Charles III: Accession to the Throne: 8 September, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Charles III: Accession to the Throne

Please use this thread to discuss the accession to the throne of King Charles III of the United Kingdom, including the proclamation on saturday.

Last edited:
Long Live the King.

Last edited by a moderator:
Long live the King!

Long Live the King!

Condolences to TM King Charles and Queen Camilla and all members of the Royal Family.

The PM just called him "King Charles III." I assume she wasn't speaking out of turn.

Long Live King Charles and Queen Camilla!

Roya Nikkhah @RoyaNikkhah 1m
Clarence House has confirmed that the new monarch will be known as King Charles III, the King’s spokesman has confirmed

I had expected Charles III, I think had he come to the throne when he was younger he might have chosen another name.

Well, this will be the third British monarch I’ve known in my lifetime. King Charles III! I don’t think it will truly sink home for me that there’s a new monarch until I hear people singing the national anthem with ‘God Save Our Gracious King’ beginning it.

Last edited:
We won't be hearing "God Save the Queen" for long.

Well, this will be the third British monarch I’ve known in my lifetime. King Charles III! I don’t think it will truly sink home for me that there’s a new monarch until I hear people singing the national anthem with ‘God Save Our Gracious King’ beginning it.

I think that’s going to be a shock- hearing the anthem.

It’s already surreal seeing King Charles. And seeing all the thread name changes in this forum and William and Catherine’s.

A lot of work for all the moderators.
Maybe a good time to thank them for their work too.

Now what about money in the UK? Will they have to reprint everything with Charles' face or money with Elizabeth's face will remain in use?

I think they will gradually withdraw the currency and we will be seeing Queen Elizabeth’s head on coins for several years. Too expensive otherwise. I can remember some Queen Victoria pennies and King Edward VII, Georges V and VI coins as a child long into Elizabeth’s reign.

Banknotes I’m not so sure about.

Now what about money in the UK? Will they have to reprint everything with Charles' face or money with Elizabeth's face will remain in use?

I did wonder about the swap out to barcoded stamps we have going on in the UK. This was going to happen this decade if not today so it seemed a waste to change them only to have to change them again in relatively short order. I haven’t sent mine yet so will wait for an announcement.

The polymer £5 has been around since 2016 so I thought it common sense that the style would continue for the rest of the Queen’s life. Notes on average are redesigned every 10 years, changing the historical figure on them. Normally a new note and the old continue in parallel for around 6 months so that people can spend them naturally rather than having to go to the hassle of changing them.

Last edited:
This thread is dedicated to the accession to the throne of King Charles III of the United Kingdom.

The mod. team is fully aware that his regnal name will be announced later but does not know how else to refer to him. Hence we will be sticking to 'Charles III' unless and until another name is announced.

Has the regnal name been officially announced yet? I was busy at work and could not follow the news.

Last edited:
Has the regnal name been officially announced yet? I was busy at work and could not follow the news?

Yes. Buckingham Palace has confirmed that Charles will reign as King Charles III.

I hope for a successful reign for the new King. [.....]

Long live the King.

King Charles III is expected to have an audience with the prime minister on Friday. He is also expected to address the nation and the Commonwealth.

The House of Commons will sit at noon on Friday for MPs to pay tribute to the Queen in a session due to last until 10pm. There will also be a rare Saturday sitting where senior MPs will take the oath to King Charles III from 2pm with tributes continuing again until 10pm.

Source

Crowds outside Buckingham Palace sang God Save the King.

King Charles III spoke with the Prime Minister of the UK after the PM made her statement to the nation - according to the BBC

Could someone please kindly go through the details of the Accession Council both in the UK and in some of the realms when applicable? Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom