going round and round and round the bend.

I am all for meaningful and thoughtful discussion but unfortunately its just as Lady Marmalade & Ysbel mentioned...you are either anti Diana/pro Camilla or pro Diana/anti Camilla. There is enough blame for everyone.

If there is just One person (all I need is one) whose opinion was changed because of something that was written on this thread, well I would be amazed. And I say this for the simple reason that people are doing just what Elspeth mentioned..taking something small they might have read/heard in a tabloid/newspaper, from the girl on the bus, etc. and all of a sudden its the gospel. And this for both Diana and Camilla. I recently read in the Vanity Fair, that the bread being thrown at Camilla is not a true story. And I am apt to believe this story because she gave her "friends" permission to speak on her behalf. And I say her friends, not some who knows someone who saw her at an event. As someone else mentioned in another thread (I believe it was Princejohnny) we all really don't know what anyone in the BRF royal family said nor do we know the exact minute to minute detail of the Diana/Charles, Camilla/Andrew marriages. And that's all I got.

Hi Zonk,

I'm afraid I wasn't the one who said you are either anti Diana/pro Camilla or pro Diana/anti Camilla. I think the whole pro and anti thing is quite silly.

Anyway, I've had my gin and tonic and it was delicious. :D On the practical side, if we all agree that they all were to blame and we admit that none of us knows exactly what happened (which is true I believe), then there's not much to discuss here.

ysbel said:
Elspeth, you and Warren have the patience of saints! :rolleyes:
For how much longer, I wonder? I have just read through 5 or 6 pages or acrimony and increasing nastiness, with a few valiant attempts to stem the flow. Even the humour has an edge, but an unpleasant edge. Is this why we chose to become members of the TRF? As to the subject matter, there isn't much that hasn't been said before.

Last point to consider: has anyone noticed how few contributors to this thread there are?

Warren

I havent really posted on this thread before but all i can say is that reading the posts in this thread is giving me HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE!!

lol

Regina said:
Of course not, Skydragon. I'm single and thank I also don't come from a broken family (with all my respect for the sons of divorced parents).Asking that, is the same I ask if Camilla supporters are all ex-mistresses. Then, your fair answer would be No (obviously).Diana had lovers too and that is, imo, not correct. Even if her husband cheated on her, pay by the same coin, it's not correct. But I really wish never marry with a man like Charles, who could make me suffer so much like he did to Diana. Like a Member told yesterday, I think few persons would want Charles as their husband. They can like him for King, or for his ideas, but to husband I doubt he had many voluntarees.

That is where you and I differ, I would think your question to be fair.:)
A lot of Dianas suffering seemed to be caused by her own actions and thoughts.

corazon said:
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU:)

I see published and/or proven facts. It's very easy to take the easy option and rubbish the poster, without addressing what has been said.
I find it insulting to be called 'my dear' by anyone I don't personally know, more so from someone much younger than me, whereas BeatrixFan finds it funny and acceptable. Showing that we all see the same event through different eyes.:)

So i guess the wayward people (the few) of this forum should attack the POST not the POSTER.

Australian said:
So i guess the wayward people (the few) of this forum should attack the POST not the POSTER.

Good idea! Members show a different side of themselves in different threads. Someone you think is quite beastly in this thread can be a real doll elsewhere.

BTW, its a little bit annoying when a member comes out of lurking for a long time and only posts how horrible people are being and the thread is re-hashing old stuff. If members don't think anything new is being posted here, why don't you take the initiative and post something new yourself? Or better yet, make an example of someone who treats everyone with respect? One of my big complaints is when people complain about a situation but take no positive actions to make it better.

(I am not talking to you specifically Australian but others have complained)

ysbel said:
Good idea! Members show a different side of themselves in different threads. Someone you think is quite beastly in this thread can be a real doll elsewhere.

BTW, its a little bit annoying when a member comes out of lurking for a long time and only posts how horrible people are being and the thread is re-hashing old stuff. If members don't think anything new is being posted here, why don't you take the initiative and post something new yourself? Or better yet, make an example of someone who treats everyone with respect? One of my big complaints is when people complain about a situation but take no positive actions to make it better.

(I am not talking to you specifically Australian but others have complained)

well if someone wants to lurk, thats their business and nobody elses. I was only agreeing with a previous poster about it, and I am entitled to regardless if i am lurking or not. Anyway, i will do as you suggested and contribute.

Do you think that it would have been possible for Diana, Charles and Camilla to have all got along if Diana was still alive? Do you think that Diana would have forgiven and started a healthy relationship with Charls and Camilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom