Correspondence to and from Charles and Camilla

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeatrixFan said:
And if I do get an invite to the coronation, I'll be sure to smuggle a few of you in under my robes! :p

You will need a really big ones :D

Lovely news! I really think that camilla is a lovely woman. Verry nice of her to send you back a letter. I would like to see her monogram so if you can scan it that would be verry nice!!

lets hope we all get a nice letter!

Beatrixfan, congratulations! That was a very nice gesture of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, to take the time to do that. Means that what you wrote to her family was received fondly and well appreciated.
Currently I'm watching TV, the (USA) History Channel, as I was reading your post, and they were showing the old letters in the 19th century (they are doing a TV marathon on 19th century USA presidents). So, that letter that you received is now part of a modern history social/royal event. Save it well, find online information on how to preserve it for the future so the paper is not affected by time. One day, next century, that letter will be enjoyed and appreciated by your descendants if not end up in an historical collection about royal life in the 21st century before King Charles was crowned. You have history in your hands, congratulations! :)

ps. I found that on the website of The History Channel they post twelve recomendations on how to preserve letters.

BeatrixFan said:
Well, I've met HRH very briefly and I had no lasting reminder of it so this is something a bit more permanent. I have to admit, I was a bit gushing in my letter and outrageously obsequious but that's life!
And if I do get an invite to the coronation, I'll be sure to smuggle a few of you in under my robes! :p

:D If you go then we will address your introduction as Beatrixfan, Ambassador of the Royal Forums Community!
Kidding aside, I do hope you are one of the lucky ones to get invited when that moment happens. ;)

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
Well, I've met HRH very briefly and I had no lasting reminder of it so this is something a bit more permanent. I have to admit, I was a bit gushing in my letter and outrageously obsequious but that's life!

hey, save some space for me, too. you, lucky one. congratulations.
you must have been so thrilled that you're planning to make another letter for her again. :)

it really feels good when you're efforts are appreciated by the person and her efforts of acknowledging you are more than what you expected.

Elspeth said:
Mind you, once she starts getting huge amounts of mail, she may have to resort to handing it over to ladies in waiting to deal with.
Agree with that :)

Camilla's Monogram is a C surrounded by roses with a Princess's coronet over it. She seems to have adopted it this year because her mail last year went out with the Prince of Wales's monogram on it. I'll try and get a clearer picture of it.

Thanks for all your kind messages guys - here's to the great coronation smuggle.

< ed > Have any of you ever wrote to a member of the Royal Family?
I was lucky enough to recieve a letter from Camilla!I was so happy...it arrived exactly three weeks after i sent it!I thought i was going to faint!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that for Camilla, it must mean alot that people take time to write to her, especially after the media hype that nobody liked her. She must have seen that time and time again and so when people write to her with caring words, a part of her must feel quite touched and so she replies. Maybe now she knows how affectionate the public really are towards her.

I also received a thank-you signed by Camilla after I sent her a letter of condolence. I'm really impressed that she takes such an interest in her mail and adds that personal touch. So much for the idea that she's lazy!

Congratulations Tabby!

Nice of her to do that, congratulations. I like her a little better now...but just a little. Just kidding, fantastic that she took time to reply. I like her handwriting, looks like my mother's.

Ani

Well, unfortunately what'll probably happen is that people will start writing to her just so they can get a signature on a bit of paper and the letters will start showing up at eBay, and she'll be advised to stop doing it. There's always someone out there who's intent on trying to horn in on something for a profit and ends up spoiling it for everyone else.

Wow you are so very lucky!Thank you for sharing such a priceless Royal keepsake with us.

I'm glad you enjoyed seeing it. I thought the same Elspeth. Nowadays it isn't about sentiment, it's about profiting from people's kindness.

Wow BeatrixFan that is brilliant! You lucky thing!!

Isn't it horrid that people would do that (the Ebay thing)? Very grubby.

227039631_4f5610a357_m.jpg

camilla's NEW monogram - august 15th

today, i had a pleasant surprise! a letter from camilla as well! registered mail too! OMG!!! i am like awestruck cos i was just expecting some private secretary or lady-in-waiting to reply.
i kept re-reading. re-reading the letter. although its typed written, but its PERSONALLY SIGNED by her royal highness (something like beatrixfan's letter)
SHE IS REALLY AN AMAZING LADY. very sweet of her to reply me.

now that my birthday is coming soon! i guess her royal highness has certainly given the best birthday present to a soon to be fifteen year old girl =D
thank you camilla!

Congratulations foiesgrass! I think Camilla must have recieved your letter in Scotland because that looks like her monogram as Duchess of Rothesay. I'm glad you've got something from Camilla too! Take it from me, frame it! My letter is well and truly framed with the photograph Camilla sent and the letter and alot of people are very impressed when they see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you beatrixfan! i am definetly keeping it as my treasureeee!!! laminating it AND framing it. :)

Her monogram seems to have the insignia of the Order of the Thistle around it. Maybe we're not being told something....

That is a nice experience not everyday a royal writes you a thank you letter. Their are so busy I am surprise she found the time to actullay write a letter back to you.

This week I received Camila's letter and a telegram of Felipe and Letizia of Spain. They are very nice in answering.But not as putting them in the page.

Congratulations marian! I'm always thrilled to hear that Camilla has written back to people. It just confirms in my mind how special she is.

BeatrixFan said:
Congratulations marian! I'm always thrilled to hear that Camilla has written back to people. It just confirms in my mind how special she is.

Joanne of theroyalist.com who is a member here as well obviously reads this thread - she wrote in her article at http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1400/1/

" Despite recent reports of cruel hate mail continuing to be sent to the Duchess of Cornwall, Camilla too is known to handwrite responses to people who are kind enough to offer support."

Well, yes, she does that, showing what a formidable lady she is!:flowers:

i think it's lovely that she takes time to personally respond to some of her mail. she knows how happy it will make the recipient.

I have got a reply letter from Clarence House for sending Camilla a card during her recovery of the operation. It is typed but not signed by the Duchess.
But I am still very pleased to receive the letter because I feel the warmth and very special because it is a letter with Clarence House telegram and a post stamp from Buckingham Palace.
Just look forward to meet HRHs some day.

Congratulations, love cc. I got mine 2 weeks ago and it got a place of honour...:flowers:

That's so cool. I remember being shaky like you when I got my letter from Sandy Henney, who at the time was Asst Priv Sec to the Prince of Wales (1994). I can't imagine how shaky I would be if I had gotten a letter from Charles himself!

HRH sent me a lovely letter after i wrote when Major Shand died, she signes the letter personally and it really was a lovely thigh for her to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom