Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 23: March-May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ysbel

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
New York
Country
United States
Welcome to the Charles and Camilla current events thread, part 20

commencing March 2008

Part 19, covering the period November 2007-March 2008, can be found here

Has any TRF members ever seen one of these labels designed by Prince Charles?

Has any TRF members ever seen one of these labels designed by Prince Charles?
(article with pic of the lable):flowers:

Prince Charles designs Mouton label
November 28 (2006)
Prince Charles is joining the greatest artists of the 20th century as he becomes the latest painter to feature on Chateau Mouton-Rothschild's label.

Prince Charles designs Mouton label - decanter.com - the route to all good wine

( But it hasn´t something to do with´ C&C´s current events´, hasn´t it...:rolleyes:?)

I had no idea Prince Charles was so talented.

It was mentioned in an article that was in the current events. Regardless, I appreciate the link.

Oh yes, Prince Charles is very good at watercolors. Aren't there several of his on display at Highgrove?

Thanks for the link. I have seen photos of Charle's water colours over the years. They are very good!

Alun Hoddinott
March 15

Alun Hoddinott, who died on Wednesday aged 78, was one of the three leading Welsh composers of the past half century.
(...)
More recently Hoddinott composed a 60-second fanfare for the wedding of the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall at St George's Chapel, Windsor, in April 2005. In 1969 he had written music for the Prince's investiture.

Alun Hoddinott - Telegraph

Prince boosts hospice foundraising
March16

Helen and Douglas House, in Magdalen Road, East Oxford, is bringing its 25th anniversary year to an end in style - with a concert which will be attended by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.

Prince Boosts Hospice Fundraising (from Oxford Mail)

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are to open a shop selling products from the gardens of their Highgrove estate.

The Press Association: Royal couple to open Highgrove shop

I'd love to buy things there ! From Highgrove your see....

Thank you milla Ca and giov for the lovely pictures! :wub: I like the suit she is wearing, but I think I have said that before. :lol: The produce in the shop certainly looked yummy, I hope it does well. :flowers:

Love the shop and would die for some of that Rosemary Jelly! And the scallions! No tomatoes but then I guess they aren't in season. Needless to say I would definitely shop there if I lived anywhere close to it. I love organic food, especially tomatoes. Nothing taste better!

Cat

If my plans to visit England next year are realised I'm heading right for that shop :lol:

Drove through Tetbury in 1982 when I was there , we were in England when Prince William was christened

You know, this is a part of Charles life that is so underrated. Diana was always acknowledged for her interest in charites but Charles has had the Prince's Charities Foundation for many years and he has gone quietly about supporting many causes over the years without any fanfare

The Prince of Wales - The Prince's Charities Foundation

Last edited:
If I have got an opportunity, I would definitely purchase scallions because it is one of the important ingredients in the Japanese cuisine and whole grain mustard because I put it in many sauces and marinades.

Last edited:
He is the heir to the throne, a businessman, a champion of the environment. And from this morning, probably Britain's poshest greengrocer. At 9am sharp, Highgrove, Prince Charles's store on the main high street of his adopted home town, Tetbury, will open its bluey-green doors to the great unwashed.

Welcome to UK's poshest veg shop | UK news | The Guardian

The writer of this article should realise - You get what you pay for - I don't find the prices unreasonable, I expect his wife/partner will explain how much good items cost! :rolleyes:

He is the heir to the throne, a businessman, a champion of the environment. And from this morning, probably Britain's poshest greengrocer. At 9am sharp, Highgrove, Prince Charles's store on the main high street of his adopted home town, Tetbury, will open its bluey-green doors to the great unwashed.

The writer of this article should realise - You get what you pay for - I don't find the prices unreasonable, I expect his wife/partner will explain how much good items cost! :rolleyes:

Well, I never thought a writer of the "Guardian" would agree that prices are reasonable compared to the offers at the local supermarket. Local products are always a bit more expensive except at high season because they are not harvested in enormous amounts like the rivaling products from the South of Europe or the veggie belt of the Netherlands and Belgium, thus production is more costly. Noone can believe that Charles as owner of a mere home farm could rival the production costs of those industrial farms.
:flowers:

I agree, Skydragon, good food has it´s prize.
I will visit the shop in June when i´m in the UK again, i´m afraid for the flight back home i will need a second suitcase to carry all the good ´Highgrove things´...:D

Well, I never thought a writer of the "Guardian" would agree that prices are reasonable compared to the offers at the local supermarket. Local products are always a bit more expensive except at high season because they are not harvested in enormous amounts like the rivaling products from the South of Europe or the veggie belt of the Netherlands and Belgium, thus production is more costly. Noone can believe that Charles as owner of a mere home farm could rival the production costs of those industrial farms.:flowers:
You pay more at most 'speciality' shops and the produce, whether it is edible or decorative, should never be confused with the plastic fruit and veg, or cheap imports sold in multi store supermarkets. :eek: Carrots from Highgrove taste like carrots should and their tomatoes are sweet, tasty and moreish, (I know that is probably not a word). I had the misfortune to be served tomatoes purchased from Waitrose and they were bitter. :ohmy: :flowers:

I agree, Skydragon, good food has it´s prize.
I will visit the shop in June when i´m in the UK again, i´m afraid for the flight back home i will need a second suitcase to carry all the good ´Highgrove things´...:D
A second plane perhaps? :flowers:

I read the article twice and missed any reference to Charles as grandfather. Can you please tell which paragrph its in?
oops...sorry...althought this isn't the article i intended to post, the one i did want to post does refer to him as grandfather but i can't find it now. when i do, i'll post it.

ETA.. I've looked and looked and can't seem to find it. I apologize.

Last edited by a moderator:
To constantly refer to him as the step grandpapa would annoy a lot of people who firmly support the idea of a family unit.

To constantly refer to him as the step grandpapa would annoy a lot of people who firmly support the idea of a family unit.

I think I'm missing what you're getting at here.

Two family units merged to form a new, broader based family unit, and within that larger and apparently homogenous family unit, he is the step grandpapa of his wife's grandchildren. He is not their grandpapa, and I would think that to call him their grandpapa would really annoy the real grandpapa, and picky people like me. :D

I think I'm missing what you're getting at here.

Two family units merged to form a new, broader based family unit, and within that larger and apparently homogenous family unit, he is the step grandpapa of his wife's grandchildren. He is not their grandpapa, and I would think that to call him their grandpapa would really annoy the real grandpapa, and picky people like me. :D
My point is that most families do not differentiate. IME, grandparents are just that, not step grandparent or grandparent. Recently a friends daughter was in the local paper, where it mentioned that she was the granddaughter of X. They only mentioned one grandparent, (because he is better known), he also happens to be a step grandparent.

Were her 'real' grandparents upset, (any of them), not at all, as my friend said 'You would have to be pretty neurotic to worry about such minor matters'. :flowers:

My point is that most families do not differentiate. IME, grandparents are just that, not step grandparent or grandparent. Recently a friends daughter was in the local paper, where it mentioned that she was the granddaughter of X. They only mentioned one grandparent, (because he is better known), he also happens to be a step grandparent.

Were her 'real' grandparents upset, (any of them), not at all, as my friend said 'You would have to be pretty neurotic to worry about such minor matters'. :flowers:

Thanks. I see now. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom