The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-07-2018, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe he will chose not to be Charles as King, to use a different name, to define his Kingship as a different stage of his life?

Obviously either can happen. And we can make arguments for either choice.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Maybe he will chose not to be Charles as King, to use a different name, to define his Kingship as a different stage of his life?

Obviously either can happen. And we can make arguments for either choice.
The Prince of Wales to King Charles sound rather different to me No need to start using a different name as if he were the pope

Old 04-07-2018, 08:43 AM
Majesty

He MAy want to.... If he does, really want to, I'd say he's perfectly entitled..
Old 04-07-2018, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
He MAy want to.... If he does, really want to, I'd say he's perfectly entitled..
I assume he could even legally change his name right now just like any other citizen if he really wants to - but that is evenmore unlikely (choosing a different regnal name is a possibility, it's all up to him)
Old 05-24-2018, 06:25 PM

I personally really hope he chooses to go by Charles, no reason to do away with the name all together for Monarchs. But given his popularity and what happened to Charles I I would understand if he chooses to go with George.

TBH when Charles ascends the throne I don't think his regnal name will be as interesting to the public as what Camilla's title will be.