Diana/Charles/Camilla's Relationships Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
it was a pretty ghastly thing to say to a young woman in front of so many people.:(

That was pretty ghastly. :(

BeatrixFan said:
Yes but would they have been hung, drawn and quartered? One would hope so.

That is stepping far over the mark. This is the 21st Century and what is good for the goose is good for the gander as we say here in the States.

That is stepping far over the mark!

I don't think it is at all. Traitors should be subjected to a traitor's death. You can't tell me a terrorist would consider blowing up a train if he had seen one of his colleagues dealth with publicly?

BeatrixFan said:
I don't think it is at all. Traitors should be subjected to a traitor's death. You can't tell me a terrorist would consider blowing up a train if he had seen one of his colleagues dealth with publicly?

Committing adultery, while it is heinous, is not the same as terrorists. I don't care what they do with the terrorists as long as they stop them.

Committing adultery, while it is heinous, is not the same as terrorists.

Betraying the Sovereign. Is that treason? I thought it was.

I'm laughing right now! That was too funny!

I'm laughing right now! That was too funny!

Well I'm glad you enjoyed the laugh but I've never been more serious in my life. Perhaps if she'd been cut loose a bit quicker we could have avoided furthur complications.

BeatrixFan said:
Betraying the Sovereign. Is that treason? I thought it was.

If it was, we'd be looking at having to dismember the Prime Minister.

BeatrixFan said:
Well I'm glad you enjoyed the laugh but I've never been more serious in my life. Perhaps if she'd been cut loose a bit quicker we could have avoided furthur complications.

Cut loose is one thing. Cut up is another thing entirely. If Diana and James Hewitt had been prosecuted and executed for treason, we'd have a republic by now.

If it was, we'd be looking at having to dismember the Prime Minister.

LOL. There are plenty of people queing to take part.

If Diana and James Hewitt had been prosecuted and executed for treason, we'd have a republic by now.

Really? An ex-Princess with a string of lovers and a man who is as slimy as baby snot? There seems little point in having treason laws if they're never going to be used.

Of course they're used. They just aren't used lightly. And treating Diana and James Hewitt the same way that people are treated who are deliberately acting to undermine the state (as opposed to a despised husband) would have been unpopular to the point that there'd have been deep trouble for the goverment and the royal family.

ysbel said:
I think this was the real reason behind Charles' dislike of Diana's public attention. On one hand its understandable that the media circus was unbearable; on the other hand, a man can't expect to marry a wife and have his life be the same way as it was before. Things were bound to change no matter who he married.

EXACTLY! this was the true, charles was jealous of the attention of the press and did not understand because the public love more diana than himself, the trip to Japan 86 is a good example of this.

Lady Marmalade said:
Oh Please.....none of them treated their staff with respect or grace, with the exception of HM. Don't just single out Diana on this one!!

How many have resigned on Charles over the years???

very well said!!

Of course they're used. They just aren't used lightly

I'll leave it at that before I'm branded a fascist. Which I probably am, but I don't want that to become the topic of conversation and I'm sure you don't either!

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
Oh Please. The Diana Trio indeed. Can we leave the adoration and jingoism out of this? It turns the stomach.

so thinks turns the stomach

Regina said:
Well, I don't write my messages based on your stomach, BeatrixFan. So if you feel bad, please don't read them.

Lady Marmelade, you are correct. None of them were angels or devils. I don't recall anyone, even after her death, calling saint to Diana. I don't put her on a pedestral, but sure she was a person with a lot of value and who suffered from many injustices. This way, I'm glad to read the posts of her supporters.

amen, i totally agree with you, my friend!;) we are the diana trio, and I am veru pround of that!

Regina said:
"Dianatrio" was an expression used by princejohnny, and I think it's a funny expression. It's good to have some humor sometimes.

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not was our idea! is a very fanne espression

we are the diana trio, and I am veru pround of that!

Do tell me when your Boney M style Megamix is coming out.

corazon said:
EXACTLY! this was the true, charles was jealous of the attention of the press and did not understand because the public love more diana than himself, the trip to Japan 86 is a good example of this.

No corazon, you misunderstood me.

I don't think Charles was personally jealous of Diana's fame but I believe what caused the problem with the Diana-mania with him and the Royal Family was their discomfort with over the top publicity. The Royal Family has always had a tighly controlled public image. With the Diana-mania, that public image was harder to control.

There were too many papers, too many paparazzi, too many tell all books - trying to control Diana-mania was like trying to turn back high tide. It was an impossible task; all they could do was weather the storm and pick themselves up after it was over.

Last edited:
I agree about the diana-mania, sorry if i offend you with my post but I think that charles was very jealous abiut diaana's attention that she caused, he was in second plane when he was with diana.

all you said in your post is very true.

BeatrixFan said:
I'll leave it at that before I'm branded a fascist. Which I probably am, but I don't want that to become the topic of conversation and I'm sure you don't either!
Words of wisdom.
Really? An ex-Princess with a string of lovers and a man who is as slimy as baby snot? There seems little point in having treason laws if they're never going to be used.
The critical points you're missing each time are chronology and causes and consequences.
Do tell me when your Boney M style Megamix is coming out.
That was actually funny.
I happen to love your sense of humour (the only reason I still read your posts at this point).

una said:
Thanks for the description, it's clear Camilla wasn't in his rooms-- love the bit about the cold supper! I don't think she was there either, I only meant that they could have got together somewhere that evening, it wouldn't have to be in his rooms-- so Barry might not know.

Charles' time the day, evening and night before the wedding was pretty much accounted for. The afernoon/evening before the wedding there was the final wedding rehearsal, when that finished the royal family went to Buckingham Palace for supper. They then watched the Hyde Park fireworks. As it was the day before what was a major event and the media attention was enormous it would have been highly unlikely that Charles would have been able to sneak off anywhere. He had staff around him going over last minute details and then assorted family members.
The story of Charles and Camilla having sex the night before his wedding I think goes into the category of "it didn't happen".

corazon said:

Only some of the public thought more of Diana!

corazon said:
I agree about the diana-mania, sorry if i offend you with my post but I think that charles was very jealous abiut diaana's attention that she caused, he was in second plane when he was with diana.

The only person Charles has ever been 2nd too, is in fact the Queen.

I don't think he was jealous, just annoyed and embarrassed by her constant need for adulation from anyone and everyone.

Well, he'd hardly be human if he wasn't a bit jealous at some point. However, I think the really irritating thing probably was that when they were out together and he was making a speech about something, the press ignored it in favour of reporting on what Diana looked like and how people felt about her.

Charlotte1 said:
Charles' time the day, evening and night before the wedding was pretty much accounted for. The afernoon/evening before the wedding there was the final wedding rehearsal, when that finished the royal family went to Buckingham Palace for supper. They then watched the Hyde Park fireworks. As it was the day before what was a major event and the media attention was enormous it would have been highly unlikely that Charles would have been able to sneak off anywhere. He had staff around him going over last minute details and then assorted family members.
The story of Charles and Camilla having sex the night before his wedding I think goes into the category of "it didn't happen".
Yes I agree. Charles said he only saw Camilla once during the engagement, to give her the thank you bracelet.

ysbel said:
The situation with Tiggy was totally different than the one with Barbara Barnes. By the time Tiggy came along Charles and Diana were at war.

There was definitely a discipline problem and Barbara Barnes was known as a hug 'em type of nanny rather than a disciplinarian.
According to Ingrid Seward, Barnes and Diana got on to begin with but Di kept interfering between Barnes and the boys and undermining her authority. Barnes was told not to raise her voice to or spank them--when there was a difference of opinion between herself and one of the boys, Barnes was to call in Di to act as judge, and Di often sided with the boy against Barnes. In such a situation, it's not hard to see why the boys were running wild.(Not to mention the effect of the conflict in the house, Di's constant histrionics, and the fact that Di herself had run pretty wild as a child and probably encouraged it).

When Ken Wharfe started at Highgrove, he was warned by Barnes' assistant, (who had replaced her), that Di was a jealous mother, and to be careful how he played with the boys if she was around.

Di was jealous of other nannies too--her own childhood nannies, who she thought would steal her father's affection, and Marion Cox, a groom in the stable who was helping the boys to ride. The boys liked Cox, called her Mrs. Flopsy and started visiting her cottage to see her rabbits. Di gave her an ultimatum--leave or go to work in the garden. Cox only understood why she was pushed out when the Tiggy story broke and she made the connection- Di's jealousy.

It safe to say jealousy ran on both sides for Charles and Diana.

In the early years of their marriage, the press, WITHOUT HER HELP, gave her the adulation and attention.

And by the way, God forbid anyone should even gently make comments about Charles and Camilla.

Charles, by the way, cast the first major stone by giving such a telling interview in which he publicly admitted adultery on international television before the Diana broadcast.

Being the heir to the throne, the future head of the Church of England, etc, that was just plain stupid and careless to do.

As was Diana going on television to do her interview.

Both of them gave plenty of fuel to the press for years to come.

Let us deal with reality and not gloss over one or the other....
None of them were angels...so stop with the ridiculous accusations

Lady Marmalade said:
It safe to say jealousy ran on both sides for Charles and Diana.

In the early years of their marriage, the press, WITHOUT HER HELP, gave her the adulation and attention.

And by the way, God forbid anyone should even gently make comments about Charles and Camilla.

Charles, by the way, cast the first major stone by giving such a telling interview in which he publicly admitted adultery on international television before the Diana broadcast.

Being the heir to the throne, the future head of the Church of England, etc, that was just plain stupid and careless to do.

As was Diana going on television to do her interview.

Both of them gave plenty of fuel to the press for years to come.

Let us deal with reality and not gloss over one or the other....
None of them were angels...so stop with the ridiculous accusations

exactly! charles and diana in nrespaper's front pages and the press happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom