Correspondence to and from Charles and Camilla

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
its the first time that i know that theire is threat about correspondence from the DOC AND POW !
me too , i received 5 replys from the duchess of cornwall , wrinting by her hand :
1-in her 60 birthday .
2-in the birth of her grandoghter LOLA.
3-her 61 birthday .
4-her 3th marriage anniversary .
5-her 2th marriage anniversary .
and the big surprise was last summer when she send me a card writing by her hand :
chaimae ,
"wishing you a very happy birthday "
and her signature !
i was over the moon , because its the first time when a HRHsend me a congratulation in my birthday !
i have 2 replys from HRH the prince of wals :
1-in her 60th birth.
2-in last christmas .
its really fantastic to receive a handwriting note from my beloved duchess camilla !

:writing:Contratulations to everyone who has received a royal letter! I think it's wonderful that the Duchess of Cornwall takes the time to write personally rather than resplying through a lady-in-waiting or personal secretary. Although she could easily not bother and get someone else to do it, I think she is one of those rare people who enjoys letter writing and of course it shows the greatest sense of politeness and breeding to continue doing so even after becoming a member of the royal family. I'm going out to buy some writing paper and write some letters to friends and family rather using e-mail for a change!

Wow I never knew till now that Camilla personally replies her 'fanmail'. I'm impressed - there are many, many lesser celebraties who would not have bothered. It's such a thoughtful and classy gesture. Good for her!

Letter to the P.O.W.

I recently read a book titled, Charles & Camilla: Portrait of a Love Affair by Gyles Brandreth. In the book, there was a letter to Charles, I believe from Sir Laurens Van Der Post. (not sure about this)

The letter described the duties and expected behaviour of the P.O.W., stating," You must not laugh unless it is a subject fit for hilarity...you must not be the lubricant of social intercourse...etc."

My copy of this book was destroyed by flood and I need the text of this letter for a research project. Does anyone have the text? I have searched online without success. If anyone has it and could post it, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

The book, in paperback format is available from Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble, among others, around the $1.99 mark.:flowers:

The letter described the duties and expected behaviour of the P.O.W., stating,"You must not laugh unless it is a subject fit for hilarity...you must not be the lubricant of social intercourse...etc."

I did not find the quote from the book you mentioned.

In addition,I doubt that Sir Laurence van der poster will be the one who provided the advice to prince charles.

I guess the quote is in another book about prince charles.

im planning to write to camilla. would she reply personally? how can i ask for her to sign it personally? hope someone can help me

at last I got the letter! sadly, the Duchess misspelled my name :( however I am still happy bout it. By the way, where is birkhall?

at last I got the letter! sadly, the Duchess misspelled my name :( however I am still happy bout it. By the way, where is birkhall?

You're accumulating quite a collection of letters from various royals. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I sent a letter to the PoW and DoC, congratulating them on their 10th wedding anniversary. The other day I received an envelope with a BP postmark and PoW feathers on the back. Inside was a card, about the size of a postcard; on the front was the official 10th anniversary picture of the couple, and on the back was this printed message:

"The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall were so touched that you took the trouble to write as you did on the occasion of their Tenth Wedding Anniversary.

"It really was most thoughtful of you and Their Royal Highnesses send you their warmest thanks and best wishes."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom