Diana/Charles/Camilla's Relationships Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
I can't find anything on him being supported by an older woman, what was her name and where did you get that from?
I read that here too in the Australian papers. Unless the lady herself makes a statement we have no idea of the truth. And I believe he was in, or was due to appear in, the Brit show "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here" which incidentally is filmed in Australia. Hewitt also does TV appearances on chat and current affairs shows, for which he is paid, Again, he has appeared on Australian TV.

ysbel said:
I found a website that brokers sales for used and out of print books. It has some copies of Stephen Barry's book available.

Charlotte1 its very interesting you say that he quit of his own accord. You may be right but I distinctly remember him being muscled out of the valet position. I'd have to re-read the book though to be sure.
Thanks for that Ysbel, it's not available through the library system, nor is Little Girl Lost by Mary Clarke, Di's nanny.
How Barry left is important if there was some resentment against Ch or Di because of it.

There are other sites with the book una. A lot of these books have short lives so one has to be enterprising to find them.

I just found this article on NPR (National Public Radio) about Charles, Diana, and Camilla. It's interesting that it said that while Diana was into self-help and affirmation, it was Charles who finally straightened out his life.

Pity the Poor Prince
Charles is atoning for the sins of rich, middle-aged men everywhere.

http://www.slate.com/id/2116364/

Camilla is the anti-Di. Whereas Diana was forever getting her chakras balanced and her colon irrigated, Camilla is self-confident and well-adjusted. Diana was obsessed with the trappings of celebrity, while Camilla, like the royals, prefers to hide her wealth behind a thick veneer of ordinariness. Her main interests are said to be horses, dogs, and farm prices—standard Buckingham Palace talking points, in other words.

Diana was the family student of self-help literature, but it's Charles who has jettisoned his self-defeating behaviors. In his 20s, when he set out on the long road to the royal rose ceremony, he foolishly listened to the advice of his great-uncle and mentor Lord Mountbatten, who judged Camilla an unsuitable princess because she was older than Charles—by 16 months—and because she was "experienced." Diana may have been a godsend for the House of Windsor's gene pool and for the tabloid press, but she was a terrible match for Charles. Pledging his troth to a Sloane Ranger 12 years his junior with experience of absolutely nothing beyond a little light child-minding worked out annus-horribilisly for the prince of Wales.

ysbel said:
I think Hewitt played both sides of the fence regarding Harry's paternity. Its obvious he was milking his association for all its worth so a lot of what he says is not trustworthy.

However, some things like the fact that the Queen sympathized with Diana but refused to step in do seem true. I think some of his less scandalous statements that have been reinforced by other sources can be reliably believed.

It's not so easy as saying he is a total liar or everything he says is the truth.
I think you have to separate Hewitt's book Love and War from all the tabloid muck. Hewitt blames the tabloids for ending his affair with Diana, and has been stitched up by them over and over, often involving female reporters. His account of how they aided and abetted the theft of Diana's letters from his safe by trapping him in an elaborate sting is enough to put you off tabloids for life! . He seems to have given up trying to save his reputation, and joined the fray, playing up to the love rat caricature and using the papers as they use him.

The book shows a very different person, and seems quite believable to me.

Warren said:
I read that here too in the Australian papers. Unless the lady herself makes a statement we have no idea of the truth. And I believe he was in, or was due to appear in, the Brit show "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here" which incidentally is filmed in Australia. Hewitt also does TV appearances on chat and current affairs shows, for which he is paid, Again, he has appeared on Australian TV.

I don't think he is in I'm a celebrity, as the accountants say, his appearances in anything have really tailed off.
I've been through some of the UK papers archives but can't even find an allegation of an older woman. Perhaps Australia's libel laws are different and they are more able to get away with printing these things.
The point is that just because he had an affair with Diana and wrote about it, does not make him public enemy No.1.

Skydragon said:
The point is that just because he had an affair with Diana and wrote about it, does not make him public enemy No.1.

Agreed. But the fact that he published an account of his affair without telling Diana and his regular appearances on the celebrity circuit practically advertise his willingness to use his association with her to fit his own purposes. That's not a friend I would want.

That having been said, I think some of the things he wrote can be trusted to be true, but you have to sort through the rest of the trash.

They dropped Hewitt from "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here" and replaced him with Carol Thatcher. ;)

What's interesting is that while a lot of people like to trash Hewitt and Burrell (and for good reason) for betraying Diana, they refuse to place any blame on Diana herself for the lack of judgment she showed in the people she trusted and hung around. Diana is always portrayed as the poor innocent victim - if she wasn't cheated on by Charles, she was being betrayed by Hewitt or Burrell.

Anyone else who had been the victim of all these betrayals and double-dealings by different people would not have gotten the public sympathy that Diana did after the first one or two times. After awhile, people would been annoyed with a person that they was so gullible and didn't come to their senses. People certainly wouldn't feel outraged after the first couple of times. There's an old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." From the looks of things, Diana got fooled a lot of times but for the most part people didn't seem to think her own lack of judgment played any part in what happened. It was all the fault of the heartless Charles, the dirty rat Hewitt, and the sleazy Burrell. Never Diana.

What's interesting is that while a lot of people like to trash Hewitt and Burrell (and for good reason) for betraying Diana

Whats interesting is that Hewitt and Burrell's accounts are totally trustworthy and should be in the public domain when they say what a wonderful person Diana was. But when they say something that Diana fans see as detrimental, Hewitt and Burrell have betrayed her. How many Diana fans bought Burrell's book to find out what she used to eat for breakfast etc without realising that they are in fact lining Burrell's pockets and giving him an excuse to publish more which is what'll keep happening until the RF come down hard on him in court.

I don't have any problem with trusting Hewitt on telling the truth on some things but not on others.

Skydragon said:
Hewitt has never claimed to be Harry's father, where did you get that from?
Diana and Hewitt admitted to 1986, Charles admitted he started seeing Camilla in 1986.
You inferred that William was educated solely by Diana, when as everyone knows he was at school and with nannies most of his young life. His formative years were spent also at school and with Charles and Camilla!

the last yeras of school he live in the school, and yes he was educated with charles AND diana. Hewitt have a pension but is a little pension and he have the life like a rich.

Charlotte1 said:
He tried to sell Diana's letters but no one was prepared to buy them. James Hewitt lives on a small army pension, he lost all the money he made from the books he co-operated on in various failed business ventures. He's a sad case as he lives off his notoriety doing trashy TV shows, to make money.
yes, you right, but in showh he go only because he was diana's lover.

Hewitt's financial situation isn't as dour as you may think. He's done three reality shows to my knowlegde which can bring about 75,000 a time. Then you add about 50,000 for interviews about the shows - and if he gets hard up, he'll release a few more stories about Di and live a life of riley till the end of his days. Much like Burrell.

BeatrixFan said:
Hewitt's financial situation isn't as dour as you may think. He's done three reality shows to my knowlegde which can bring about 75,000 a time. Then you add about 50,000 for interviews about the shows - and if he gets hard up, he'll release a few more stories about Di and live a life of riley till the end of his days. Much like Burrell.

I have to agreed with you, FOR FIRST TIME!, hewitt will live all his life for his affair with diana.

Skydragon said:
Hewitt has never claimed to be Harry's father, where did you get that from?
Diana and Hewitt admitted to 1986, Charles admitted he started seeing Camilla in 1986.
You inferred that William was educated solely by Diana, when as everyone knows he was at school and with nannies most of his young life. His formative years were spent also at school and with Charles and Camilla!

he is centerpoint's patron.......he learned that for camilla for charles or for diana?, he ant work for the AIDS (and harry too, especially in africa) for charles, camilla or diana? he visited a hospital in new zeland and he ''touched'' to the patients like diana did, and this I don's said, mewspaper etc said this, not only me.
He have many thingh of his father, is true, and I say again HE IS LIKE HE IS; NOT FOR DIANA; CGARLES OR CAMILA; HE IS LIKE HE IS FOR HIMSELF!

BeatrixFan said:

You only have to look at his tax liability to realise just how much he is raking in.

corazon said:
yes, you right, but in showh he go only because he was diana's lover.

Thats as may be, but Diana, by choosing to have an affair with him, put him in that position!
We could even have revelations from some of her other lovers yet and the Diana fans will rush out to buy their copies.

Skydragon said:
Thats as may be, but Diana, by choosing to have an affair with him, put him in that position!
We could even have revelations from some of her other lovers yet and the Diana fans will rush out to buy their copies.
yes, but if charles have a affair with any women (I not are saying that charles have a affair, is only a example!) and the women later do like hewitt do not is responsibility
of charles, is women's responsibility that she want to make money by his affair with a royal person.

The Diana hype is big business. Those souvenir shops in London don't sell postcards and plates to keep the memory alive. They do it to make money and the tourists never let them down. It's the same theory with Hewitt etc.

corazon said:
yes, but if charles have a affair with any women (I not are saying that charles have a affair, is only a example!) and the women later do like hewitt do not is responsibility
of charles, is women's responsibility that she want to make money by his affair with a royal person.

It would show that the Prince was a poor judge of character, the main difference being that Charles could never get pregnant, it would matter if the woman got pregnant but, she and the child would be supported.
Another thing to remember is that his affair with Diana cost him his career.

ysbel said:
I found a website that brokers sales for used and out of print books. It has some copies of Stephen Barry's book available.

http://www.biblio.com/isbn/0025074903.html

I just read it in the bookshop when it first came out and would like to re-read it.

Charlotte1 its very interesting you say that he quit of his own accord. You may be right but I distinctly remember him being muscled out of the valet position. I'd have to re-read the book though to be sure.

It's very easy to find second-hand books at Amazon and Half.com. If you're registered at Amazon to buy new stuff, or registered for dealing on eBay, which owns Half.com, you can do major financial damage buying second-hand books there! At the moment, Amazon is offering "Royal Secrets" second-hand starting at 23c and "Royal Service" starting at 1c.

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
It would show that the Prince was a poor judge of character, the main difference being that Charles could never get pregnant, it would matter if the woman got pregnant but, she and the child would be supported.
Another thing to remember is that his affair with Diana cost him his career.

One could say that having any type of affair is a poor judgment but the difference between Charles and Diana is that generally Charles' friends have not taken advantage of him in the same way Diana's friends did.

He may have been just lucky and Diana unlucky but it really seems that after making the mistake of marrying Diana, Charles learned his lesson and used good judgment in choosing friends (and a lover, Camilla) that would not turn on him and use him for public profit. Diana's judgment when choosing her friends was not as good; therefore, she got used and taken advantage a lot more.

Elspeth said:
It's very easy to find second-hand books at Amazon and Half.com. If you're registered at Amazon to buy new stuff, or registered for dealing on eBay, which owns Half.com, you can do major financial damage buying second-hand books there! At the moment, Amazon is offering "Royal Secrets" second-hand starting at 23c and "Royal Service" starting at 1c.

Thanks Elspeth. I used half.com awhile back but thought they had disappeared. :)

Weeeelll!!! I've been reading with all my attention and respect all the opinions of this Forum members and I would like to express my point of view!!! First of all my excuses for my poor english!!!!I'm quite amazed with the poor memory of the British people!!!! How soon they forgot their Queen of Hearts... I still remember how much I cried during those days and I didn't expected the way they accept Camilla as their future Queen!!!I'm not criticizing that old passion of Camilla and Charles... by the way, they sacrificed a young and beautiful girl just to pursuit their interests!!! He didn't had the nerve to afront the Queen and the Public Opinion, as his late great-uncle Edward the VIII did! Noooo, he choosed a young, and innocent as a breeder of the future generation and then put her in the dustbin!!! And that is, in my opinion, an Unforgivable action!!! Put yourself in Diana shoes!!!! special you the female members of this forum!!!! You a beautiful, elegant and desirable young Lady being michieviously used and abused during years... Diana was admired by the majority of the World and desired by millions of men, but ironically her own husband married her under false pretenss and openly substitued her by that woman Camilla!!! No Wonder Diana lost her balance, her mind, her self-esteem, and iniciated a lot of silly adventures with other men while still marrid to Charles! It was the way she could avenged her distroyed life, the coldness of the Royal Family and the way they treated her... Many women do the same so I'm not catching her the first stone!! Many persons talk about the rights of Women, and so many critics to those civilizations where men treat women lik trash... and I ask you: and Charles? How can you defend such a man???? To me it doesn't matter if Charles and Camilla are the future kings... I'm not british and that question doesn't bother me at all, but I can't go away without menttioning an old English saying: OLD CRIMES CAST LONG SHADDOWS! and I'm sure that the shaddows are already there!!!Thanks for reading me!!!

Off we go again darlings...

BeatrixFan said:
Off we go again darlings...

ROFLMAO BeatrixFan! :D :rolleyes:

Can you hear the theme song? "Does it go round in circles?" Billy Preston, my dear.

I never thought I would be posting this (because, faults and all, I adored Diana and so much of what she did) but even I have to admit Camilla is taking me by surprise with the way in which she is comporting herself now. I just finished paging through "Hello" and some coverage of the US trip and she looks very nice, says things that seem very pleasant and personable, and, all in all, I can't fault her one bit.

No, I don't think many people will ever forget Diana or her life and all the good she did. But, with time--and my own aging--I guess I can recognize these are two different women who bring their own strengths to the proverbial table.

If Charles and Camilla have found their joy being with one another in our relatively brief lifespans, that's good. I wish Diana had had as much time to find her own personal joy with a special someone--or perhaps on her own with her boys. I mean, having a man in one's life isn't necessary for happiness!

The people I find dubious and annoying are those still looking to make some money (or a lot) off of Diana's life and death. I've been reading through posts on this thread and others and it's truly astonishing how many of her "friends" and acquaintances are still having a go at capitalizing on her memory by revealing private thoughts and actions (not that anyone will ever know for sure if these people are being accurate.....). Diana was very clear on the fact she hated people making money off of her...... I wonder what Simone Simmons, Hewitt, et al have made in total by now? It's got to be a lot! Wendy Barry (sp?) was a housekeeper at Highgrove and wrote one of the first "tell all" books, I think while P Diana was still alive. It was banned in Britain when released. I wonder if it still is. Either way, it's sales in the US and other places had to have made her a pretty penny......

Diana accomplished a lot in her relatively short life and passed away. Her time was up, as it will be for all of us, and death is part of life. She and Charles were divorced and she was never going to be Queen.

Charles is alive and the monarchy must go on. Camilla is now his wife and future Queen Consort and that's the way it turned out. If the boys are willing to get on with it, then everyone else should too.

maryshawn said:
I wonder what Simone Simmons, Hewitt, et al have made in total by now? It's got to be a lot! Wendy Barry (sp?) was a housekeeper at Highgrove and wrote one of the first "tell all" books, I think while P Diana was still alive. It was banned in Britain when released. I wonder if it still is. Either way, it's sales in the US and other places had to have made her a pretty penny......

Hi maryshawn,

Quite assuredly they've made a lot of money, its totally disgusting.

There were a couple of books in the 80s but they were tame compared to what came afterward. The Andrew Morton book was really a turning point. Although Diana collaborated with it, it brought on a deluge of tell-all books from all sorts of sources and they continue today. Once Diana opened up her private life to the public, all her most private secrets were on the open market.

In hindsight, I think it was a mistake, although I'm sure others here would disagree with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom