Charles III, Current Events Part 1: September 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today, August 2, King Charles opened the 8 Doors Distillery, John o' Groats, Wick:

** rex gallery **
Ah, my favorite sartorially (almost) perfect royal, King Charles III. His Scottish daywear is amazing and what I used to think was "attention to detail" over the years I have come to believe it is just an an automatic part of dressing, something you don't think about and is just natural.

His waistcoat and jacket are perfectly cut with an obligatory pocket square tucked flamboyantly in his breast pocket, his tartan tie perfectly knotted, his watch chain set correctly, the kilt pleats are knife sharp, the length is precisely correct, his sporran is correctly placed as indeed are his kilt pin, sgian-dubh and hose flashes and he has chosen to wear black lace-up brogues.

All in all, a terrific ensemble. But wait! We cannot overlook Prince, and now King Charles, signature accessory, a small blue flower pinned to his lapel, not to be confused with a boutonnière which is professionally made and worn on formal occasions such as weddings. It is that singular personal choice that sets Charles ahead of the rest. Yes, real men do like flowers and some even like to wear them.

:previous:

No one else of the family attended. Here you can see who was sitting next to him:

** Pic **

Today, August 6, King Charles attended a service at Canisbay Church in Caithness and afterwards planted a tree:

** gtresnews gallery **

Today, August 6, King Charles attended a service at Canisbay Church in Caithness and afterwards planted a tree:

** gtresnews gallery **

He is so busy and looks like being in a good mood. I wonder when he will get some rest at Birkhall with Camilla. That would be good for him after such a demanding year (at his age, I always consider this). I remember that Harry once told that his father is always working too much, having found him several times in the middle of the night at his desk with a lot of paperwork, sleeping.

King Charles visited the Discovery Centre and Auld School Close in Tomintoul today, September 13, "to hear more about the £3.3million energy efficient housing project in the area":

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

King Charles was in Kinross today, September 15, to visit St Paul's Church, the associated Broke Not Broken charity and Kinross Parish Church Community Centre:

** gettyimages gallery **

I don't think this has been posted?

Bumping into The King!

Fun to watch. Thank you for posting it.

King Charles presented the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering during a reception at Buckingham Palace today, October 12:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Also today he received Chief Rabbi Sir Ephraim Mirvis for a private audience:

** Pic **

Last edited:
King Charles received the Ambassador of Congo and the High Commissioner for Zambia for audiences today, October 19:

** rex gallery **

King Charles received the Prime Minister of Montenegro, Dritan Abazovic, today, October 26:

** rex gallery **

He hosted a reception for "leading figures of the British African and Caribbean communities ahead of the Powerlist Black Excellence Awards":

And he opened the Priscilla Bacon Lodge hospice in Norwich, Norfolk:

** pa images gallery **

Last edited:
The King Charles III delivers a virtual address at the AI Safety Summit 2023

King Charles met Kindertransport refugees, from the Association of Jewish Refugees, during a visit to the Central Synagogue in London today, November 9:

King Charles met Kindertransport refugees, from the Association of Jewish Refugees, during a visit to the Central Synagogue in London today, November 9:

That's the Chief Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis showing him around, the same one who stayed overnight with him so he could walk to the Coronation. They just had a private meeting the other day.

King Charles today, November 10, attended "the blessing of a Cedar of Lebanon tree in the gardens of Windsor Castle. The tree, which in the Bible symbolises the flourishing of fortitude, justice and prosperity, was given by The Pope to mark Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee":

** Pic **

It seems any birthday celebrations were light on for family - Camilla, William and Catherine.

Edward was in Singapore and Anne in Glasgow.

It seems any birthday celebrations were light on for family - Camilla, William and Catherine.

Edward was in Singapore and Anne in Glasgow.

The Norwegian RF were spotted arriving at Heathrow airport a few days ago but hard to say if that is for the Kings birthday or a private trip. Apparently it was the King, Queen, and CP couple.

I would suggest it would be for a completely private visit as there was no official representative of the King meeting them. Even when a Head of State visits the country but not the King it is listed in the CC when the King has them officially met.

It is possible that the Norwegian royals were at his birthday celebration while his siblings had better things to do.

King Charles hosted a reception for delegates of the Overseas Territories Ministerial Council during at Buckingham Palace yesterday, November 15:

Today, November 16, King Charles received the Ambassadors of Austria and Brazil:

** rex gallery **

and he visited the new Lambeth Palace Library to mark Inter Faith Week:

Last edited:
Today, November 23, King Charles received the Ambassadors of Tunisia and Pakistan and the President of the Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami (the national representational organization for Canada's 60,000 Inuit):

** rex gallery **

Back
Top Bottom