The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 11-09-2022, 11:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Eggs are pretty harmless but it must nevertheless have been unsettling for them.

It's not the first time, alas.

I recall someone going for King Charles back in the 80 IIRC, who went up on stage where the then prince Charles was standing, brandishing a starter-gun, I believe it was.

The most scary incident must have been the one some ten years ago, where some hoodlums went for the car where KC & QC were sitting and opened the door. - I remember thinking the attackers would likely have been shot had it happened in DK.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here's a little more on the designs for the statue of the late queen at York Minster

Old 11-09-2022, 11:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Here's a little more on the designs for the statue of the late queen at York Minster

Itīs a bit of a stern look isnīt it...
Old 11-09-2022, 12:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Interestingly??Ofcourse they turned against that creature!!

Screaming about slavery is a mental state as nor HM the King nor any of us had slaves and none of them plucked cotton!Case closed.

Plus you canīt hold against the great great great grandchildren what the great great great grandparents world was like.
Your logic can't be faulted, but logic was clearly not what was driving the protester!
Old 11-09-2022, 12:14 PM
Nobility

Just watched the clip on the news, and Charles is unflappable. The first egg comes sailing past, and he just lightly steps to the side, with a look on his face like 'goodness me, what was that?' then goes back to talking to whoever he was talking to.

Outstanding.
Old 11-09-2022, 12:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Itīs a bit of a stern look isnīt it...
It wouldn't be so bad if it actually looked like the Queen. But the only resemblance is in the Crown. Without that, I wouldn't know who it's supposed to be a sculpture of at all.
Old 11-09-2022, 02:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is a direct result of all the uninformed tripe that passes for so called historical discussion these days. So typical of a certain type who think they know better than anyone else & that their actions are justified whatever the result.

Same mind set that led to a police motorcyclist being injured today as a direct result of stop oil protests.

I hope they throw the book at him.
Old 11-09-2022, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Lucky that it was only eggs!
What if it had been acid?

(Really, Security can only do so much; if someone is out to get you, and they don't care what happens to them, there is absolutely nothing you can do to be safe!)
Old 11-09-2022, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

He's lucky the crowd didn't turn on him. He's also lucky that no one was actually hurt by his reckless actions.

He deserves a custodial sentence, a criminal record for assault & to be kicked out of university if he's still at one. Actions should have consequences.
Old 11-09-2022, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Eggs are pretty harmless but it must nevertheless have been unsettling for them.
Most of the time yes they are but there are exceptions. Any object thrown at someone is potentially dangerous. It's unforgivable that someone would chose to do this to anyone let alone an elderly man. Not to mention the rest of the crowd including small children. It makes me rather angry to think about what could have happened. I need to chill..

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2605713&page=1
Old 11-09-2022, 11:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post

It doesn't even look like her The eyes, the fullness on her cheekbones and so on gives the impression the model was a taller, intimidating and very robust person, not the adorable petit grandmother we all came to know. I mean, her pictures are right behind him, and he still missed it.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just found out about the flying eggs attack and watching it on the other screen. I'm really getting tired of these attention seekers that are from lives so detached to what they complain about is ridiculous. And that includes those gluing themselves to museum artworks.

I noticed Charles reaction was to get Camilla behind him as a gentleman, while the idiot who threw the eggs, Patrick Thelwell, an "Extinction Rebellion activist" and president of the Gardening Society at the University of York, was photographed sticking is tongue out like a spoiled child acting up.

From his about him page he strikes me a bit delusional and, like many persons I met in my work life, able to justify his support for good causes as long as his opinion, and only his, is the one that matters. I get his point but not the use of violence using eggs, or any other object toward other people.
Old 11-10-2022, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo View Post
Just found out about the flying eggs attack and watching it on the other screen. I'm really getting tired of these attention seekers that are from lives so detached to what they complain about is ridiculous. And that includes those gluing themselves to museum artworks.

I noticed Charles reaction was to get Camilla behind him as a gentleman, while the idiot who threw the eggs, Patrick Thelwell, an "Extinction Rebellion activist" and president of the Gardening Society at the University of York, was photographed sticking is tongue out like a spoiled child acting up.

From his about him page he strikes me a bit delusional and, like many persons I met in my work life, able to justify his support for good causes as long as his opinion, and only his, is the one that matters. I get his point but not the use of violence using eggs, or any other object toward other people.

It really is just extremely stupid. Imagine being a supposed environmental activist and choosing Charles as your target. Guarantee this kid is entirely ignorant of the King’s contribution to environmentalism and sustainability.
Old 11-11-2022, 10:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
It really is just extremely stupid. Imagine being a supposed environmental activist and choosing Charles as your target. Guarantee this kid is entirely ignorant of the King’s contribution to environmentalism and sustainability.
He is like some people I met at work in my last two years, entitled from a privileged background. And yet, wanting attention at all times claiming only their outrage counts if they express it with acts of violence. Like throwing anything at a public figure as if that person was the sole cause of their problems.
Old 12-09-2022, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Today, December 9, King Charles and Queen Camilla visited Wrexham:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Old 12-09-2022, 01:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Another video from the Royal Couple today

Old 12-09-2022, 05:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ryan Reynolds? As in Ryan Reynolds the film star! In Wrexham of all places. Sorry Wrexham, no offence meant.

Everybody looks very happy. Congratulations to Wrexham on becoming a city.
Old 12-09-2022, 05:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
Ryan Reynolds? As in Ryan Reynolds the film star! In Wrexham of all places. Sorry Wrexham, no offence meant.

Everybody looks very happy. Congratulations to Wrexham on becoming a city.
He Has bought into the football team.
Old 12-09-2022, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
He Has bought into the football team.
Yes I was just reading that. I had no idea. Seems such an unlikely connection.
Old 12-15-2022, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Charles and Queen Camilla visit to London's Community Kitchen, Harrow, London today 15 December

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/2...mily=editorial
https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...tchen,_london?

Tags
charles iii, current events, king charles, queen camilla