Charles III and Queen Camilla, Current Events Part 1: September 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
UK_zps6c589394.png

Arms of The British Monarch

Welcome to King Charles III and Queen Camilla's
Current Events Thread, Part One

Commencing September 8, 2022

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Dunfermline Abbey has such strong Scottish Royal links with several Kings an Queens buried there including Robert The Bruce!

Back on topic, I found it very moving to see the joyous welcome from the crowds in Scotland today to their new King and Queen Consort. I was somewhat surprised to here the First Minister was booed so I'm guessing this is less of a "separatist" part of Scotland. Also pleased to see the QC wearing a brooch - more please.

Charles and Camilla's next engagement is this evening, at a reception to celebrate British South Asian communities - between 200 and 300 guests of British Indian, Pakistani, Bangladesh, Sri Lankan, Nepalese, Bhutanese and Maldivian heritage from across the UK, plus an investiture ceremony for a small number of people. Charles has always worked very hard to promote good relations between different ethnic groups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back on topic, I found it very moving to see the joyous welcome from the crowds in Scotland today to their new King and Queen Consort. I was somewhat surprised to here the First Minister was booed so I'm guessing this is less of a "separatist" part of Scotland. Also pleased to see the QC wearing a brooch - more please.

I found that very pleasing to see, indeed. His reception as King has been heartwarming.

The King's reception has been fantastic wherever he's been. It's certainly proved the naysayers wrong. So far at any rate.

There is clearly a deep well of loyalty in this country towards whoever is the monarch. Long may it continue.

A number of off-topic comments have been deleted. Please stick to current events.

It was apparantly only one man who was booing the First Minister and she recieved many cheers from those waiting. She iis actually very popular and has high approval rates. The SNP is actually the largest party in the council and wanting independence doesn't mean being a republican. The SNP is not a republican party and it has always been it's policy to retain the monarchy. After all, Scotland is the oldest monarchy in Europe and there is no desire to change that. Also, it was a Scottish King who took over the English throne and therefore the Royal family's main line of descent is through the Scottish line.
-

The King's reception has been fantastic wherever he's been. It's certainly proved the naysayers wrong. So far at any rate.

There is clearly a deep well of loyalty in this country towards whoever is the monarch. Long may it continue.

I’ve been glad to see that as well.

King Charles and Queen Camilla visited the Project Zero Walthamstow in London today, October 18:

** rex gallery ** dm article **

Last edited:
So good to see him on those videos smiling and so happy in the company of children around him

Last edited:
Last edited:
The King had four eggs thrown at him in York this morning by a protester who was shouting about slavery when he was bundled away.

Interestingly, the crowds turned on the egg-pelter and were booing him.

Interestingly??Ofcourse they turned against that creature!!

Screaming about slavery is a mental state as nor HM the King nor any of us had slaves and none of them plucked cotton!Case closed.

Plus you can´t hold against the great great great grandchildren what the great great great grandparents world was like.

Eggs are pretty harmless but it must nevertheless have been unsettling for them.

It's not the first time, alas.

I recall someone going for King Charles back in the 80 IIRC, who went up on stage where the then prince Charles was standing, brandishing a starter-gun, I believe it was.

The most scary incident must have been the one some ten years ago, where some hoodlums went for the car where KC & QC were sitting and opened the door. - I remember thinking the attackers would likely have been shot had it happened in DK.

Here's a little more on the designs for the statue of the late queen at York Minster

Interestingly??Ofcourse they turned against that creature!!

Screaming about slavery is a mental state as nor HM the King nor any of us had slaves and none of them plucked cotton!Case closed.

Plus you can´t hold against the great great great grandchildren what the great great great grandparents world was like.

Your logic can't be faulted, but logic was clearly not what was driving the protester!

Just watched the clip on the news, and Charles is unflappable. The first egg comes sailing past, and he just lightly steps to the side, with a look on his face like 'goodness me, what was that?' then goes back to talking to whoever he was talking to.

Outstanding.

Last edited:
It´s a bit of a stern look isn´t it...

It wouldn't be so bad if it actually looked like the Queen. But the only resemblance is in the Crown. Without that, I wouldn't know who it's supposed to be a sculpture of at all.

This is a direct result of all the uninformed tripe that passes for so called historical discussion these days. So typical of a certain type who think they know better than anyone else & that their actions are justified whatever the result.

Same mind set that led to a police motorcyclist being injured today as a direct result of stop oil protests.

I hope they throw the book at him.

Last edited:
Lucky that it was only eggs!
What if it had been acid?

(Really, Security can only do so much; if someone is out to get you, and they don't care what happens to them, there is absolutely nothing you can do to be safe!)

He's lucky the crowd didn't turn on him. He's also lucky that no one was actually hurt by his reckless actions.

He deserves a custodial sentence, a criminal record for assault & to be kicked out of university if he's still at one. Actions should have consequences.

Eggs are pretty harmless but it must nevertheless have been unsettling for them.

Most of the time yes they are but there are exceptions. Any object thrown at someone is potentially dangerous. It's unforgivable that someone would chose to do this to anyone let alone an elderly man. Not to mention the rest of the crowd including small children. It makes me rather angry to think about what could have happened. I need to chill..:cool:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2605713&page=1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom