Diana/Charles/Camilla's Relationships Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
Only some of the public thought more of Diana!

in the 80' (may be you are many young for remenber) all th press was all the time whit diferent diana's things. her hair, her style, her charity etc etc etc.
that ''some '' people like you said are MANY people and don's only un UK in ALL the world, oriente, america, europe etc.

I think some people are confusing Charles' and Diana's behavior towards the end of their marriage with the way they were when they first married. There was a change - in attitudes, needs, and wants.

Diana and Charles did not start the marriage with a raving jealousy. These behaviors started after the marriage started to break down.

Diana was not particularly jealous with Charles at first or else she would have had a fit when he headed off for a 3 week tour of Australia right after their engagement.

Its also silly to imagine that she was jealous of Barnes. She hired Barnes because Barnes' philosophy of child rearing was similar to her own (high on love and affirmation-low on discipline) and Barnes came with very good references. Charles also agreed to Barnes at first because he wanted his children to have a less strict upbringing than he had. However, Barnes' previous experience was with 2 girls and while girls can be bad, in general 2 boys are going to push the limits with a nanny much more than two girls are. Basically Diana's and Barnes' shared philosophy of child rearing didn't work on William and that is what caused the problem. Charles later realized it and changed his mind on how the children should be raised. Diana didn't force Barnes out; Charles and the Royal Family stepped in and pushed her out.

The only criticism Barnes had of Diana was that Diana treated the nanny more like staff whereas in her previous employ the nanny was included in many family events and holidays. But it was a small gripe and she recognized that that was just the differences between the two households.

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
Encouraged by Diana in order to cover her many affairs.

diana have a very dificulted relationship with the press, if she manipulated the press? yes, diana was a product that sold, diana loved the camara and the camara loved diana. Still now diana sells, many people become rich for diana.

Skydragon said:
The only person Charles has ever been 2nd too, is in fact the Queen.

I don't think he was jealous, just annoyed and embarrassed by her constant need for adulation from anyone and everyone.

diana want attetion from her husband but she only have the press'a attention.

Lady Marmalade said:
Charles, by the way, cast the first major stone by giving such a telling interview in which he publicly admitted adultery on international television before the Diana broadcast.

I agree with a lot that you have posted, Lady Marmalade but I have to disagree with you here.

Charles was responding to countless allegations in the press that stemmed from Diana's collaboration with Andrew Morton's book. You have to remember that Diana had originally alleged the affair through Morton.

Charles probably thought that saying something once and for all would end the speculation but of course it didn't and that was an error in judgment.

But at any rate, like you say, they both made a lot of mistakes - as couples do when their marriage breaks down. One thing that's important to remember is that what happened to Diana and Charles happens to a lot of couples regardless of whether the couples are in the press or not. The press attention just intensified what was already going wrong in the marriage.

If you feel hurt and violated you do stupid things. There were enough hurts between them for both to do a lot of stupid things and they did.

a new book is being published...

Charles' divorce 'good for UK monarchy' -author
"Prince Charles' tortured love life may have had all the hallmarks of a soap opera but it ended up strengthening the monarchy in 21st century Britain, argues a new biographer of the heir to the throne. "

read more:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/world/20051129-0525-people-charles.html

have at it, team!

corazon said:
in the 80' (may be you are many young for remenber) all th press was all the time whit diferent diana's things. her hair, her style, her charity etc etc etc.
that ''some '' people like you said are MANY people and don's only un UK in ALL the world, oriente, america, europe etc.

On the contrary Corazon, I remember it all very clearly and from what I saw, as an adult, was that Diana encouraged the media.
A great many people throughout the world, had no interest in Diana, before or after her marriage.

'She was a star but that is not necessarily what you want in a Princess of Wales. Camilla is a more traditional consort like the Duke of Edinburgh in his supporting role to the Queen,' Brandreth said

I agree with Brandreth. He's completely right. Camilla walks one step behind Charles - she doesn't bat her eyelashes and flash her legs to take the attention away from him.

corazon said:
diana have a very dificulted relationship with the press, if she manipulated the press? yes, diana was a product that sold, diana loved the camara and the camara loved diana. Still now diana sells, many people become rich for diana.

There should never have been a relationship with the press and if it was difficult, it was Diana's making.

If Diana had been less willing to tell all to anyone she met, then these people would not have made money out of her name.

una said:
According to Ingrid Seward, Barnes and Diana got on to begin with but Di kept interfering between Barnes and the boys and undermining her authority. Barnes was told not to raise her voice to or spank them--when there was a difference of opinion between herself and one of the boys, Barnes was to call in Di to act as judge, and Di often sided with the boy against Barnes. In such a situation, it's not hard to see why the boys were running wild.(Not to mention the effect of the conflict in the house, Di's constant histrionics, and the fact that Di herself had run pretty wild as a child and probably encouraged it).

When Ken Wharfe started at Highgrove, he was warned by Barnes' assistant, (who had replaced her), that Di was a jealous mother, and to be careful how he played with the boys if she was around.

Di was jealous of other nannies too--her own childhood nannies, who she thought would steal her father's affection, and Marion Cox, a groom in the stable who was helping the boys to ride. The boys liked Cox, called her Mrs. Flopsy and started visiting her cottage to see her rabbits. Di gave her an ultimatum--leave or go to work in the garden. Cox only understood why she was pushed out when the Tiggy story broke and she made the connection- Di's jealousy.

I totally agree with you, I had heard this before.:)

Lady Marmalade said:
In the early years of their marriage, the press, WITHOUT HER HELP, gave her the adulation and attention.
Charles, by the way, cast the first major stone by giving such a telling interview in which he publicly admitted adultery on international television before the Diana broadcast.
so stop with the ridiculous accusations

It wasn't really the press that gave her 'adulation', they just used her pictures to sell papers, which, in my opinion, she exploited. It's a bit like brainwashing, with so many pictures about, a lot of people fell for the hype. On the morning of her death the Guardian was running a story about her lack of intelligence and the way she contacted them to let them know her 'secret' location.

Diana opened the floodgates and threw the first stone by allowing the Morton book and encouraging her 'friends' to release her version to the press.

I don't know what accusations you want stopped but, I feel that as this is a forum, we are all entitled to put forward our own interpretation of history and the facts as we know them.

corazon said:
diana want attetion from her husband but she only have the press'a attention.

Sadly it wasn't only the attention from the press she encouraged, as history has shown us!:eek:

With all due respect Skydragon, do you have ANYTHING nice to say about Diana at all?

"MII"

IMO..this thread has become the pro Diana vs. the anti Diana...and is just retreading past opinions. Hasn't all this been discussed in GREAT detail before? Did anyone notice that the ambivalent and objective members have mentally checked out of this thread. Or is it just me? I check it to see if anything new or relevant has been posted..but its just the same stuff.

Zonk1189 said:
IMO..this thread has become the pro Diana vs. the anti Diana...and is just retreading past opinions. Hasn't all this been discussed in GREAT detail before? Did anyone notice that the ambivalent and objective members have mentall checked out of this thread. Or is it just me? I read it to see if anything new or relevant has been posted..but its just the same stuff.

Thankyou Zonk!

I could not garee more. The repetative state of this thread is so vexing.

"MII"

Skydragon said:
On the contrary Corazon, I remember it all very clearly and from what I saw, as an adult, was that Diana encouraged the media.
A great many people throughout the world, had no interest in Diana, before or after her marriage.
is claer that all the world love diana, but is many people in the worl that still love her. I live in a republic and my country was in war with england and here coming andrew and charles, in vicit offical and diana coming here in private's visit. When charles and andrew were here was many incidents, insults etc, but with diana was a very loverly visit, istill in GAIMAN (a country from wales people) has a little monument.

Margrethe II said:
With all due respect Skydragon, do you have ANYTHING nice to say about Diana at all?

"MII"

AMEN, very well said!

Margrethe II said:

"MII"

Do you know, I had to sit and think about that one. I just didn't see the same person some of you saw. When I saw her engagement on the tv, to me she looked more in love with the idea of being a princess than in love with Charles. The 'body language' was wrong for someone supposed to be in love.
To me she abused her position as the wife of a member of the royal family.
I failed to see the excitement of someone with so many rooms to use and so much personal fortune going to visit the homeless. Her trips abroad on behalf of the charities were paid for by the charities, her clothes by the foreign office and tax payers.
If Diana had kept her dignity and kept the gory details to herself, insisted on a divorce and got on with her life, I would have admired her.
But no, I can't at this moment think of one thing:(

Skydragon said:
There should never have been a relationship with the press and if it was difficult, it was Diana's making.

If Diana had been less willing to tell all to anyone she met, then these people would not have made money out of her name.
is very clear, the press love diana because diana was popular and because diana was a product tath sold (like now, she still sells), and diana in some occasions used the press.

corazon said:
is claer that all the world love diana, but is many people in the worl that still love her. I live in a republic and my country was in war with england and here coming andrew and charles, in vicit offical and diana coming here in private's visit. When charles and andrew were here was many incidents, insults etc, but with diana was a very loverly visit, istill in GAIMAN (a country from wales people) has a little monument.

No all the world does not love Diana.
Andrew was there in the war with your country so he was hardly likely to get a warm welcome. I don't recall Charles visiting your country. Charles and Diana were only just married during the Falklands conflict, so by the time she visited, I would think everyone had calmed down!

Skydragon said:
Do you know, I had to sit and think about that one. I just didn't see the same person some of you saw. When I saw her engagement on the tv, to me she looked more in love with the idea of being a princess than in love with Charles. The 'body language' was wrong for someone supposed to be in love.
To me she abused her position as the wife of a member of the royal family.
I failed to see the excitement of someone with so many rooms to use and so much personal fortune going to visit the homeless. Her trips abroad on behalf of the charities were paid for by the charities, her clothes by the foreign office and tax payers.
If Diana had kept her dignity and kept the gory details to herself, insisted on a divorce and got on with her life, I would have admired her.
But no, I can't at this moment think of one thing:(

I thank you for your response.

But I dont understand the need to continue to reiterate your more than obvious ill feeling towards the late Princess. If you look back through the thread you shall see just how evident it is...

It is somewhat tiresome as its nothing new being brought to the discussion.

No offence meant.

"MII"

Zonk1189 said:
IMO..this thread has become the pro Diana vs. the anti Diana...and is just retreading past opinions. Hasn't all this been discussed in GREAT detail before? Did anyone notice that the ambivalent and objective members have mentally checked out of this thread. Or is it just me? I check it to see if anything new or relevant has been posted..but its just the same stuff.

Here live in the '50 a policy' women, Eva peron, she was loved and hated in the same way. you can to be indifferent to her, or you love her o you hated her. she die in 1952 but still here averybody remember her,, why? because she was a icon, you cant not loved her, you can noy hated her but you never can be indifferent.
with diana happend some similar, if somebody hated diana nver will love her and the people that love diana will never can hated her. The both thing in the same time is imposible. are 2 sides of history.

Skydragon said:
No all the world does not love Diana.
Andrew was there in the war with your country so he was hardly likely to get a warm welcome. I don't recall Charles visiting your country. Charles and Diana were only just married during the Falklands conflict, so by the time she visited, I would think everyone had calmed down!

charles visit argentina in april of 1999. was a big scandal and later he was to in malvinas or falklands.
And the ex- soldiers received him very badly with many protest, diana was here in 1995.

when diana was here was a little prtenst from the ex- soldiers, and she later visited gaiman ( like princess of wales) the tea hause do a little monnument and all the hause have photos and another diana's things. Charles no visited the wales's country in chubut..

Last edited:
Margrethe II said:
I thank you for your response.
But I dont understand the need to continue to reiterate your more than obvious ill feeling towards the late Princess. If you look back through the thread you shall see just how evident it is...
It is somewhat tiresome as its nothing new being brought to the discussion.

No offence meant.

"MII"

I have learnt a lot from the new posters and I am truly sorry if my posts irritate you. It may all be things said before but, not all of it by me.
I suppose I just live in hope that the adulation of Diana can be laid to rest and she is accepted for what she was, a flawed person, the same as all of us.
When you or one or two others disagree with what has been written, you reserve the right to reply, is that only to be made available to the Diana supporters?
I do try not to reply to anyone that I obviously upset.

diana not was a flawed's person, was a deceived's person

corazon said:
charles visit argentina in april of 1999. was a big scandal and later he was to in malvinas or falklands.
And the ex- soldiers received him very badly with many protest, diana was here in 1995.

I would imagine that the ex soldiers from your army would have greeted any British Officer the same way. Everyone was upset over the Falklands war and it is still a raw subject for many.

corazon said:
diana not was a flawed's person, was a deceived's person

To me she was flawed, to you she was not.

Skydragon said:
I would imagine that the ex soldiers from your army would have greeted any British Officer the same way. Everyone was upset over the Falklands war and it is still a raw subject for many.
no is true, was a expedition for search the BELGRANO a war's ship sunk and argeinta's ex sildiers work together with british's ex soldiers.

Let's not get into the Falklands business or I may transmogrify and start spouting Thatcher speeches. Trust me - it won't be pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom